It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Don't Matter...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

4. In regard to my comments on your first link. The percentages are percentages of crimes committed filtered into categories. The entire 13 or so percent of Blacks Americans do not all commit crimes, and the data were already categorized by race in the table in your link, so actually you're skewing the data by race in your analysis. The table is based on the TOTAL crimes committed, and of that sample, 13% were Black on White, 10% were White on Black. The difference is not "27 times" anything but is greater by a factor of 3% OF THE TOTAL CRIMES NOT THE TOTAL POPULATIONS. Period.

To make your (and the articles) argument, you'd have to answer this question:

What percentage of the Black population committed that 13% of the total crimes? Do you have that data?

Is that number closer to 10% or to 100%? Because if it approaches 100% that would make your comparison meaningful.

Else, you're trying to compare 13% of total crimes with 13% of the total population and it just doesn't follow.

I know why you're doing it and why the horribly-biased source you're claiming did it, but that doesn't make it sound reasoning.

Here is the page with the stats again.

www.vdare.com...

The 13% number is the number of violent crimes committed by blacks where whites were the victim. Whites were the victim of a total of 4,091,971 violent crimes the year of this study. That means the perpetrator of these crimes on whites were blacks 560,600 times.

Blacks were victims 955,800 times, and according to the study the perp was white 10.4% of the time, meaning whites committed 99403 violent crimes against blacks.

With me so far? There was around 310,000,000 (these are rough numbers I had trouble finding exact ones) people in the US this year. Around 13% were black, thats 40,300,000 people, and there were 62% were white, thats 192,820,000 people.

This means that out of around 40,300,000 blacks 560,600 violent crimes were committed against whites, and out of 192,820,000 whites 99,403 violent crimes were committed against blacks.

This means that there was a 1.391% chance of black committing a violent crime against a white, but only a .00052% chance of a white committing violence against a black.

If we divide the percentages we can find out how many times more likely it is for a black to commit a violent crime against whites as opposed to whites committing against blacks, so its 1.391% / .00052%, which comes out to 26.75, or rounded up, 27. So the stats show blacks are 27 more likely to commit violence against whites as whites are to blacks.

I love that your gut reaction when you didn't understand this is to claim that you know why I am doing this (I assume implying I am racists) and that I am bias. I would appreciate an apology.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You really need to stop backing up your statements with facts, it really upsets the narrative............

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Right, and again, you are comparing the number of crimes to the whole population (White, Black, etc.)

There is no reason to do that, because neither of the whole populations commit crimes.

Let me break it down FOR YOU: there are 5 times as many white people as black people.

Total white population: 202.8 million people
Total Black population: 4.18 million people.

Now what you want to say is that 4.18 million people (total Black population) commit about 425,565 (total Black on White crimes).

You don't know that to be true, do you?

Which is why I asked you if you knew what percentage of the populations (Total, White or Black) actually commit crimes.

THAT would be an important number.

I understand the math fine. I demonstrated, clearly why throwing the number of crimes committed against the whole populations (that do not commit crimes) is spurious. You keep insisting on doing that because that promotes your contention that blacks commit more crimes. Quote where I said that your flawed reasoning makes you a racist, and I'll certainly apologize.

edit on 13Thu, 05 Nov 2015 13:19:41 -060015p0120151166 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

So now you're a sooth-sayer and can predict the future of what I'm going to say? Well, that's convenient for you, isn't it?

I see you no longer want to play games with the numbers and now want to retreat to the "well, any reasonable person would agree with me." How boring.

I pointed out to you, in detail what the stats in your first linked document mean mathematically and logically. I realize that doesn't come out to mean what you want it to mean. That doesn't prove that my analysis is wrong.

Why not speak to my analysis? Tell me why you want to compare specific categories of crimes to total population, when the total population OBVIOUSLY doesn't commit crimes?

Total Number of Crimes / Total Number of Black on White Crimes = 13%
Total Number of Crimes / Total Number of White on Black Crimes = 10%

That's what your stats say. So let's say that we're talking about 1000 crimes for convenience sake:

Black on White Crimes: 130
White on Black Crimes: 100

That's a difference of 30 crimes; see that?

Now, the actual mathematical and statistical DIFFERENCE there is 30/1000 or 3%.

