It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming now causing........Refugees?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Remember that drought and famine produce refugees. These refugees must find a place to go, and when they get there they are called immigrants. Global Warming, produces droughts and famine. Sounds like 1 +1 = 2 to me.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Wow, this is amazing. The current refugee crisis in Germany and Europe has NOT a #ING THING to do with war and was a result of ......global warming. How in the hell did I miss this?

I sure am glad I was set straight.

On a slightly less sarcastic note, the AGW cheerleaders might want to tuck it down a notch. Most folks do realize the warming is real. And most of those same people aren't big fans of pollution and waste, so...um....yea. We get it, but jamming it down the throats of any and all, is kind of poor form.

Linking the current refugee crisis to climate change was an idiotic thing to do. These people are moving because their homes are being blown up, not because their air conditioners had to run a few extra minutes.

Now, run tell Al Gore that.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude The current refugee crisis absolutely does start with climate change and Assads failure to handle farmer and grazer refugees in his own country to his own cities. He let a lot of people starve in the cities through the mismanagement of feeding and sheltering them. Starvation can lead anyone into the hands of extremists.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Well then, they are all idiots. All they had to do is move a bit north, and it would cool off enough for them. Traveling all over the continent seems so pointless.

you really do make me smile.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Actually it wasn't drought and global warming had nothing to do with it.

It was goats and deforestration.

I guess if Angela Merkel is so worried then she should take Germany of fossil fuels. Germany is currently listed as 6th in the world

www.businessinsider.com...

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

Actually it wasn't drought and global warming had nothing to do with it.

It was goats and deforestration.

I guess if Angela Merkel is so worried then she should take Germany of fossil fuels. Germany is currently listed as 6th in the world

www.businessinsider.com...

Tired of Control Freaks

She is. They've hit several records lately including this year.

ecowatch.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Well then, they are all idiots. All they had to do is move a bit north, and it would cool off enough for them. Traveling all over the continent seems so pointless.

are you talking about turkey? cuz about a million syrians DID relocate there.

www.migrationpolicy.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You do realize that the advent of climate change refugees has long been one of the most central impacts predicted by those so-called "alarmists" right?

You're acting like it's some kind of new fad they are just jumping on all of a sudden. Here's a video of climate scientists predicting this exact sort of thing over 30 years ago:

And here's an article from almost 4 years ago, before the current exodus became all the MSM rage, discussing how brewing social unrest in Syria is connected to climate change - namely the record setting drought they experienced from 2006-2011:

Syria: Climate Change, Drought and Social Unrest

There are of course many geopolitical factors that unraveled the crisis in full, but it's quite clear the drought was a key catalyst in the beginning.

How Climate Change is Behind the Surge of Migrants to Europe

The whole scenario has played out exactly like a lot of people have been warning us about for a long time. But of course all of that doesn't count to those who live in a bubble of political propaganda where the data must be all fake, the scientists crooks, the predictions have failed blah blablah...

Yet this is only the beginning. I wonder how bad it will be when the MIddle East isn't just "unstable", but literally inhospitable:

Future temperature in southwest Asia projected to exceed a threshold for human adaptability

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

only 1 problem with your "scientists predict" - the scientist in question was making his prediction based on the assumption that temperature would continue to rise! It hasn't!

It was goats and deforestration that destroyed the Fertile Crescent of which Syria was a part:

articles.latimes.com...

So how did Fertile Crescent peoples lose that big lead? The short answer is ecological suicide: They inadvertently destroyed the environmental resources on which their society depended. Just as the region's rise wasn't due to any special virtue of its people, its fall wasn't due to any special blindness on their part. Instead, they had the misfortune to be living in an extremely fragile environment, which, because of its low rainfall, was particularly susceptible to deforestation.

When you clear a forest in a high-rainfall tropical area, new trees grow up to a height of 15 feet within a year; in a dry area like the Fertile Crescent, regeneration is much slower. And when you add to the equation grazing by sheep and goats, new trees stand little chance. Deforestation led to soil erosion, and irrigation agriculture led to salinization, both by releasing salt buried deep in the ground and by adding salt through irrigation water. After centuries of degradation, areas of Iraq that formerly supported productive irrigation agriculture are today salt pans where nothing grows.

Actually, war had a little influence as well.

Merkel's announcement was propaganda in prepation for the the COP21 in Paris

Tired of Control Freask

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Yes, sure yes - temperature hasn't risen. All the predictions have failed. Including this one about climate refugees. Let's just pretend it was never made, so that way we can exclaim "oh look what they're trying to blame now on global warming lolol."

As a conspiracy theorist I really feel sorry for some of you. The exhausting amount of mental backflips you require to make square reality fit the rounded edges of dementia conservative media stuffs into your input sockets on a daily basis - it's tiring just watching it.

I know some of you really believe you're pulling this charade off cool as a cucumber, or others just do it because they think being blindly ignorant to facts is trolling Liberals somehow. But I really wish you could see how sad and hopeless it looks to the rest of us standing on the sidelines.

