It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Is An Illusion Created By Our Consciousness, Says Quantum Physics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
DEATH IS AN ILLUSION CREATED BY OUR CONSCIOUSNESS, SAYS QUANTUM PHYSICS

"The study of consciousness has gained a huge amount of attention over the past decade as we begin to not only realize more about the true nature of our world, but as the growing desire to truly discover ourselves becomes something we can’t ignore any longer.

Quantum physics may have just proven that there is an afterlife. Scientist Robert Lanza claims that the theory of biocentrism teaches that death as we know it is an illusion created by our consciousness.
Professor Robert Lanza claims that life creates the universe, and not the other way around. Lanza is no newbie to controversy. He has been working with cloning and stem cell research for over a decade and with his new book Biocentrism, he is attracting even more controversy. While his ideas are ahead of their time, it doesn’t help that the current scientific community is very opposed to new ideas and change.

This means space and time doesn’t exist in the linear fashion we think it does and he uses the famous double-split experiment to illustrate his point. According to Lanzas study, if space and time aren’t linear, then death can’t exist in any real sense either. When it comes to these ideas, they are usually known on an intuitive level and later move towards being proven at a scientific level.

I personally feel that we give so much weight to our rational, objective left brained mind that we lose sight of a world that exists right alongside it. There is a whole other side to us and this world that we close ourselves off to in order to stay as scientific as possible. This is one of the greatest hindrances we can put ourselves through as one of the most powerful tools we have, our intuition/heart brain, is then cast aside. The same thinking that allows us to realize amazing scientific discoveries can also get us stuck in scientific delusions should we not stay open to change.

We are seeing this in a huge way as we look at the divides that are being created in the medical and scientific fields. Some are holding onto old ways, while others see what has been right in front of us the whole time, simply by thinking with more than just the mind (with the heart.) It’s important to note that although these ideas seem and are profound, they have been known for a long while but simply have not been accepted by current culture ( via truththeory.com )." copied. READ MORE:

www.disclose.tv... m_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Do you believe that death is an illusion created by our consciousness?

This makes sense to me, as I have always believe there is an after life. I had many experiences in my life and had contact from deceased love ones, and still do.

I believe the deep subconscious lies outside our bodies.

So ATSer's what your take that death is an illusion?
edit on 11/3/2015 by semperfortis because: Corrected all CAPS

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I hate quantum physics so bad, it gives every psycho with a degree a tool to work with.

Professor Robert Lanza claims that life creates the universe, and not the other way around.

Absolutely, life creates our Universe. When we die are we still alive in our Universe or does the universe die with us.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I think it is one possibility.
Though I don't buy that "quantum physics says" it, or that there is any scientific evidence for it.
Youtube is full of poppycock.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I see that Lanza is a favorite of Deepak Chopra. There you go.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Honest answer, has quantum physics been useful in any way ? No theoretical

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
(If space and time aren’t linear, then death can’t exist in any real sense either.)

Then can life?

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I absolutely feel that we do not die. I have died twice already and was brought back. There is no scientific explanation that can explain certain things experienced in death, no matter how hard they try. However, death occurs, but not to what I call our energy being or spirit. As the law of conservation of energy in physics states, energy can be neither created nor destroyed, only transformed, if I recall that correctly. I did not feel my death, but was instantly out of my body and out of this atmosphere in a microsecond. I remember that during all my experiences I realized my body was back on Earth and dying. It freaked me out a bit.

I read a book once that talked about our physical body just being a container of sorts for our spirit. I believe this is close to correct. We may go through an experience of death, but our consciousness does not die and goes on. I gave up long ago trying to convince people that do not believe it as it isn't worth the time. They will all know relatively soon. It did one thing for me though. I do not fear death anymore, as I know it doesn't mean the end. However, I remain concerned as to what happens in the long term. I do not want to struggle through life after life after life. My experience for the short term was all suffering was removed. No pain, no feelings of cold nor hot, hungry or anything. I was connected to everything in the universe. I explain it as being part of the 'All'. Funny, that sounds like being part of the borg now that I think about it, but it was more being connected to an energy field that was connected to everything in existence. I became aware of everything and connected to such a massive amount of data that it was overwhelming.

In the end, I did not spend enough time on the other side to figure out what exactly this universal consciousness was, but it exists nonetheless. It wouldn't matter if I wrote a book about it though because people either believe through personal experience, faith, or they don't. It isn't my position to convince the unwashed masses that they go on living after their body dies. I will say that some tools to handle this experience may help people and those in denial may really have a hard shock coming when they realize how wrong they have been during the stay on Earth. But, like it or not, they will go on just like the rest of us. And I am not sure how the physical comes about from the conscious. Perhaps it is the universal consciousness that provides the physical reality. I don't see the individual having that ability which may be part of why individuals have a hard time with the concept. In other words, it is much, much bigger than they could ever fathom.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: rajas

When we die are we still alive in our Universe or does the universe die with us.

