It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston's Equal Rights Ordinance Discussion/Results

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: BubbaJoe

... and things like that are why I still come to ATS.

Thank you for being a human being, BubbaJoe.

Thanks man, he was my best buddy, he, the wife, and I went out often.

link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust
This isn't the least surprising at all. Look at it this way, it has been introduced to the public at large. After the fear factor of the restroom fallacy wears off, it will do better later down the road. It was a valiant effort, Houston. Hopefully, next time around it will pass.

If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Or get the courts to overturn it. Or push an executive order. Or ignore the law. Or call people racist/homophobic/sexist/etc. Eventually you'll bully your skewed agenda on the populace and then tell us we can't push back. Ever. Because by then it is settled law and can't ever ever ever ever ever ever ever be questions. Because.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Things like this play well in the media and politicians get a few sound bytes from it but no one cares what happens to the actual people.

Are you saying that you don't care about what happens to people, Cowboy?

Why not personalize it?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

You should consult on skewed agendas T ... you seem to know a lot about them. LOL.

I don't know what world you live in, but we have nothing BUT questions here.

That's part of our problem.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I notice you use past tense.

Sorry if there's a loss involved.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

I know, i'm only 23 so i've only been in this fight for a short while.. but GLBTQ+ people have been fighting for centuries, and for every small step forward it's us getting pushed back by some kind of force.

and that is how it will always be, until some kind of compassion and love is involved.. but people can change if they allow it,

They have to be exposed, I have no experience with trans individuals, with the exception of my buddies friend in another state, spoke to her on the phone a few times. The whole community has my support, and my fight against racism is in high gear, I spent 6 years living in central FL, anyone that thinks that racism doesn't exist in this country, needs to move to central FL. F'n redneck mecca of the world.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I notice you use past tense.

Sorry if there's a loss involved.

Unfortunately there has been, I haven't told my wife yet, tomorrow is our 10th anniversary. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

This isn't the least surprising at all. Look at it this way, it has been introduced to the public at large. After the fear factor of the restroom fallacy wears off, it will do better later down the road. It was a valiant effort, Houston. Hopefully, next time around it will pass.

If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Or get the courts to overturn it. Or push an executive order. Or ignore the law. Or call people racist/homophobic/sexist/etc. Eventually you'll bully your skewed agenda on the populace and then tell us we can't push back. Ever. Because by then it is settled law and can't ever ever ever ever ever ever ever be questions. Because.

Or maybe you redneck, homophobic asshats will pull you heads out of the bible long enough to realize the world is changing around you, and you and your folks are no better than ISIS.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

What I care about or not is none of anyone's business.

What I will say is that I care nothing of the sexual proclivity of anyone. I treat everyone equally. To judge someone by who they sleep with is the same as judging someone by the color of their skin. Both disgust me.

There.

That personal enough for you?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, if it is now passé for me to get upset over the physical body of someone because gender is only in our heads, why is this restroom thing an issue at all?

If I can "get over it" so can transgenders. If it doesn't matter what the plumbing is, then what's the beef with sharing a restroom with a bunch of men transgenders? Or sharing the restroom with a bunch of women?

If it isn't supposed to bother the rest of us to accommodate you, then why does it bother you? If you can figure that one out them maybe you can start to understand why we're upset about it.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What I care about or not is none of anyone's business.

What I will say is that I care nothing of the sexual proclivity of anyone. I treat everyone equally. To judge someone by who they sleep with is the same as judging someone by the color of their skin. Both disgust me.

There.

That personal enough for you?

Then conversely, whether anyone else cares or not is none of yours.

In fact, you have nothing to say on the matter, by your own admission here.

Personally, while we're being blunt, maybe if you were a tad more aware of insipid generalizations like the one that you made regarding the matter of equality in this Houston legislation (not just who uses who's toilets) being merely "a political measure that no one cares about", that might reflect your equanimity a bit better, rather than you just coming off like a simple jerk.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Because Trans Woman have a higher chance of being attacked in a Males Restroom for one, for Two a Trans Woman is a Woman and a Trans Man is a Man so why should they have to use the opposite Restroom?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You are the one who peddles the "get over it" advice.

If you don't like your own medicine, don't dish it.

It's not "accommodation" ... it's simply equality.

How do you know you didn't pee in the same room with a man today?

How ridiculous does the example have to be to get through to you?

Knowing that there "might be" an anatomical man in the stall next to you troubles you SOOO much, I have news for you, one "might" have been there today.

And the damned legislation is not about bathrooms ... and you know it.

link   

I Agree,open communication a dialog is important, being around people learning about them, learnign that we are People.. but it always ends up turning into GLBTQ+ bashing.

those that want to Grow continue to Grow

link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Or maybe you redneck, homophobic asshats will pull you heads out of the bible long enough to realize the world is changing around you, and you and your folks are no better than ISIS.

"Or call people racist/homophobic/sexist/etc."

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Or, America could actually follow it's 14th amendment and treat us all equal with equal protections...

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

A jerk? Maybe you're just itching for a fight but what I wrote was meant to be a realization that those n office don't actually care about the ramifications of their legislation and the ones that are supposed to benefit from it are the ones that get hurt the most!

Why don't you take that chip off your shoulder and have a drink. Seems like you need one.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I Agree,open communication a dialog is important, being around people learning about them, learnign that we are People.. but it always ends up turning into GLBTQ+ bashing.

those that want to Grow continue to Grow

Here's the false narrative. No one is saying people who believe they are trans are not human.

This is equal treatment based on hard facts. In this day and age we can't say 'No, you are not a woman in a man's body' because there is enough misguided PC momentum to squash the voice of reason. Instead we can definitely say 'You have a penis, keep it out of the lady's room.' We can say that to any biological male, regardless of how they feel about themselves. That is equal treatment.

We can also say to any man 'We have dress codes that are legal to enforce' and tell a biological male how he is expected to dress while on the clock. Failure to meet those dress codes can be grounds for dismissal. Again, equal treatment. Emotions and mental delusions need not apply.

Society should not be expected to stop everything and let some special snowflakes get preferential treatment based on how they feel inside, in direct opposition of what unbiased biology makes blatantly obvious.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Or, America could actually follow it's 14th amendment and treat us all equal with equal protections...

Oh good grief here we go again...

What unalienable right are you being deprived of? Not an entitlement, not a privilege, not a nicety, not an expectation. An actual right?
edit on 4-11-2015 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I've posted it far too many times, but in 30+ states it is Legal to Fire someone, deny them a Job, services, housing, property among other things just for being GLBTQ+

that is discrimination, that is not being treated Equal, and that is not Equal protections

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join