It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One student killed, by a gunman at WSSU (a HBCU) and the national media could care less.

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I did a search and didn't find this posted, apologies if I missed it.

journal.ijreview.com... aign=journal&utm_term=ijamerica

This drives me crazy. Here you have one kid killed, another injured, ON A COLLEGE CAMPUS IN NORTH CAROLINA, and the main stream media ignores it because it's black on black crime. If the shooter was a white male, dear lord almighty, people would be going crazy. This campus was LOCKED DOWN until 5am, and then classes were held the next day, and they didn't find the killer until well into the next day.

Where is Al Sharpton? Where is black lives matter?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: matadoor

It's a sick, sick world we have to be apart of. Shame.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Doesn't cause that knee-jerk reaction - so obviously it won't be sensationalized the same.

Plus they already passed CISA and that #ty budget deal so they don't need to distract us until the next shady bill is up for a vote
edit on 3-11-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: matadoor
and the main stream media ignores it

Really?

www.nbcnews.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.foxnews.com...
www.inquisitr.com... iversity-shooting/
www.wxii12.com...
myfox8.com...
www.wfmynews2.com...
www.journalnow.com... l
www.twcnews.com...

Seems it was not ignored at all.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I get what you're saying but... I think this is good. We have enough fear mongering in the news these days, one less story is never a bad thing, plus the killer didn't get any of the spotlight he may have been looking for.

I say we start focusing on the good things that happen everyday instead of the bad. Maybe if we do that all the good news will have an effect on people instead of them constantly being bombarded by murder and bad news.

Nahhhh... It's better to keep the plebs in a constant state of fear, that'll make them more gullible and manipulable.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
You damn right man.

Other than all those people that reported on it, not one damn person reported on it.

Oh and ETA - the shooter was arrested Monday morning. So less than 12 hours after the shooting. He was booked at 1:10. Which means he was arrested some time before that.

But "well into the next day" definitely makes it sound better.
edit on 3-11-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yea more made up outrage that was proven to be false 4 post in.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

The point is this particular incidence was nowhere near as sensationalized as the previous shootings.
The fact that the MSM is reporting this is part of their profession, to put a political spin on it however is not their job.

edit on 3-11-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

The point is this particular incidence was nowhere near as sensationalized as the previous shootings.

It wasn't sensationalized because it was a simple one on one shooting. Not because it was black on black. But because this happens daily all over the country. I believe CNN and a few others reported it. I agree the media do have their preferred narrative. But this was neither.

This didn't get national attention either.
Two arrested in Myrtle beach nightclub shooting.

Nor did this.
Two dead, one killed in parkinglot shooting.

A google search turned up about 15 shootings on the day in question...
Ranging from black on black to white on white violence and everything in between.
The story in question did however get the most attention...
Google news search

It did happen at a school(gun free zone) and I believe that is why people think it should be bigger.
edit on 3-11-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

It wasn't sensationalized because it was a simple one on one shooting. Not because it was black on black. But because this happens daily all over the country. I believe CNN and a few others reported it. I agree the media do have their preferred narrative. But this was neither.

Nor did this.

Ranging from black on black to white on white violence and everything in between.
Google news search

It did happen at a school(gun free zone) and I believe that is why people think it should be bigger.

A "simple one on one shooting" to you...as long as it wasn't YOUR loved one, right?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

The fact that it was a shooting between members of the same ethnicity is why it doesn't fit with the trendy narrative of BLM and similar political movements in this regard. With that said there was nothing even in the incidences you bring up that would get the MSM to get behind them for sensationalism which kind of shows what I'm saying.

As to why they reported these events, the media maybe a bunch of propaganda tragedy vampires but they still have to look they have SOME journalistic integrity.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

So you're of the opinion that EVERY shooting in the country deserves a media circus around it?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No, I'm of the opinion that if Black lives matter, ALL black lives should matter.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

So to show that this black life matters in the OP, there needs to be a media circus around his death then?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

originally posted by: JAY1980

Nor did this.

Google news search

A "simple one on one shooting" to you...as long as it wasn't YOUR loved one, right?

dont put speech marks around his statement to cheapen it. you know what his post meant, youre taking it out of context even though he gave examples of other 'lesser' mentioned shootings which happen all the time everyday.
its not a huge profile, or potentially high profile occurrence then msm, which relies on naive viewers for their business, will not have it running on tv 24/7 and the talking heads ( i mean 'journalists') making carefully prepared comments.

so i know what he meant by 'one on one' , maybe a mis-titled shooting, but the label doesnt make the death and loss for those involved less.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So to show that this black life matters in the OP, there needs to be a media circus around his death then?

No, my point is, it's completely hypocritical for the "Black Lives Matter " crowd and the main stream media, to only care about a "black" life that is taken by a "white" person or cop. They should be outraged that these kids are dying no matter who is shooting them. If that outrage doesn't come out, these lives will continue to be taken.

new topics

top topics

join