It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Is An Illusion Created By Our Consciousness, Says Quantum Physics

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
UniFinity:

than explain to us please how can some people share a dream? This can really happen, I have been witness to this myself. Or explain ghosts? Or shaolin monks who do amazing things. Or cases of reincarnation? There are many other cases to be made that there is deeper component to us apart from body and mind. You surely cannot deny all of them and be serious about such stance that all paranormal is just BS or how would you explain it?

Sharing a dream has nothing whatsoever to do with the idea of an afterlife, nor the attributes of Shaolin Monks. Ghosts and reincarnation cases are intriguing but none lead to the inescapable conclusion that consciousness continues after physical death. Answers to your suggestions are to be found during physical life (as opposed to alleged non-corporeal existence). It is important we exhaust all possible corporeal explanations before we automatically jump to post-mortem continuation. You need to answer two questions that hit right at the heart of the subject...a) the power source problem, and b) the cohesion problem. These are after you have solved the consciousness problem.

Until these questions are solved, choosing to believe in an afterlife is pretty much a redundant and irrational exercise.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

okey, we all have our opinions and I respectfully disagree with yours. I think that with meditation or drugs you can explain all of that stuff which you are asking at the end.

If we can share a dream, that would mean we are somehow outside of body while asleep, just like in death. So there is a major connection here, don't you agree? And ghost and shaolin monks are using the forces and principles which are not known to science, which points to something we are unaware scientifically. So how can we be so sure about what science says about death?

When a person is of the belief such as you based on material evidence, and you do not want to challenge, expand or research your beliefs on your own by exploring your mind, than you cannot say for sure, can you? You are just guessing, based on your knowledge from others or your own experience of the body/mind in the waking state. But we have dreaming and deep sleep state and states in between which can be all explored in deep meditation or with drugs!

Well I can without a doubt say we are not material, this is clear to all others spiritual folks who are regularly meditating, because we can experience many other things which are far away from the body and mind.
Death does not mean the end, it is just another step in the process. But that is not to say, that your persona or ego will transfer to your next life, that is not possible, each body and mind are unique material individuals. Everyone gets clean slate, but feelings and desires will stay with you forever until you clear them somehow.

This can all be experienced without a doubt.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: rajas
a reply to: Bedlam

Honest answer, has quantum physics been useful in any way ? No theoretical

Despite your sour grapes ignorance, over 1/4 of the US economy is based on the Reality that quantum reveals!
Are you using a computer?
The list is endless!
Don't resent what you don't understand, research it, or ignore it...
edit on 4-11-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Interesting topic.

A lot of the differing opinions on what death entails depend on what your definition of consciousness is. And if you believe in the notion of a soul which can exist fully independently of our physical body.

I don't believe in any particular religion, but neither am I an atheist - there are too many wondrous and unexplained things for me to accept that once we die, the screen goes black and that's it. I do believe we have a soul. I don't think it's anything divine or holy; I believe it's just a form of energy, and when we die that energy is transformed or moved elsewhere.

I have lots of questions about how it interacts with our physical brain/mind, how the soul is actually tethered to our body, and so on. Is the soul tethered to our brain? What construct allows something formless attach to something physical? If it's tethered to our brain ............. why the brain and not our big toe or belly button or whatever? If our brain stores memories in a physical medium of sorts, can the soul retain these memories and how does it do so once the body has died and the brain has decomposed? And if we have a soul, is it given to us when we're born or at the moment of conception? Who 'gives' it to us?

My theories about these things used to change often. For a long time now though, I've been sticking with a theory which makes a lot of sense to me; that our 'souls' aren't actually inside our bodies as such. Instead, think of our physical bodies as receptors, and the soul as existing elsewhere within a huge energy source somewhere along with all the other souls which have ever lived or will live. Our bodies simply transmit consciousness and memories back and forth to this source.

A simple analogy would be to compare it to television sets - they have all the hardware and physical parts needed to make them work but are essentially empty vessels until they receive a signal (by aerial, satellite, whatever) relayed from a central source. The signal is not generated within the television - it receives it from elsewhere. And whilst doing so, the television can record what it's receiving, store it, recall it, and so on.

If our bodies were essentially living aerials, this would answer a lot of my above questions. And with that perspective, death is just ............... switching off the television. The source still remains.
edit on 4-11-2015 by elgaz because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2015 by elgaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
isnt everything an illusion?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

DEATH IS AN ILLUSION CREATED BY OUR CONSCIOUSNESS, SAYS QUANTUM PHYSICS

"The study of consciousness has gained a huge amount of attention over the past decade as we begin to not only realize more about the true nature of our world, but as the growing desire to truly discover ourselves becomes something we can’t ignore any longer.

Quantum physics may have just proven that there is an afterlife. Scientist Robert Lanza claims that the theory of biocentrism teaches that death as we know it is an illusion created by our consciousness.
Professor Robert Lanza claims that life creates the universe, and not the other way around. Lanza is no newbie to controversy. He has been working with cloning and stem cell research for over a decade and with his new book Biocentrism, he is attracting even more controversy. While his ideas are ahead of their time, it doesn’t help that the current scientific community is very opposed to new ideas and change.