So the most that you can say from that information is that in that sample, Blacks Committed Crime on Whites by a greater factor of 3/100 NOT 27 times or 2700 percent!

You want to compare the number of crimes of both races (which are basically equal in terms of total crimes) with the total population because that gives you an inflated number that means nothing.

Here's what what you want to do: Non-Hispanic White Americans: 63% of the total population, Black Americans: 13%.

Now, in your math you divide 63% / 13% and get a factor of 4.84 which means that there are about 5 times as many Whites as Blacks in the US in terms of the whole.

Said another way, there are 500% more Whites than Blacks.

So when a number like any given fraction of crimes (10 % or 13%) is considered (which is nearly the same) you then want to compare that to the total population, and since there are 5 times as many Whites as Blacks, you want to say that Blacks commit more crimes AND THEY DON'T.

100 total crimes (White) versus 130 total crimes (Black).

Now, if you don't get that, there's nothing I can do for you.

Sorry I was doing the math while you were writing this, I wasn't trying to avoid this. You can see I posted a long post 3 minutes after you.

My post above breaks down the exact number of crimes committed by each race against the other, and clearly shows the 27 times more likely number to be true based on this chart.

The 13% number is the percentage of violent crimes against whites that blacks have committed, not the percentage of overall violent crime committed. You are saying 13% of all violent crime was black on white, and 10% was white on black, but this is not the case.

You also seem to make an argument against proportionality. I think your point is this. If blacks and whites each commit 1000 crimes, it doesn't matter if there are 5 times more whites than blacks. This is absurd. If 13% of the population is commiting 50% of the crime, why can't we address this.

But ok, we will go with your point here. Well 443 whites have been killed by cops this year, that is about double the amount of blacks killed by cops at 232. So what is the point of BLM? Whites are the ones being unfairly targeted.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Right, and again, you are comparing the number of crimes to the whole population (White, Black, etc.)

There is no reason to do that, because neither of the whole populations commit crimes.

This makes no sense. No one is saying that the whole population commits the crime. This is how stats work. You show the number of people in a population, and then show how many times things happen to them or from them, etc. and you are able to find out the chance of that happening in that population. How can you then cite stats about whites getting more welfare (which you have done in this thread) or about cops mistreating black people? According to you, the whole populations in these cases is not doing these things, so the stats are meaningless.

Let me break it down FOR YOU: there are 5 times as many white people as black people.

Total white population: 202.8 million people
Total Black population: 4.18 million people.

Now what you want to say is that 4.18 million people (total Black population) commit about 425,565 (total Black on White crimes).

You don't know that to be true, do you?

Which is why I asked you if you knew what percentage of the populations (Total, White or Black) actually commit crimes.

THAT would be an important number.

The percent of black people that commit violence against whites in this year was 1.391%, as opposed to the percent of white people that commit violence against blacks being .00052%. These are the numbers you are asking for. The only change would be that you could argue that maybe some blacks were arrested twice or more for violent crime, but the same could apply to whites. This shows that blacks are about 27 times more likely to commit crimes against whites than the other way around.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
/sigh

Here's the table we're working wtih:

Total violence: 6,484,507

Total violence toward Whites: 4,091,971

Percentage of Violence Committed On Whites in Terms of Total Violence: 4,092,971/6,484,507 = 0.6311

0.6311 can be expressed as 63.11% or 63%. Where have we seen that? Oh yes that happens to be equal to the population percentage of Whites : The Whole Population.

Total violence toward Blacks: 955,800

Percentage of Violence Committed on Blacks in Terms of Total Violence: 955,800/6,484,507 = 0.1474

0.1474 can be expressed as 14.74% or 15%, which is about 2% above the total population percentage of Blacks : The Whole Population 13.2%

What does that mean? Statistically, Blacks suffer about a 2% greater incidence against them than their population proportion.

That makes sense, doesn't it?

Now, here's where I think you want to go ...

How many crimes were committed by Blacks against Whites? 10.4% * 4,092,971 = 425,564.984

How many crimes were committed by Whites against Blacks? 13.7% * 955,800 = 130,944.6

Crimes committed by Blacks against Whites : Total Crimes = 425,564.984 / 6,484,507 = 0.0656 or 6.5%

Crimes committed by Whites against Blacks : Total Crimes = 130,944.6/ 6,484,507 = 0.0201 or 2 %

Now, this does show that for those given statistics (2012-2013) that there was a higher incidence of Black on White crime by a factor of 3.25 or 325%.

