It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Kills the Mood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I saw this posted by a friend of mine on my facebook feed today, captioned with "Go have sex for the economy!" or "Economists: we know when you're banging."

And that's pretty much the gist of the article.

Hot weather leads to diminished “coital frequency," according to a new working paper put out by the National Bureau of Economic Research. Three economists studied 80 years of U.S. fertility and temperature data and found that when it’s hotter than 80 degrees F, a large decline in births follows within 10 months.

An extra "hot day" (the economists use quotation marks with the phrase) leads to a 0.4 percent drop in birth rates nine months later, or 1,165 fewer deliveries across the U.S. A rebound in subsequent months makes up just 32 percent of the gap.

1. Birth rates do not bounce back completely after heat waves.
2. More autumn conceptions means more more deliveries in summer.
3. Air conditioning might prove to be an aphrodisiac.

I'm glad our tax dollars are being spent to study sex

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Why has Africa so many babies? If it's true...

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Guess I don't fit in with that waste of money study.

I prefer it warm.

I will not risk "blanket slippage" when its 40 F.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

luckily we are in a phase of global cooling

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
That and constant surveillance. Getting the U.S. off of using oil as it primary transportation fuel will go a long way to addressing global climate change. Try telling the oil companies and certain countries in the middle east that, good luck!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

How do you know that? Show me.

According to our best measurements, processed in a rational and rigorous manner, there is no cooling:

grist.org...

Not to mention that global climate change encompasses a whole host of changes, not just warming.

Let's be honest, it all comes down to money and oil, if addressing climate change cost no money we wouldn't be talking about it all the time.

edit on 3-11-2015 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Boy, these shameless bastards will now stoop to anything to get everyone on board this ponzi scheme to separate people from their money and their lifestyles, won't they?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Lol, I'm not even sure if they means this is a bad thing or a good thing. Whichever, it's something of a shot in the foot. If it's meant to be bad karma, and less babies, that will suit the 'overpopulated world' alarmists who talk of wars and more wars over food shortages, who actually threw in 'Climate change' for good measure as a cause for food shortages???

If it's meant to scare the pants off people, you'll then probably get more babies anyway!

Then today, we also have Ms Merkel talking like a weatherman...sorry weatherperson, about waves of refugees overwhelming us because of climate change, (it's a wonder she didn't say a Tsunami of refugees)
Does anyone here get fed up with all this shiite?

Watch not so carefully, the next G8/7/6 conference. You will not see all the premier leaders and entourage turning up in a, 'Boris car' will you? Nor do I expect if, ( Boris ever became prime minister of the UK..God help us) would Boris ever turn up in a 'Boris car'

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

So climate change kills the mood, causes immigration, will destroy the planet, and ruin everyone's day.

Is climate change just another word for Darth Vader?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

"The Farce, Luke, use the Farce!"

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: deloprator20000

Right--climate change has been happening since antiquity. It's normal.

Also, your source is from 2006. Here's one that includes info from 2008 (which had the greatest year-to-year temp. drop ever recorded): www.climatecooling.org...
At the bottom of the page I linked to, there's a collection of links to articles that discuss climate news since 2007.

I'm not sure if throwing money at an issue necessarily fixes it. If it's even a real issue, to begin with. The money isn't the issue--the issue is the issue. I think it's basically just a ploy.

I'm all for being a good steward to this planet--yet that doesn't include buying into a weird scheme. Maybe I'll change my mind if my eyeballs start roasting in my skull, but somehow I don't think that that will happen. The Earth knows how to regulate itself without our intervention--that's what it does.

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Now THAT'S a Star Wars I'd want to watch hahaha
edit on 3-11-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Boy, these shameless bastards will now stoop to anything to get everyone on board this ponzi scheme to separate people from their money and their lifestyles, won't they?

don't forget the pumpkins

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Pensionfund?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

ohoho yes, beware!
BEWARE THE INFERNAL PUMPKIN-MENACE.

!!!
I think they should be more concerned about the new pumpkin-spice craze.

it's like yes, let's say that natural occurrences destroy the planet--it's a problem that can't be solved, therefore $$$

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Cold weather means more cuddling to keep warm. That's why so many babies are born in summer months.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I thought the world had too many people. Now you're complaining because we can't make enough babies?

top topics

join