This means space and time doesn’t exist in the linear fashion we think it does and he uses the famous double-split experiment to illustrate his point. According to Lanzas study, if space and time aren’t linear, then death can’t exist in any real sense either. When it comes to these ideas, they are usually known on an intuitive level and later move towards being proven at a scientific level.

I personally feel that we give so much weight to our rational, objective left brained mind that we lose sight of a world that exists right alongside it. There is a whole other side to us and this world that we close ourselves off to in order to stay as scientific as possible. This is one of the greatest hindrances we can put ourselves through as one of the most powerful tools we have, our intuition/heart brain, is then cast aside. The same thinking that allows us to realize amazing scientific discoveries can also get us stuck in scientific delusions should we not stay open to change.

We are seeing this in a huge way as we look at the divides that are being created in the medical and scientific fields. Some are holding onto old ways, while others see what has been right in front of us the whole time, simply by thinking with more than just the mind (with the heart.) It’s important to note that although these ideas seem and are profound, they have been known for a long while but simply have not been accepted by current culture ( via truththeory.com )." copied. READ MORE:

www.disclose.tv... m_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Do you believe that death is an illusion created by our consciousness?

This makes sense to me, as I have always believe there is an after life. I had many experiences in my life and had contact from deceased love ones, and still do.

I believe the deep subconscious lies outside our bodies.

So ATSer's what your take that death is an illusion?

I was a firm believer of life after death. I still am in some ways.

I lost my mother last Thanksgiving and thought for sure I would have an experience, a contact, something... anything that might indicate that her sprit lived on in some form. I haven't experienced anything and it has made me question my entire belief system.

Maybe I am looking too hard.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

When Bedlam replies, it means i want an expert opinion on something else, he knows what im asking, so he gives me an answer of clarification. When you try to explain without the expertise, it ends up with a huge question mark.. The problem with quantum physics is when people like you try to grasp it, it becomes something made by your own selfinterest of questions looking for answers.

Bedlam gave me the answer like this;'

I assume you're using a computer to type that instead of the magic power of your mind, right?

The whole answer was in that simple line, when you try to explain it.. It becomes wrong again..

Thats why you ask an expert and not you

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Death is very real in the sense that the physical body stops funtioning but science is now catching up to metaphysics whereby we realize consciousness exists in layers and the body houses it in conscious awareness and that consciousness exists without the body.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jim Scott
I think there is enough evidence that reincarnation and "aliens" are about demonic forces. However, the spirit of man is made when he is in his mother's womb, and does not exist beforehand. That's in the Bible, at Zech 12:1.

I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Jeremiah 1:5

To me that means your spirit was alive before you were conceived.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
UniFinity:

I think that with meditation or drugs you can explain all of that stuff which you are asking at the end.

Your assumptions (throughout your post) are exactly just that...assumptions. Put simply, you don't know? We can agree on that...yes?

If we can share a dream, that would mean we are somehow outside of body while asleep...

Why you think that sharing a dream implies consciousness separating from the body is beyond me, there is no correlation to it. We could be imbued with latent attributes such as telepathy or psychokinesis, none of which pertain to an afterlife, or to disembodied consciousness. Your thinking is like the following...2+2 = 5. Not because you can't add, but because 5 seems to you to be the more self-evident, and more than likely the answer you hope for.

I've studied this subject for many years, and I am quite well-versed in it, both philosophically and scientifically. I never accept self-evidence. I know I could be wrong, I accept that possibility even while I carry the doubt and scepticism. I don't make claims of falsehoods to bolster my belief or non-belief, but I do ask the correct questions. There is not a single phenomenon that has been claimed to have been experienced that can factually attest to there being an afterlife, not one, but there is a history of literature that claims for an afterlife. In the end, they are only claims, and human beings, being human, lie and deceive, and fabricate, and embellish their personal experiences for both the gratification and comfort to the ego.

Only in the last few decades have we begun to understand the physical process of death, and how the body shuts down in a modular fashion, and not in one go, but each module dying at different rates and speeds. We still do not know how memory is laid down or how it is stored, but we do know that we do not need to be consciously aware for memory to be laid down and stored, only to be unconsciously recalled later (usually during sleep) as dream images as they get processed and integrated as life experience.

I still wrestle with a thought I have always carried, and that is...why the need for the brief existence of the 'entity' we each are if all that is going to happen to it is to be snuffed out at death? What purpose and point is there to it if it does not continue some form of cohesive and consciously aware existence after physical death? I can't give an answer to this question, but even so, I won't say that it 'must' survive death because 2+2=5. I absolutely refuse to delude myself.
edit on 4/11/15 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

This theory would seem to work in nicely with Morphic Resonnance. Good find!