Not 2700%.

And beyond that Scarlett, frankly ...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Number of (white) people in the population: 63% of 319 million = 200,970,000

How many of those people experienced crime? 4,092,971

What is the white victim rate in terms of the white population? 4,092,971 / 200,970,000 = 0.0203 or 2 %

What is the percentage of that done by Blacks again? 10.4%

How many crimes are done by Blacks on Whites as Compared with the White Population?

10.4 % * 4,092,971 / 200,970,000 = 425,669 / 200,970,000 = 0.0021 or 0.21 %

This means that of the total crimes committed by Blacks against Whites compared with the White population gives a 0.21% chance that a given White person had a Violent Crime committed against them in 2012-2013 based on these stats.

Just so we don't miss it again:

425,669 crimes committed against Whites by Blacks 2012-2013

200,970,000 White People in Total population

EQUALS a 0.21% Crime Rate by Blacks Against Whites PER CAPITA WHITE POPULATION

Thats the real number you're looking at if you want to consider the whole population.

That means nothing BECAUSE the White and Black populations are not segregated from each other ...

But I sure as heck am not going to explain sectional statistics ...

Best.

edit on 14Thu, 05 Nov 2015 14:12:50 -060015p0220151166 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Total violence toward Whites: 4,091,971

Percentage of Violence Committed On Whites in Terms of Total Violence: 4,092,971/6,484,507 = 0.6311

0.6311 can be expressed as 63.11% or 63%. Where have we seen that? Oh yes that happens to be equal to the population percentage of Whites : The Whole Population.

Total violence toward Blacks: 955,800

Percentage of Violence Committed on Blacks in Terms of Total Violence: 955,800/6,484,507 = 0.1474

0.1474 can be expressed as 14.74% or 15%, which is about 2% above the total population percentage of Blacks : The Whole Population 13.2%

What does that mean? Statistically, Blacks suffer about a 2% greater incidence against them than their population proportion.

That makes sense, doesn't it?

Absolutely makes sense I have no disagreement. Now lets look who is committing these crimes. The study shows 22.4% of all violent crime, which is 9.2% above their population, is committed by blacks. Why are you ignoring this?

Now, here's where I think you want to go ...

How many crimes were committed by Blacks against Whites? 10.4% * 4,092,971 = 425,564.984

How many crimes were committed by Whites against Blacks? 13.7% * 955,800 = 130,944.6

Crimes committed by Blacks against Whites : Total Crimes = 425,564.984 / 6,484,507 = 0.0656 or 6.5%

Crimes committed by Whites against Blacks : Total Crimes = 130,944.6/ 6,484,507 = 0.0201 or 2 %

Now, this does show that for those given statistics (2012-2013) that there was a higher incidence of Black on White crime by a factor of 3.25 or 325%.

Not 2700%.

And beyond that Scarlett, frankly ...

We are discussing two different things. Your number gives the percentage of total crime against whites that blacks commit vs. the reverse. This does not take into account population size. There are far fewer blacks, but more black crime against whites than vice versa. The 27 times more likely number gives the likely hood of a black person to commit a violent crime against white vs. the likely hood of a white to commit a violent crime against a black. This was shown in my previous post and I haven't seen you refute those numbers. It seems that all you are doing is saying we shouldn't look at proportionality, or the amount of people in each population.

If proportionality doesn't matter, I will pose this point that you haven't addressed to you again for the third time.

443 whites have been killed by cops this year, that is about double the amount of blacks killed by cops at 232. So what is the point of BLM? Whites are the ones being unfairly targeted.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
as long as it isn't taken by a white cop.

So yesterday afternoon, a 9 year old kid was gunned down on the southside of Chicago in an alley. Just another dead black kid killed by other black kids. No social media. No Al Sharpton. No Deray McKesson. No buck dancing, bojangling preachers in zoot suits. No marches. No comments from President Zero saying if he had a son.

Numerous witnesses, but snitches get stitches...

I'm sick of the black community's hypocrisy and victimization cult.

