It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much power do Masons have?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
How much more power do you think a Mason has over an average person?.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
No more power than the average person.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
exactly. In my impression, it was only that they could control society at a large level.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If the Freemasons had as much power as people claim, I am quite sure they would use it to silence all of the anti-masonic rubbish.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CINTELA
How much more power do you think a Mason has over an average person?.

I guess that would depend on how far one goes past 33rd degree.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I don't think Masons have power over other people. I do think the average person can be easily misled, but Masonry is not about controlling others.

However, I think most, if not all, Masons take charge of their lives more than the average person.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Maybe power is not the correct word to use.

What are the main benefits of being a mason?.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You could always ask a Mason themselves, there a plenty of them
around here on ATS, or go to the nearest lodge and ask in person.
I'm sure they don't bite.
As for them having anymore power than anyone else, I doubt it.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It is not a bad thing to marginalize their power okay? Although your fantasy includes freemasons wielding power due to them selling their soul, they have no such thing.

And even if Masons did sell their soul, they wouldn't have any power whatsoever.

On a scale of 1 to 10, what is the power of a mason? 1. On a scale of 1 to 10, what is the power of a person not classified by their extra curricular activies? X, it depends on the person.

Edit: The benefits of being a mason is no different than the benefits of someone joining a guild and helping people out, or a college kid joining a fraternity and doing stuff like march of dimes benefits.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by RedPhoenixDelta]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The benefits for me being a Mason,

*Helping me really to look at myself as a person, and showing me how I matter and make a difference.
*Getting to meet and become friends with a great many people I would normally just pass by on the street. Not necessarily anybody "influential or powerful by any standards just alot of really cool people.
This is very important to me being that I just didn't have many friends, because I used to be a very private person.
*Being around people of different faiths than myself who I know have the same moral values as myself.
*Being let in on the plan for world domination by Starbucks (the REAL Illuminati). Oops. I shouldn't have said that...
*Being apart of a brotherhood of people who go out of their way finacialy and other means to sincerely help people with ailments or just helping people better themselves... NOT just other Masons. And they do it because they want to.
*Too many other reasons.

I'll never look at Starbucks the same way again. Ooohhh the power....

[edit on 1/4/2005 by cotwom]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The powers possessed by individual Masons I have met vary from those of Mr Furious in Mystery Men to somewhere between X-Men's Marvel Girl/Phoenix and Galactus.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
The powers possessed by individual Masons I have met vary from those of Mr Furious in Mystery Men

I know one or two who have the power of The Spleen from the same movie.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
LOL!

And some in the Order Of The Secret Monitor have a greater accuracy than even the Blue Raja (ibid).

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
the benefits are charity to all mankind, i have maybe been guilty of not displaying this once or twice myself though, social intercourse, and more especially above all these the after meeting harmony

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
They got enough to mess up every theread here trying to examine them.
any post will be immediately surroned and beaten with mason logic
No it is not the same - they have their own logic.
Almost everything you touch and see is connected to masonry
They take oaths to secrecy and death
How powerful are they
More then you WANT to realize-
and war is what they like best

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLeamer

and war is what they like best

I am a Freemason in good standing.

I have the power of free opinion like all brethren.

I despise the war in Iraq as a foreign incursion constructed by a criminal gang that has temporary control of the Whitehouse. War has no place in human progress or in the resolution of conflict. It is destructive and useless.

Sweeping generalizations hold no sway over the deportment of individuals whether they are accepted as Freemasons or not.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
A cursory examination will tell you that the common thread with the people you call criminal is masonry
No you cannot seperate your self from the deeds of your brethern.
There is not doubt that moral, thoughtful men belonging to the masons.
There is no doubt - they should stop supporting the criminals.
You presence gives them legitimacy.
The search for soul cannot follow the path of war

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   

No you cannot seperate your self from the deeds of your brethern.

Would that not condem every organisation, group and religion in the world as all have had some of it's members/followers take advantage of their position for personal gain or as a means to commit immoral acts

There is not doubt that moral, thoughtful men belonging to the masons.

I have presumed you meant there is no doubt there are these types. In which case do you not feel bad that you, on previous threads, have tarnished all with the same brush, treated all with the forked tongue of venom as if all commit the same as a single mislead person. If so read above comment.

There is no doubt - they should stop supporting the criminals.

I do not know of a Freemason covering for the criminal act of another. In the masonic oath they are require to swear to adhere to the laws of their land prior to any masonic duty. Therefore any mason who does cover for anothers criminal act, is not a Freemason, but a person who claims to be something they do not know how to be.

You presence gives them legitimacy.

I cannot see your "legitimacy" or any evidence of any organisation giving a criminal a reason for being.

The search for soul cannot follow the path of war

I guess all the crusaders of out past are not in heaven then. This is a quote placed where it is useful. If you apply it to life then no one will find their soul.

As for me, I tend to go to James Brown

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiggy
If the Freemasons had as much power as people claim, I am quite sure they would use it to silence all of the anti-masonic rubbish.

right on wiggy!

if the masons have as much power as some say they have then why dont they use it to stop anti-mason ideas and thought?

[edit on 7-1-2005 by svcadet32]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by svcadet32

Originally posted by wiggy

right on wiggy!

if the masons have as much power as some say they have thne why dont they use it to stop anti-mason ideas and thought?

You're assuming we haven't tried!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join