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So when you stop breathing and your heart stops pumping blood to your organs, this is all just an elaborate hoax... Right?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

well I obviously I don't have the answers to what happens after death from experience. Although I have read many explanations from the past masters and I think they are right. I have had few OBEs and I know that things are not as they seem. And a lot of ancient spiritual people have explained our energy bodies, prana, and much, much more and when you get into deep meditation you CAN really experience those things. There is no doubt about that for me. And more you are devoted and faithful in your own being more things you can experience. So the knowledge about death and even previous life are all stored somewhere, we just have to get to it with practice or so the masters say.

So far, the people in the past are more knowledgeable as we are in certain fields. They knew many more universal truths and not just material truths as we do by science. I have learned through my journey that I do not know anything and all is open for experience without expectation. This is most important, all else is blind faith or belief and people in the past excelled at the universal truths, maybe because they did not posses various technological toys for wasting time and laziness.

Many say they have researched it for many years and have concluded similar as you. But did you try to research yourself deeply enough with meditation or even drugs (not advised but can be a great eye opener). Answers lie within where personal experience can happen and not without.

Good point about the shared dream, I agree with it. But I certainly do not agree with your conclusion, because I had OBEs and know for myself that our real self is not local to the body.

Many others like you are denying self evidence which can be obtained through various methods. While the other side do not doubt this and try to figure it out from within. This is I feel, the main difference from what I read here on ATS.

But hey, nothing wrong with that! What matters is love and compassion. So to anyone who can manifest this truly in their life I congratulate with my full heart!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Regarding reincarnation, i used to be a firm believer until i read some book " cant recall now which book " that we are a creation of both of our parents souls not just their DNA. It just clicked to me as being true, it just felt it was the truth. Knowing that now im kinda doubtful about reincarnation and searching further for answers.

Because in my mind if we' are a creation of both our parents souls "half dad & half mum how does reincarnation fit in? How can we be reborn if we are created by half of both parents? To parents "family"we are being born into?
edit on 4-11-2015 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Death is very real in the sense that the physical body stops funtioning but science is now catching up to metaphysics whereby we realize consciousness exists in layers and the body houses it in conscious awareness and that consciousness exists without the body.

I agree.

I believe there are many layers to our consciousness.

I have read somewhere that the deep consciousness has some kind of energy string attached to it which connects to all the other consciousness of the living.

Have you heard of that before?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

I was a firm believer of life after death. I still am in some ways.

I lost my mother last Thanksgiving and thought for sure I would have an experience, a contact, something... anything that might indicate that her sprit lived on in some form. I haven't experienced anything and it has made me question my entire belief system.

Maybe I am looking too hard.

I am an empath, I pick up people energies, good and bad all the time.

I had to learn to live with this gift and it is not easy, in fact it drains me sometime to point that I have to remove myself away from crowds.

Spirits do come to me often and some times I see Spirits around people. However I lost a partner of 20 years 5 years ago and I have had no contact since he died.

A close friend of mind who goes to physics school in Fl, in Orlando, is really gifted and she has had contact with my deceased partner several times.

In fact my deceased partner gave her a messaged for me and some very personal information that my fiend could have never known.

But as gifted as I am, I had no contact with my deceased partner, I cant explain that. Yet, I have had many deceased people contact me and tell me personal things.

I can assure you your mom is doing wonderfully and I am sure she is with you at times.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MegaSpace

I would not agree that the soul or spirit is inherited like the physical aspects of your body. Spirits being unique, and on separate journeys of enlightenment. There would be no advantage of souls merging, as each is on a separate unique quest. If one of your parents was much more experienced and enlightened and the other was newer or severely deficit, then in your version the resulting spirit would be set back, for a reason that had nothing to do with it's evolution to perfect itself.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: rajas

Yeah, whatever...
If you don't like my peaches, junior, don't shake my tree.
When I write, it is for those capable of understanding, obviously, not 'you'.
So, continue to resent what you cannot understand.
With a low enough IQ, it becomes de-rigeur (look it up)!
So, bye, bye...

edit on 5-11-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Great thread, I would like to introduce a brilliant video on Life after Death by a Doctor who worked in the field.
I hope you enjoy, this video put a lot of loose ends together in my enlightenment.
Enjoy

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

You are not enlightened, ive came across all to many like you who uses anything to fill those gaps within their little universe and creates a reality that makes no sense to anyone but those who are in it and calls themselves enlightened. You Create a lie to fit a self interest of purpose and meaning. Its called the perimeter of ignorance (look it up!)

If you think you are smart, most people do within their own little world. But fact is, you know very little outside of your imagination.

So if i think im smart in your universe, id probably say, no, but id bet you, your mind would crack in mine.
When i ask Bedlam or any person with a higher IQ, its because i lack the understanding and i wont read 3000 pages of nothing just to deduct it into a single line of knowledge, while you think knowledge is all the 3000 pages and you will never understand.

I ask Bedlam, cause he is smart and an asshole. Now go and look for Buddha maybe a friendly gesture is enlightening for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join