It is stuff like this that makes the BLM movement minstrels a laughing stock that no one takes seriously. This is not to say police brutality doesn't matter, but it shows how out of touch these fools are with reality. Chiraq has claimed 432 murders year to date. 76% of the deceased are black. Not a peep.

Nine Year Old Killed

I can not argue with anything you said. It's not reported because black on black crime doesn't sale the sizzle. It doesn't bring the numbers. it's that simple.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Of course we are discussing two different things: I'm comparing total number of crimes and you are comparing total number of people ... remember? I know about the crime number, and I know about the population total number, but I don't know what part of the population committed the crimes ... and neither do you, although, you keep trying to pretend that you do.

I just gave you the answer that you requested far above ... Blacks commit 3.25 times the number of crimes against Whites as Whites do against Blacks.

So, indeed Blacks do commit more crimes against Whites compared with number of crimes, or they did in 2012-2013.

I also showed you that number in terms of the White population to show the chance or the incidence rate which you were fumbling with.

BLM states that they are a Black political activist group concerned with Black issues.

If you want to address White issues, start WLM, but don't require BLM to focus on your issues.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So in their own words, BLM was started in response to George Zimmerman's acquittal. So at the end of the day, the movement was based on a false meme about lil ole Trayvon being wantonly gunned down. But not only one false meme, but two false memes when we throw in the Hands Up, Don't Shoot BS from the Mike Brown case.

Further, as Grambler pointed out, more whites have been killed by police than blacks. So none of the data is showing that there is any actual trend of targeting blacks.

So the entire movement is based on this false notion of blacks being targeted. As I stated earlier, the narrative of this white boogeyman must be upheld regardless of the facts.

At the end of the day, the cultural dysfunction afflicting the black community will still be there even if we could magically get rid of all the bad cops. There will still be a 75% out of wedlock birth rate. There will still be hundreds being gunned down weekyl in our urban cities. The high school graduation rate will still be pathetic. BLM solves nothing in the black community.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Number of (white) people in the population: 63% of 319 million = 200,970,000

How many of those people experienced crime? 4,092,971

What is the white victim rate in terms of the white population? 4,092,971 / 200,970,000 = 0.0203 or 2 %

What is the percentage of that done by Blacks again? 10.4%

How many crimes are done by Blacks on Whites as Compared with the White Population?

10.4 % * 4,092,971 / 200,970,000 = 425,669 / 200,970,000 = 0.0021 or 0.21 %

This means that of the total crimes committed by Blacks against Whites compared with the White population gives a 0.21% chance that a given White person had a Violent Crime committed against them in 2012-2013 based on these stats.

Just so we don't miss it again:

425,669 crimes committed against Whites by Blacks 2012-2013

200,970,000 White People in Total population

EQUALS a 0.21% Crime Rate by Blacks Against Whites PER CAPITA WHITE POPULATION

Not quite. The percentage of blacks committing violence to whites is 13.7%, not 10.4%. This would raise the number somewhat to .27%. So your point is that there is a very small chance of a white person being the victim of a crime by blacks. I agree. The assumption is that we shouldn't worry about it then I guess.

A blacks chance of having violence committed by a white is even smaller at .23%

Now lets look at a black persons chance of being killed by the police. There are about 41,470,000 black people, and 232 have been killed by police this year. That is a .00056% chance.

So why the narrative that cops are slaughtering blacks. Especially when you consider that according to this chart 62% of all violence against blacks was by other blacks, meaning 592,596 crimes. That is a 1.43% chance. I believe that is what the OP was alluding to.

Thats the real number you're looking at if you want to consider the whole population.

That means nothing BECAUSE the White and Black populations are not segregated from each other ...

But I sure as heck am not going to explain sectional statistics ...

Best.

This is not the number to look at. This number just shows there is a very small chance of a white person having violence committed on them by a black, and an even smaller chance of the opposite. This does not take into account proportionality, that there are way more whites than blacks. You are correct, the populations are not segregated. How do you explain the fact that even with far less black people than whites, they commit more crimes against whites than vice versa?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

But you haven't proven anything about "this false notion of blacks being targeted."

So your claim is as followed, somewhat untangled for you: Blacks are not being targeted by Law Enforcement in the US.

Prove it.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Well, you were right about one thing ... I did switch the percentages between 10.4% and 13.7%.

