It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston's Equal Rights Ordinance Discussion/Results

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
The thing is this "Bathroom Bill" is not what HERO is about, it's about protecting Everyone form discrimination. but they started this fear tactic Hate Campaign saying that "Evil Trans People" will go into Woman's Restrooms and abuse Little Girls.

That's similar to what happened in CA with marriage equality --- the first time.

In the week before the vote, the anti marriage groups did a media blitz and canvassed neighborhoods of mostly Latinos and blacks that if marriage equality passed, homosexuality would be taught to their children in Kindergarten and up.

Complete and total lies --- but fear is the great motivator.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Marriage equality didn't affect others. Bathroom use by people who are sexually confused is not okay as it affects other people. We need a third bathroom option so that all people can feel comfortable. Not just the transgenders, but normal folks as well. Your freedom ends where the freedom of others begins.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Marriage equality didn't affect others. Bathroom use by people who are sexually confused is not okay as it affects other people. We need a third bathroom option so that all people can feel comfortable. Not just the transgenders, but normal folks as well. Your freedom ends where the freedom of others begins.

As said -- FEAR the great motivator.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Why? that is just fear mongering, the states that already allow Trans people to use their Actual Restroom has no such Attacks on anyone..

Lets See, how about Heterosexual Men who have attacked people in Woman's Restrooms

www.kansascity.com...

www.wcvb.com...

www.kirotv.com...

www.rightthisminute.com...

Shall i continue? all Heteorsexual Men who walked into a Woman's restroom and attacked them.. how many "Evil Trans" Attacks? Zero

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I can't believe this didn't pass... this is a step back, and a Sad day for the "Land Of The Free".

people couldn't see past their blind ignorance and realize this protects Everyone from discrimination. they couldn't get past the "Sexual Orientation" and "Gender-Identity"

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

No, I get it, you don't care about other people as long as trans feel comfortable. You mistake me being angry for fear.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

No, I get it, you don't care about other people as long as trans feel comfortable. You mistake me being angry for fear.

No, don't think so.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I want to have a law that bans defecating in public restrooms, because the smell of someone else's poop makes me uncomfortable. Your freedom to poop ends where my freedom to feel comfortable begins, right?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

And this bill makes it easier for heterosexual men to do so under the cover of being trans.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I want to have a law that bans defecating in public restrooms, because the smell of someone else's poop makes me uncomfortable. Your freedom to poop ends where my freedom to feel comfortable begins, right?

That's fine by me. The last place I want to poop is in a public restroom.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

No, don't think so.

So in the name of "fairness" you make the majority of the population uncomfortable in the restroom to make a tiny minority comfortable.

Explain to me how that is "fair," especially when having a "family" restroom available for anyone to use solved the problem.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This is completely true.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Great, cuz while we're at it, I don't really feel comfortable in any public restroom that has multiple stalls where all kinds of filthy people come in at the same time I'm there. So, we need individual rooms, each with a toilet, sink and mirror. In ALL public places. We also need a separate "peeing" room and a "pooping" room, and we need as many individual rooms as there are stalls/urinals in both the men's and women's rooms. By my estimate, and it depends on the location and how big the restrooms were originally, it may mean as many as 8-15 individual bathrooms wherever there were two public restrooms before. Well, if we have separate rooms for the two different types of "eliminations", we really need 8-15 peeing rooms and maybe only 4 or so pooping rooms (because people pee more often then they poop). Oh, let's just round up to 20 individual rooms in total to make sure there aren't too many long lines. Because long lines make me uncomfortable too.

And I also don't feel comfortable using the same restroom right after some stranger used it, because I don't know how clean they were, if they were sick or just dirty, sooooo we need a cleaning staff on hand to sterilize the room after each person has used it, just so I'm comfortable, you understand.

Work for you? Works for me.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

a reply to: Darth_Prime

And this bill makes it easier for heterosexual men to do so under the cover of being trans.

I've heard this before. What keeps these throngs of heterosexual men from raiding Women's Bathrooms now?

I mean, it'd be illegal either way, right? If there's as great a undercurrent of this potential abuse in our society?

How do we solve this conundrum? Does everyone have to be properly "sexed" like chickens or cattle before we use public facilities?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
You know what's weird and sickening about this entire "LGBT bathroom" topic?

1) It gets compared to the Civil Rights movement...gtfo
2) Nobody, not even the Pro Trans people who claim to care about women, the underdog, freedom, etc...have EVER asked how the RECIPIENTS feel about this. Meaning, the Women and Girls (underage mind you) that will be USING said bathroom and locker rooms.

The LGBT people behind it don't care about RIGHTS, they only care about their special interest. Because in today's world everyone gets a Trophy and a Gold Star, especially at the expense of others.
edit on 4-11-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I feel like in today's America, the word "Rights" has come to mean "I want this for me and my group above others, and possibly in spite of others"
edit on 4-11-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
You know what's weird and sickening about this entire "LGBT bathroom" topic?

1) It gets compared to the Civil Rights movement...gtfo
2) Nobody, not even the Pro Trans people who claim to care about women, the underdog, freedom, etc...have EVER asked how the RECIPIENTS feel about this. Meaning, the Women and Girls (underage mind you) that will be USING said bathroom and locker rooms.

The LGBT people behind it don't care about RIGHTS, they only care about their special interest. Because in today's world everyone gets a Trophy and a Gold Star, especially at the expense of others.

Have you asked the Women and Girls (underage mind you) that will be using said bathroom, etc.?

Perhaps there's something else at work here?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

No, don't think so.

So in the name of "fairness" you make the majority of the population uncomfortable in the restroom to make a tiny minority comfortable.

Explain to me how that is "fair," especially when having a "family" restroom available for anyone to use solved the problem.

I'll ask the same question of you Ketsuko ... how do you know that the majority of the population will be uncomfortable?

Or, are you assuming that?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
As I read the silliness regarding the "ick" factor that some people here have with seeing a person who is dressed like one gender but whose body looks more like another gender (and that's all this is - the "ick" factor"), I have to remind myself that after another generation or two, none of this will be an issue. That's because as more parents become aware that their children are going down this road, they will be putting them on puberty blockers and hormones, allowing them to have the surgeries at 18. The children that do this early end up looking much more like the gender they identify with. You won't be able to tell. This means that no one will be able to tell if someone walking into a restroom was born a different gender than how they are living now. The "ick" factor won't be there any more.

That day can't come soon enough for me.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Creating new accommodations for < 1% of the population is not the answer and if you think it is, try owning a business that has to comply with the required accommodations. Talk to a shop-owner/bar owner/restauranteer who've built their own business about ADA/OSHA-required conditions they encountered during planning and building and I'm sure you'll be in for a laundry-list of horror stories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join