It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Lights - UFO witness summary (11/3/2015)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
In 1997 hundreds, if not thousands of people saw a 'V shaped' craft hovering slowly over Phoenix Arizona.
The witness testimonies are intriguing so I decided to make a summary of them.
I hope you like it:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Benicealways

Not trying to be funny but , what's the point ?
Phoenix Lights has been done and dusted , they know what they saw but it wasn't what they thought it was.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Actually, there were two events. The lights, and the craft. The craft was seen with some light in the sky, and the lights were in total darkness. Yes, the lights were flares, but the craft that lots of people saw, has not been explained, just brushed away as insignificant.

I think it's painfully obvious that "WE" have a really big ship used for something, that usually doesn't come out during the day. Someday, it will be explained and then nobody will have to pretend they didn't see it.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Not trying to be funny but , what's the point ?
Phoenix Lights has been done and dusted , they know what they saw but it wasn't what they thought it was.

So what was it they saw? And can you link to something with definitive proof of what it was? Thanks.
edit on 3-11-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think it's painfully obvious that "WE" have a really big ship used for something, that usually doesn't come out during the day. Someday, it will be explained and then nobody will have to pretend they didn't see it.

Oh yah? Wheres the runway and hangar for something that big? I think its painfully obvious the people that saw and filmed the flares later were being fooled on purpose.

Filming that and presenting it as the UFO everyone saw earlier is what caused the confusion. But not on the part of earlier witnesses, they know the flares later that night and what they saw earlier were two vastly different things.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

but the craft that lots of people saw, has not been explained, just brushed away as insignificant.

Here's a giff taken from the only video footage of the triangular ship.

Here's a video from a similar sighting that didn't get everybody excited.

The triangular ship has previously been explained , it was planes , the video above is of planes.

edit on 3-11-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There was a Marine near Yuma AZ that saw that craft. Yuma is about a two hour drive south west of Phoenix.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Dont listen to that gortex, I think she thinks, she is some kind of expert on everything ufo related.

you believe what you want and post whatever you want, dont let her get to you.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Oh yah? Wheres the runway and hangar for something that big? I think its painfully obvious the people that saw and filmed the flares later were being fooled on purpose.

Filming that and presenting it as the UFO everyone saw earlier is what caused the confusion. But not on the part of earlier witnesses, they know the flares later that night and what they saw earlier were two vastly different things.

Um.......yep. I fully agree with the second part and as far as the first part....well, I'd guess a really, really big hangar. But since my clearance was only secret, they didn't tell me all about that stuff. But when you link Stephensville, and Phoenix, and even throw in St. Louis, you have the makings of something really large that flies at night. And if it's not ours, they we suck MASSIVELY at protecting our airspace. Being the fan of common sense that I am, I tend to believe perhaps we aren't all that inept, and the thing that is big and flies is ours. Could be a blimp, or something else, but what we know for certain is it's big.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The triangular ship has been previously been explained , it was planes , the video above is of planes.

If that satisfies your curiosity, then super, there are some fantastic threads you may like over in the Fragile Earth area. See Ya!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You've been here long enough to remember when this site was about denying ignorance.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Could be a blimp, or something else, but what we know for certain is it's big.

By some reports, "horizon to horizon", big.

The first sighting was during daylight, too. There isn't a hangar big enough anywhere. Others would see that somewhere, taking off or even moored, being filled with what, Helium?

It can't just disappear… unless you believe in cloaking. Or its out of this world.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The first sighting was during daylight, too. There isn't a hangar big enough anywhere. Others would see that somewhere, taking off or even moored, being filled with what, Helium? .

Daytime? In a city with a million cellphone cameras?

It can't just disappear… unless you believe in cloaking. Or its out of this world.

Come on, we're wa-a-a-ay past the point of playing 'false dilemma' games. There are several additional possibile explanations.

Do you consider it even marginally possible that some people seeing a grouping of bright lights crossing the night sky will interpret them automatically like previously-seen objects such as a large craft with lights mounted on it? Do you think intelligent, sober, rational witnesses could EVER do that?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The first sighting was during daylight, too. There isn't a hangar big enough anywhere. Others would see that somewhere, taking off or even moored, being filled with what, Helium?

