It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up To 5,000 People Riot Near UC Berkeley Campus Overnight:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse
Maybe the damage in Ferguson and Baltimore was a direct response to the way the police treated EVERYONE and not just the few bad apples?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

So, what we actually have here isn't a "massive riot" at all; it's a large crowd on the streets, one case of property damage, three assaults (and nothing to relate the to the "rioting"), and maybe, maybe, some guy in costume with a fake axe, and this is supposed to show some sort of bias?? The pictures shown show a lot of people, but they aren't rioting, as far as we can see. They look like any busy night in the club area of the college town where we live. Lots of people, maybe an occasional incident, and mostly calm. Even the headline on that link is trying to push something that isn't there, in claiming "up to 5,000 people" were rioting. I suppose that "up to 5,000" cold include 3-4, right? This is nothing like the real rioting that has taken place in other areas.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Thank you for your signature, it means alot to me right now.

As for the rioters, makes me wonder what would have happened if some of the Syrian refugees had been there. Maybe the college kids will become our last great hope?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
One group of police officers in one city use force to quell large riots and they are in the wrong.

A completely different group of police officers in a different city use less force to quell a smaller riot and they are in the wrong.

Per usual, the police can never win.

edit on 3-11-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
One group of police officers in one city use force to quell large riots and they are in the wrong.

A completely different group of police officers in a different city use less force to quell a smaller riot and they are in the wrong.

Per usual, the police can never win.

No one said they were wrong, at least I did not, but in the reporting and the explanations were totally different and this is not the first time either, keep in mind the cops in one instance precipitated the riot.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
A bunch of college students mostly refusing to disperse, but mostly not being violent is a far cry from Destroying cars, burning down stores and shooting at cops. Show us the massive property destruction. Show us the threats to police, show us the gangs that are threatening to burn Berkley to the ground.

Apples meet Oranges

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
A bunch of college students mostly refusing to disperse, but mostly not being violent is a far cry from Destroying cars, burning down stores and shooting at cops. Show us the massive property destruction. Show us the threats to police, show us the gangs that are threatening to burn Berkley to the ground.

Apples meet Oranges

Not saying the the destruction wouldn't have happened but the Cops showed up and it did as I said the riots started after the Cops showed up not before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join