It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Is An Illusion Created By Our Consciousness, Says Quantum Physics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Next up....Quantum physics proves taxes do not exist.

Actually, quantum physics prove death and taxes are entangled forever.

I believe death is a real physical event, a transformation, if you will - purely a natural following the physical laws of nature.
edit on 3-11-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

DEATH IS AN ILLUSION CREATED BY OUR CONSCIOUSNESS, SAYS QUANTUM PHYSICS

"The study of consciousness has gained a huge amount of attention over the past decade as we begin to not only realize more about the true nature of our world, but as the growing desire to truly discover ourselves becomes something we can’t ignore any longer.

Quantum physics may have just proven that there is an afterlife. Scientist Robert Lanza claims that the theory of biocentrism teaches that death as we know it is an illusion created by our consciousness.
Professor Robert Lanza claims that life creates the universe, and not the other way around. Lanza is no newbie to controversy. He has been working with cloning and stem cell research for over a decade and with his new book Biocentrism, he is attracting even more controversy. While his ideas are ahead of their time, it doesn’t help that the current scientific community is very opposed to new ideas and change.

This means space and time doesn’t exist in the linear fashion we think it does and he uses the famous double-split experiment to illustrate his point. According to Lanzas study, if space and time aren’t linear, then death can’t exist in any real sense either. When it comes to these ideas, they are usually known on an intuitive level and later move towards being proven at a scientific level.

I personally feel that we give so much weight to our rational, objective left brained mind that we lose sight of a world that exists right alongside it. There is a whole other side to us and this world that we close ourselves off to in order to stay as scientific as possible. This is one of the greatest hindrances we can put ourselves through as one of the most powerful tools we have, our intuition/heart brain, is then cast aside. The same thinking that allows us to realize amazing scientific discoveries can also get us stuck in scientific delusions should we not stay open to change.

We are seeing this in a huge way as we look at the divides that are being created in the medical and scientific fields. Some are holding onto old ways, while others see what has been right in front of us the whole time, simply by thinking with more than just the mind (with the heart.) It’s important to note that although these ideas seem and are profound, they have been known for a long while but simply have not been accepted by current culture ( via truththeory.com )." copied. READ MORE:

www.disclose.tv... m_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Do you believe that death is an illusion created by our consciousness?

This makes sense to me, as I have always believe there is an after life. I had many experiences in my life and had contact from deceased love ones, and still do.

I believe the deep subconscious lies outside our bodies.

So ATSer's what your take that death is an illusion?

Well considering the premise of Roberts book 'Biocentrism' is that consciousness creates the universe and not the other way around (or at least that's how I read the book to be)... I would say yes, death could possibly be classed as an illusion.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: spirit_horse

Completely different circumstances but when I left my body I thought my body couldn't breathe if I wasn't in there which scared me back into my body. I can relate to what you're saying.

I was 17 when I found myself becoming critically aware in a dream like state, and then thought "Hey! wth! I'm awake! but it was my spirit there in my house, and that scared me real bad and caused that panic feeling and I immediately returned upstairs to my room and saw my body then my spirit did an automatic Mobius like flip pivoting around and entered back into my body, and all of this automatic and not controllable or stoppable, and I could feel the weight of myself sinking back into the bed, and then immediately sitting bolt upright in bed.

Is this what you experienced as well? It is a real eye opener no matter what a persons philosophy might be at the time. Of course no one believed me when I told them about it, but that was back in the 70's..

After this I could not do it again, but I never tried to before or after. When it happened it was natural I think, except for one thing. What actually intensified my panic when I became aware was thinking I sensed some entity of unknown nature whispering to me "don't be afraid" Which of course sent my panic into super panic haha..

The human spirit is definitely real and not wishful thinking as some think.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gunsmoke38
(If space and time aren’t linear, then death can’t exist in any real sense either.)

Then can life?

If life creates everything else...it has to exist.

Thing is..if all this 'reality is what we think' malarkey is actually true, why doesn't my multi-million £ mansion on my private tropical island, with luxury yacht and helicopter ever materialise?

I'm thinking about it now, but nothing so far!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: spirit_horse

Completely different circumstances but when I left my body I thought my body couldn't breathe if I wasn't in there which scared me back into my body. I can relate to what you're saying.

I was 17 when I found myself becoming critically aware in a dream like state, and then thought "Hey! wth! I'm awake! but it was my spirit there in my house, and that scared me real bad and caused that panic feeling and I immediately returned upstairs to my room and saw my body then my spirit did an automatic Mobius like flip pivoting around and entered back into my body, and all of this automatic and not controllable or stoppable, and I could feel the weight of myself sinking back into the bed, and then immediately sitting bolt upright in bed.

Is this what you experienced as well? It is a real eye opener no matter what a persons philosophy might be at the time. Of course no one believed me when I told them about it, but that was back in the 70's..

After this I could not do it again, but I never tried to before or after. When it happened it was natural I think, except for one thing. What actually intensified my panic when I became aware was thinking I sensed some entity of unknown nature whispering to me "don't be afraid" Which of course sent my panic into super panic haha..

The human spirit is definitely real and not wishful thinking as some think.