Interestingly, that arithmetic error still didn't verify your 27x number, did it?

If you really want to continue this, let me know. I'm fairly sure that only you and I are interested at this point.

I'll be back from dinner with my family in about 2 hrs if so.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
So in their own words, BLM was started in response to George Zimmerman's acquittal. So at the end of the day, the movement was based on a false meme about lil ole Trayvon being wantonly gunned down. But not only one false meme, but two false memes when we throw in the Hands Up, Don't Shoot BS from the Mike Brown case.

Further, as Grambler pointed out, more whites have been killed by police than blacks. So none of the data is showing that there is any actual trend of targeting blacks.

So the entire movement is based on this false notion of blacks being targeted. As I stated earlier, the narrative of this white boogeyman must be upheld regardless of the facts.

At the end of the day, the cultural dysfunction afflicting the black community will still be there even if we could magically get rid of all the bad cops. There will still be a 75% out of wedlock birth rate. There will still be hundreds being gunned down weekyl in our urban cities. The high school graduation rate will still be pathetic. BLM solves nothing in the black community.

You know, if you had just said "in my opinion" I don't think I'd have a problem with what you said. Edit: To clarify, I'd realize what your position is, not that don't have any issue with what you're claiming ... Whic is ridiculous.

I do have a question though ... when you refer to the Black community, why do you never say "we"?
edit on 16Thu, 05 Nov 2015 16:25:48 -060015p0420151166 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Why do you group us all together? Do you honestly believe blacks do not speak on the atrocities happening to our ppl?

Stop using Al Sharpton. Just FYI whites talk more about Sharpton than blacks. We do not support that coon. It is your infatuation with him that is the problem. We do not have any leaders cause your ppl killed them off.

All we have is bogus christian pastors teaching European ideology.

Im frm Nashville. We're active in our communities but we still have issues like you whites have issues with trash dealing meth, heroin, and prescrips.

Here the gun supplier is the redneck with the shed and safes full of guns. The reckless gun owner who leaves his shotgun and crossbows out in the garage. Here you buy your weight from whites or asians.

Cause you don't see it on your dumb box doesnt mean it isn't happening.

Black Communities are active across AmeriKKKa. You don't hear about it cause it isn't televised.

Multi
Ethnic
Destruction
In
AmeriKKKa

Notice you can find videos of young black kids doing robberies, fights, or other ignorance....

But where is the video of the school shootings? The theatres?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Total Crimes: 6,484,507

Total Black on White Crimes: 560,600
---> As a percentage of Total Crimes: 8.65%

Total White on Black Crimes: 99,403
---> As a percentage of Total Crimes: 1.53%%

Total Black on Black Crimes: 594,508
---> As a percentage of Total Crimes: 9.17%%

Total White on White Crimes: 2,291,504
---> As a percentage of Total Crime: 35.34%

Blacks commit about the same amount of crimes against Blacks as against Whites.

Whites commit almost 4 times (3.969) the amount of crimes against Whites as against Blacks.

Seems to me that Whites are a far greater danger to Whites than Blacks are to Blacks.

/shrug

edit on 19Thu, 05 Nov 2015 19:12:07 -060015p0720151166 by Gryphon66 because: Added a bit more accuracy

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
"BAD LANGUAGE ALERT"

edit on 11/5/15 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
How do you explain the fact that even with far less black people than whites, they commit more crimes against whites than vice versa?

Yes Blacks commit crimes against Whites than Whites do against Blacks by a factor of 5.6397.

Blacks also commit crimes against Blacks than Whites do against Blacks by a factor of 5.98.

But if we're going to run those numbers, why not run White against White than Whites against Blacks (23.05 factor).

And White against Black as compared with White against Black of course is a factor of 1.

So ... follow up for you, why do Whites commit more crimes against Whites than anyone else?

So, the factors:

5.6397 times as many Black on White crimes as White on Black
5.98 times as many Black on Black crimes as White on Black
23.05 times as many White on White crimes as White on Black.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
As long as the CIA can continue their diversion tactics on the blacks, politicians will continue supporting them.

Divide and Conquer has always been the name of the game, and as long as you can keep a brotha down, politicians can manipulate their circumstances for agenda and profits

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join