It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most anoying sound in the world to you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Mine is when iam on the computer and my mom walks in to see what iam doing.anoying but not to much.BUT WHEN SOMEONE IS BEHIND ME AND EATING SOMETHING CRUCHY AND BREATHING HARD AT THE SAME TIME WHILE IAM ON THE COMPUTER that really gets to me...........
and also fat middle age women complaining
crying children (hate children)
metal against sandy concrete
knife rubbing on fork while eating a steak
and mexican women yelling at their children in public places
what yours?

[edit on 3-1-2005 by jangofett]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jangofett
Mine is when iam on the computer and my mom walks in to see what iam doing.anoying but not to much.BUT WHEN SOMEONE IS BEHIND ME AND EATING SOMETHING CRUCHY AND BREATHING HARD AT THE SAME TIME WHILE IAM ON THE COMPUTER that really gets to me...........

lmfao

that's a really amusing mental picture.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
My #1 is definitly the noise of a ringing phone in the moring (wether your asleep, half-asleep or been awake for hours, IT ANNOYS THE HELL OUTTA ME!)

#2 the noise of a hammer knocking on stuff (my father's been "repairing" multiples part of the house for about 6 months, and somehow he likes to do this very early in the morning. At sometime it was on the roof, right above my bedroom...) (an electrical saw is also very annoying to hear if ur trying to sleep)

#3 is a crying baby in public place, especially in a restaurant.

#4 My father makes this really annoying noise, when he's angry or just unpleased with something. It kinda sounds like when Marge Simpson is "growling"*. (*not sure if growling is the right word to express what I mean)

#5 The noise a drink makes when it's empty and all his left is ice.

#6 the noise of a car alarm system, either in the morning or in the evening, or in the middle of the night.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by m0rbid]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
- sound of a drill, any kind of drill... I can't stand it.

- car alarm in the middle of the night

- techno music

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
when my son starts his whining....omg its like nails on a chalkboard, nothing annoys me more than that first whine.

btw this is the whine he uses when he know he is in the wrong but still wants whatever it is he wants and he knows he's not going to get it.

I think he does it, just because he knows it pisses me off.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Nagging by far is the most anoying.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
-Any public servant (especially social workers) who speak to you arrogantly as if their time is very important.

-My step sons laugh and sound effects. He has a whimpering laugh like he has a lot of female hormones and he produces various sound effect like, popping, randomly tapping on things, a screeching "eeeeaaaaaakkkk" when he plays with the cat. OMG it is horrible.

-My step son walking. He bee-bops when he walks and wears heavy boots which shakes the entire floor with loud heavy footsteps.

-Cell phones ringing in the middle of the night.

-Cats crying.

-A co worker of mine who grunts when he thinks.

-Any cellphone ringtone that plays an entire song.

-Any car stereo that has bass loud enough to shake the world.

-Any mysterious noises that come from my car.

-Brooks & Dunn songs.

-The ambience of a lot of people talking in a cafeteria or resteraunt.

-People talking in a theater during a movie.

-Unexpected explosions when my neighbors let off gas balloons.

-Loud "Jake Brakes" in the middle of the night from semis.

-The tone of voice of Rush Limbaugh.

-Working in a mcahine shop; anyone who cuts metal at the wrong speed causing a high-pitched squeal from the cutting tool.

-the sound of hail.

-metal grommets on and clips on a flagpole rope striking the pole when it is windy.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
-People talking in a theater during a movie.

In my opinion, this is the most annoying thing in the world. Why do people go to a movie to talk for two m.f.'ing hours? Why do people have to repeat what the person on the screen just said?? Why do people get so jacked up for a funny movie that they laugh at everything, even if it's not funny???

People who talk loud enough for everyone to hear during a movie should be executed by the usher with a bullet to the temple.

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Simple,

That Godforsaken noise that balloons make when you rub them. I makes me roll on the floor in agony.....

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
1) My alarm clock
2) My ex's voice
3) People crunching ice cubes
4) People smacking their lips whilst eating
5) Gunshots at 3 a.m.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Simple,

That Godforsaken noise that balloons make when you rub them. I makes me roll on the floor in agony.....

lmao....

A few of mine:

The new email tone that rings on my boss' computer EVERY TIME he gets a new email...doodlyadeedadoo....doodlyadeedadoo...doodlyadeedadoo

People who smack their chewing gum....

Finger licking......Happens a lot down here in the south, what...with all the fried chicken and crystal hot sauce we have around here...

The hum of all the printers and copy machines mixed together.....

My father's voice when he gets irrate...

The sound my keyboard is making right now...

The slurred speach of a drunken fool....

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
What I hate the most is when styrofoam squeeks, jeez it makes me shiver. That can really torture me.

Other things are people smacking their gum and ringing phones.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
What I hate the most is when styrofoam squeeks, jeez it makes me shiver. That can really torture me.

Other things are people smacking their gum and ringing phones.

That styrofoam noise is pretty close to the balloon one. Damn that noise...damn it to hell. I have actually contemplated suicide once because of that noise. My GF was doing it on purpose because she knew it bothered me....it was awful....and I actually thought of running at a closed second floor window and diving through it. Thats messed up. AHHHH Sweat Death!

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

[edit on 3-1-2005 by jangofett]

Hmmm, just occurred to me, was someone doing just that while you typed it???

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

People who talk loud enough for everyone to hear during a movie should be executed by the usher with a bullet to the temple.

Peace

Ironic how you put the word "peace" after saying all that.

I just hate the sound of walking on snow that squeaks with every f***ing step.
I just heard a gunshot right out my window. Sounded like a shotgun. But I do live near the city border, and this is Wisconsin, so it's probably just hunters. Gunshots don't annoy me though, just kind of ironic how people are saying they hate gunshots and then I hear one...

And hearing my mom yell... *shiver*

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
cellphone ringtones. the "cute" ones.
Or the really long drawn-out songs..

My cell phone goes "ring-ring", thats it

it's a PHONE, and I am NOT interested in your favorite tune, ok?

oh, yeah and when you FINALLY ANSWER IT, go away, go outside and talk.
I am not interested in your pathetic life ok?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My mother's voice. It doesn't even matter what she is saying.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
How about those very few commercial toilets that must have 1,000,000 pounds of water pressure flushing them? They sound like a locomotive driving through a tornado.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

WHEN SOMEONE IS BEHIND ME AND EATING SOMETHING CRUCHY AND BREATHING HARD AT THE SAME TIME WHILE IAM ON THE COMPUTER

lol, years ago , my dad was playing chuckie egg on his dragon computer (this was a long time ago!) and he gave me a real ticking off because apparently I crunched my crisp too hard and made him mess up his game. I've never let him forget that!

The noise that I hate the most in the whole world is the noise that I've been getting in my right ear when I lay down at night. I've had to put up with that for about the last 17 years. It's a bit like a cross between a geiger counter and a cat purring, and drives me insane and sometimes makes me wanna :bnghd:

[edit on 4-1-2005 by pantha]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
1. The engaged signal that pervades the telephone line of a one-line household inhabited by an internet addict.

2. The authoritative tone of the teenage fashion guru.

3. George W Bush attempting to construct a sentence.

4. Unsupervised fangin' hoons.

top topics

join