Honestly, one minute I was sitting among friends and I turned my head, only it (I) didn't stop spinning. It was almost as if the motion of spinning caused me to rise above my body and those around me. As I looked down to see me and everyone else I started flipping and spinning (tumbling perhaps) until the realization that if I was here than what's happening to my body? Can it breathe? Am I dead? I panicked and jerk my head to the right and I see my friend to the right of me, back in my body. Wow.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: rajas
a reply to: Bedlam

Honest answer, has quantum physics been useful in any way ? No theoretical

I assume you're using a computer to type that instead of the magic power of your mind, right?

Well i believe the consciousness is a mixture of chemicals. The "imagination", well if we use the term quantum physics for it, i have no answer. Was quantum physics used correctly here? Well, yes it was.

Thank you yet again

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I agree with this. You can't experience non-awareness, you could slip into a coma for 30 years then wake up and feel like you just closed your eyes.

Your death is only an illusion for those who are left behind to see your body. You on the other hand will wake up somewhere else like you never went to sleep.

Sleep is a fractal of death, except after death you are put into a new body instead of the same one.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Well i believe the consciousness is a mixture of chemicals.

Which is sort of a non-sequitur response to "has quantum physics ever been used for anything practical".

There's all sorts of uses you run into every day. Semiconductor physics is a very obvious one. Everything you have with semiconductors in is an example for you. There are more, but that's pretty dang pervasive.

But, to address your non-sequitur, physical chemistry also requires quantum physics.
edit on 3-11-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Sages have been cramming this knowledge down our throats for thousands of years but now since someone with a scientific background says so suddenly people start paying attention. The immense ignorance of modern people is unbelievable.

Death is an illusion and you can personally validate and experience the next life here and now by dedicating time to meditation, self analysis, contemplation and discipline. But I must warn you, having such experiences may transform you into a loving compassionate human being, or a spiritual nut job as most of you see them.

Now lets see if these scientists "discover" meditative trance and our oneness with the all mind.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Well i believe the consciousness is a mixture of chemicals.

Which is sort of a non-sequitur response to "has quantum physics ever been used for anything practical".

There's all sorts of uses you run into every day. Semiconductor physics is a very obvious one. Everything you have with semiconductors in is an example for you. There are more, but that's pretty dang pervasive.

But, to address your non-sequitur, physical chemistry also requires quantum physics.

yes, i missed the point with quantum physics when i read to many useless articles about nothing.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I see that Lanza is a favorite of Deepak Chopra. There you go.

Found this on Deepak Chopra's Wiki page:

Consciousness Chopra speaks and writes regularly about metaphysics, the study of consciousness and Vedanta philosophy. He is a philosophical idealist, arguing for the primacy of consciousness over matter and for purpose and intelligence in nature – that mind, or "dynamically active consciousness", is a fundamental feature of the universe.[73] In this view, consciousness is both subject and object.[74]

It is consciousness, he writes, that creates reality; we are not "physical machines that have somehow learned to think...[but] thoughts that have learned to create a physical machine".[75] He argues that the evolution of species is the evolution of consciousness seeking to express itself as multiple observers; the universe experiences itself through our brains: "We are the eyes of the universe looking at itself".[76]

He has been quoted as saying "Charles Darwin was wrong. Consciousness is key to evolution and we will soon prove that."[77] He opposes reductionist thinking in science and medicine, arguing that we can trace the physical structure of the body down to the molecular level and still have no explanation for beliefs, desires, memory and creativity.[78]

In his book Quantum Healing, Chopra stated the conclusion that quantum entanglement links everything in the Universe, and therefore it must create consciousness.[79]

Robert Lanza's theory aligns with Chopra's beliefs on consciousness very well. Thanks for pointing that out Bedlam

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Robert Lanza's theory aligns with Chopra's beliefs on consciousness very well. Thanks for pointing that out Bedlam

And Chopra has all the veracity of Lanza, too. They're a perfect pair.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
If that is true then life is also ''An Illusion Created By Our Consciousness''.

We try to find out about death which is normal for humans to try and explain their inner insecurities

But has anyone explained what is life and why we have consciousness to begin with?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

Seeing as how everything we see is virtually empty space, I'd have to say that yeah, life is an illusion as well.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The big question is who is running the show? Whhere do we go next? Will our next lives be upgrades?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

this is one way looking at it:

“If you want to know your past life, look at your present condition.
If you want to know your future life, look at your present actions.”
― Padmasambhava

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Death is only as real as the life that comes before it.
edit on 3-11-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
As i understand it, "time and space aren't linear" doesn't imply dead is not real at all. Our lives are linear this is proven endless billions of times, it begins with birth it ends with death.
Dreams are not the same like dying, similiar the "little brother" maybe.
It's dangerous because it devaluates life and living beings.
There is only one for each of us, in this space and time.
edit on 3-11-2015 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula
If that is true then life is also ''An Illusion Created By Our Consciousness''.

We try to find out about death which is normal for humans to try and explain their inner insecurities

But has anyone explained what is life and why we have consciousness to begin with?

You'd need to come up with a new definition of "illusion".

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

this is one way looking at it:

“If you want to know your past life, look at your present condition.
If you want to know your future life, look at your present actions.”
― Padmasambhava

If you want to know your past look at the things you gravitate to like what kind of dungeons and dragons character would you like. . . . .

If you want to know about your present. . . . Trust me its a lame existence from start to finish.

If you want to know your future look at the kind of comic book superhuman character you would make. . . . .

-FOTL
edit on 3-11-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join