It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Detonates Bomb At Walmart Over Confederate Flag

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

I don't think so. I think if what you were saying was truth there would be more to the narrative in the articles. As it stands this isn't a very high profile case. It's more presented as a "Hey look what this guy did" thing instead of a "BEWARE! These people are trying to overturn our country!" thing. Everything about this looks like it is just a one off thing and are likely to even forget it was a thing after we log off for the day.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
a reply to: StoutBroux

Or some stats of Walmart laying off workers, they have such a difficult time hiring them in the first place.

Walmart has a difficult time finding people to hire? Or were you being sarcastic?
If you weren't, idk what world you're living in, but it's a FAR cry from mine. Hell, half the county I live in seems to work at Walmart...and the other half wish they had those jobs, just to have jobs.

I work at Walmart, and it's actually true. They have an extreme difficult time hiring people, because people will get hired, then they quit. Most people that get hired, and can actually pass a drug test, promptly quit because they actually have to work, going into the job thinking it's just a piss-easy job that anyone can do. About 95% of all new hires are extremely lazy, the other 5% get hired and stay for a week to make it look like they're trying to find a job for unemployment. But most people that do get hired can't pass a drug test, thus they're basically thrown away.

And about 98% of employees that I work with, should've quit, because they're all lazy and worthless, and the only reason they aren't fired is because the laws Walmart has to tip-toe around to fire people.

I always knew people were stupid and lazy, but had no idea the amount of stupid that infects the general population, and I've worked at multiple stores in multiple states, seeing the same thing over and over. It's really no wonder the country is the way it is.
edit on 3-11-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

I've worked various commercial roofing and construction jobs for almost 20 years now, and ran a cabinet design and installation business, so I won't disagree that a lot of people are lazy and/or "stupid" (basically, they just don't care to learn...more ignorance than stupidity)...

But most people that do get hired can't pass a drug test, thus they're basically thrown away.

Yeah, well, you're basically talking about those that consume cannabis here....because, otherwise (or unless you do a LOT of benzos) those UAs are extremely easy to circumvent....it's the cannabis users that experience the brunt of this (thus the reason when my partner and I started our cabinet business, we did not drug test, we tested them through experience)....

I don't believe that being a regular user of cannabis should be grounds for not hiring a person...but hey, that's just me.
edit on 3-11-2015 by Jakal26 because: because

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

You truly do a lot of assuming. Again, if you'd bother to look back, even into my posting history here (and anyone can) you'd know you're just talking a lot of bs and know nothing about me.

I do know your posting history, thats why I generally don't bother-- and you just did it again…

Why would I give a moron like this, willing to destroy his own protest and activism….for what, exactly? What goddamned bit of difference did any of it make, besides making him look like an idiot to the sensible among us?

Because it got his message across, where before it was just a local "bother" , now it has more momentum. And just like the media you play right into it, distracting away from his message by attacking the messenger.

Like I said, go back to building WMD in a US defense plant.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26I always wondered why my southern counterparts desire flying the flag of what is, essentially, defeat.....like it's some kind of "badge of honor" flying the damned thing under the flag of what was once "the enemy"....never made any sense to me.

It's a symbol of defiance, rejecting the power that overthrew their government and annexed them.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
I'm calling this a setup. With the intention of making patriots out to look like this guy.

That's just what I was thinking, as soon as I read the article. Either the whole thing was staged, or someone tossing a bag of firecrackers is being played up a lot.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
We need a war on domestic terrorism! These mass shootings and domestic terrorists need to be rooted out! I am willing to bet he left a long trail of threts and warnings that he was going to do something dangerous! They could have stopped him. . . . But instead they decided to not pay him any attention. . .

This dude should have been caught instead they ignore the real trouble makers and harass innocent people on a daily basis!

Here's an honest question, how do we stop someone from doing this without violating their rights?

If there's a group of people we've circumvented the constitution with charges of conspiracy which carry the same penalty as the real thing. Under a conspiracy charge, an agreement (even verbal) between two people to commit an act is equal to committing that act, and so they can be arrested for breaking the law.

If someone is a lone wolf however, lets say they buy all the components for a fertilizer bomb. Do we as a society really have a right to stop them before they assemble and deploy that bomb? Having the material isn't proof of intent, and there's no right to seize that persons documents and look for proof of intent until they have committed or are suspected of committing a crime. Planning alone is not illegal.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

I didn't get to read the whole thread during my layover but I'm rolling laughing that Southpark came up and that episode specifically. But mad you beat me to it

<< 1  2   >>

join