It's like you're peeing all over yourselves and proudly telling everyone else that it's raining. No wonder you think a 5 year drought had nothing to do with any of this.

- Tired of Intellectual Dishonesty

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

Easy to predict something which has been happening for hundreds of years

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude>>> Merkel has to be admitted to a mental hospital and kept for psychiatric observation and medicated. Some german should sign the commitment papers. I'll do the same thing for Obama, he's just as mentally incompetent.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
It's not so hard to believe, I mean, yes there is the sea level rises which will displace millions....but there is also places like Thailand and parts of Australia (just to name a couple) that can have temperatures reaching up to the late 40's C. You stick another couple of degrees on there and people are going to start shipping out.

And that's before the droughts.

(This is all based on the assumption that you believe in global warming.....personally I think we are about to head in the opposite direction)
edit on 4/11/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: mc_squared

I know some of you really believe you're pulling this charade off cool as a cucumber, or others just do it because they think being blindly ignorant to facts is trolling Liberals somehow. But I really wish you could see how sad and hopeless it looks to the rest of us standing on the sidelines.

i think it really comes down to lifestyle threat. people are willing to shed blood to maintain their way of life, is it so surprising that they welcome any excuse to attack the data indicating that they need to change how they live? or that suppressed fear is expressed in rude tirades against the people responsible for collecting and acting on it?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

What attack on what data?

I simply pointed out that Syria is part of the Fertile Crescent that is becoming unlivable due to the carelessness of grazing of goats and deforestration. This has been known a long long time!

The war in Syria is also well known.

The refugees from Syria are escaping war! Now what Angela Merkel talking about????

Are you so deep in worship at the alter of anthropogenic climate change that you are unable to recognize that not everything is due to climate change?

www.worldvision.org...

Why Syrians are fleeing: Three reasons

Violence: Since the Syrian civil war began, more than 240,000 people have been killed, including 12,000 children. One million more have been wounded or permanently disabled. The war has become more deadly since foreign powers joined the conflict.

Collapsed infrastructure: Within Syria, healthcare, education systems, and other infrastructure have been destroyed; the economy is shattered. An estimated 4.8 million people are in areas of Syria that are difficult to access because of the conflict. It’s hard for aid groups to reach them.

Children’s safety: Syrian children — the nation’s hope for a better future — have lost loved ones, suffered injuries, missed years of schooling, and witnessed violence and brutality. Warring parties forcibly recruit children to serve as fighters, human shields, and in support roles, according to the U.S. State Department.

Syria has been at war for four years now! WINTER is coming and they have no way of keeping warm (despite that excessive 0.85 degrees of warming that occurred in the last century)

What is the matter with you global warming zeolots - do you really think that EVERYTHING that happens in the world is due to global warming?

Have there never been war refugees prior to this entire century????? Were there war refugees prior to the 1970s???

Tired of Control Freaks

edit on 4-11-2015 by TiredofControlFreaks because: Removed my personal opinions from the text quote

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

What is the matter with you global warming zeolots - do you really think that EVERYTHING that happens in the world is due to global warming?

while overgrazing is an aggravating factor, the big one was/is the drought, which all data indicates is caused by climate change. conflict is usually sparked off by resource shortages or the imperative to acquire someone else's resources. the resource shortage in this case being the water vital to agriculture, and the cause of that shortage being a change in the local climate. between a burgeoning global population and the exponentially increasing shortage of natural resources, especially those that impact agriculture, we can expect to see more conflict and more refugees in the coming decades.

Have there never been war refugees prior to this entire century????? Were there war refugees prior to the 1970s???

sure, and those wars had their own chains of causation, but obviously those causes differ from the ones discussed in this thread.

edit on 4-11-2015 by ATODASO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The Syrian drought ended years ago

file:///C:/Users/miche_000/Downloads/2015-03-climate-syrian-war.pdf

"We're not saying the drought caused the war,"
said Richard Seager, a climate scientist at
Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth
Observatory who coauthored the study

That is YOUR Climate scientist speaking!!!!!

Causes of the Syrian War

www.bbc.com...

More than 250,000 Syrians have lost their lives in four-and-a-half years of armed conflict, which began with anti-government protests before escalating into a full-scale civil war. More than 11 million others have been forced from their homes as forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad and those opposed to his rule battle each other - as well as jihadist militants from Islamic State. This is the story of the civil war so far, in eight short chapters.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The Syrian drought ended years ago

while the drought officially ended in 2011, average precipitation never did recover to pre-2006 figures, dropping from 250 mm before the drought to 150 mm in the rainiest month (Sept.).

"We're not saying the drought caused the war,"
said Richard Seager, a climate scientist at
Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth
Observatory who coauthored the study

could you link the source of that quote for context? thanks, bud.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I already did

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

sorry I linked the downloaded .pdf

here is the link

phys.org...