Maybe, but it's unlikely. Either way, we don't know, and that's all that can be agreed on with this. Oh, and the fact that people did see something that wasn't "planes".

Yes, Gortex, denying ignorance is a fantastic idea. let me know if you chose to give it a go.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Yes, Gortex, denying ignorance is a fantastic idea. let me know if you chose to give it a go.

I already have but you were so busy reveling in it you didn't notice.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
but the craft that lots of people saw, has not been explained, just brushed away as insignificant.

Yes, it has been explained. See the thread here:

(Part 1) The Phoenix Lights - Laying To Rest The Myth

Also, Part 2 has a map with some of the witness statements of who thought the lights were one craft, and who saw just planes/separate lights.

The first sighting was during daylight, too.

No, it was not daytime. Look at the GIF image that Gortex posted above. It's the only known video of the vee formation of lights. It's dark.

Also, witnesses who saw the vee either reported seeing or not being able to see stars between the lights. That also means dark. Never has it been claimed (that I'm aware of) that it was daytime when the vee formation of lights was seen.

edit on 3-11-2015 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

(post by Poppcocked removed for a manners violation)
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Gads, I'm tired of feeling obligated to remind folks of the real nature of that sighting in AZ in 1997... I live in AZ and have spoken to enough folks to convince me that a huge, black chevron was seen by thousands, starting from the NW corner of the state all the way to the Mexican border from early evening (before the sun had completely set- around 7, but not really daytime) until around 10:00 p.m.... the track went NW to SE with some detours.

When you speak to enough folks (about fifty for myself) who tell you the same darn thing, and one even admitted soiling their jeans as the black behemoth glided silently over, covering the entire sky over their valley, and a pilot remarked they could've landed their private plane on one "wing" of the thing, then one has to admit the possibility ...at the least.

So nope, the flares WERE dropped and filmed ... but they are NOT to be conflated with the huge chevron seen earlier (and later at other parts of AZ). Some have posited the flares were dropped as a response to cover the sighting.

As I was inside that night, I cannot add my own testimony... but several thousand people DID see it ...and true, no images, except the one grainy shot, were taken, that we know about, but it was '97 and cellphones didn't all have high quality cameras in them... so all we have is testimony from fallible humans, but at least there are a few thousand of them for that sighting... so while I don't know what it was (or where it is kept), I'm pretty certain it was seen as described.
edit on 11/3/2015 by Baddogma because: cleaned up for charity.. .and/or clarity

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Thanks for sharing first-hand research.

I'll ask you the same question from above.

Do you think it possible that people watching a formation of bright lights crossing the night sky silently could subconsciously misinterpret it into more familiar form as a large craft with lights mounted on it. Is that sort of perceptual hiccup at all possible, do you think? I'm not talking about a perceptual malfunction, but a normal process of automatically seeking looks-like previous experiences that the startling new view reminds the brain of.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Jim, anything is possible... well, most anything, but being individual planes isn't my overall impression.

The testimony had statements like "it blocked out the stars between the lights" and the pilot said he was over the thing and it "blocked out the lights"on the ground in the area off I-10 between Case Grande and Phoenix.. .so it didn't (and doesn't) compute as a formation of separate airplanes.

The desert rat who soiled his shorts was of a skeptical mind, but said it just defied explanation and once he really got a grip of what he was seeing, it terrified him... and he wasn't exactly proud of his admission and got razzed from his friends that day he spoke to me... I believed him.

Although, I have it on good authority that at least some of the famous Hudson Valley lights were separate private planes flown by a group of practical jokers (one of the pilots is a friend's Uncle) although they started doing it as a response to the already existing sightings... so there could well be "real" mixed in there, too.

So all I can do is report what I've heard and say some credible, serious people will swear they saw a kilometers wide chevron that night... weird and unexplained as that is.

My own suspicion is military... or at least of human origin. But that's a pure, slightly educated guess.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join