I believe yes, the universe dies with us, at lease the physical reality of it. I believe we automatically go to the next dimension, and our consciousness is fully awake and aware.

Only the body dies, not our consciousness. However this is only my opinion.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I somehow always imagine the universe recycling everything, not wasting time and energy - also your consciousness. Nothing can just perish.

The universe is all about creating life, maintaining it, nourish it.

Thanks for this, always fascinating to think about.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

this is a great guess and correct one too! What you labelled next dimension, it is known as astral plain or the bardo in spiritual context.

Ancient people have known this for a fact thousands of years ago.
Also Buddhist, Taoism, Hinduism, Zen are one of the major "religions" which are based around conciousness and individual progress in that field.
Tibetan Buddhist have for an example thousands of years of research written down, although it is not scientific per se. But their knowledge is a problem-solution based religion which consists of various meditation and philosophical learnings about real human nature. They have passed it from master to master for generations and they expand it by real experience and practices even today since ages ago.

This is science for them!

I am glad our science is finally catching up and I wish people in general will catch up also! I read a lot about quantum physic and it is most amazing field to be observing today. A lot of various different theories, opinions and questions are surfacing with new experiments. And it is good that people are taking more about it.
edit on 14465399581139November3911393015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

DEATH IS AN ILLUSION CREATED BY OUR CONSCIOUSNESS, SAYS QUANTUM PHYSICS

"The study of consciousness has gained a huge amount of attention over the past decade as we begin to not only realize more about the true nature of our world, but as the growing desire to truly discover ourselves becomes something we can’t ignore any longer.

Quantum physics may have just proven that there is an afterlife. Scientist Robert Lanza claims that the theory of biocentrism teaches that death as we know it is an illusion created by our consciousness.
Professor Robert Lanza claims that life creates the universe, and not the other way around. Lanza is no newbie to controversy. He has been working with cloning and stem cell research for over a decade and with his new book Biocentrism, he is attracting even more controversy. While his ideas are ahead of their time, it doesn’t help that the current scientific community is very opposed to new ideas and change.

This means space and time doesn’t exist in the linear fashion we think it does and he uses the famous double-split experiment to illustrate his point. According to Lanzas study, if space and time aren’t linear, then death can’t exist in any real sense either. When it comes to these ideas, they are usually known on an intuitive level and later move towards being proven at a scientific level.

I personally feel that we give so much weight to our rational, objective left brained mind that we lose sight of a world that exists right alongside it. There is a whole other side to us and this world that we close ourselves off to in order to stay as scientific as possible. This is one of the greatest hindrances we can put ourselves through as one of the most powerful tools we have, our intuition/heart brain, is then cast aside. The same thinking that allows us to realize amazing scientific discoveries can also get us stuck in scientific delusions should we not stay open to change.

We are seeing this in a huge way as we look at the divides that are being created in the medical and scientific fields. Some are holding onto old ways, while others see what has been right in front of us the whole time, simply by thinking with more than just the mind (with the heart.) It’s important to note that although these ideas seem and are profound, they have been known for a long while but simply have not been accepted by current culture ( via truththeory.com )." copied. READ MORE:

www.disclose.tv... m_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Do you believe that death is an illusion created by our consciousness?

This makes sense to me, as I have always believe there is an after life. I had many experiences in my life and had contact from deceased love ones, and still do.

I believe the deep subconscious lies outside our bodies.

So ATSer's what your take that death is an illusion?

The human soul lives virtually for ever, only the human body lives and dies. There are plently of cases of reincarnation, out of the body expereinces etc on the net.

Every good christen beleives in life after death too because we are told all the time arn't we, that when our bodies die, we the human being that was inside the body, the soul, we either go to heaven or hell so I dont see what the fuss is about.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Oh man, if only my great grandparents knew this!

Btw CAPS LOCK ALERT!!'

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I think there is enough evidence that reincarnation and "aliens" are about demonic forces. However, the spirit of man is made when he is in his mother's womb, and does not exist beforehand. That's in the Bible, at Zech 12:1.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: rajas
a reply to: Bedlam

Honest answer, has quantum physics been useful in any way ? No theoretical

I assume you're using a computer to type that instead of the magic power of your mind, right?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I remember hearing a recorded electronic voice phenomenon a couple years ago that replied to some ghost hunter asking a spirit if it knew that it was dead, and it replied "I don't feel dead".

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Of course it is...

This life is all we know... what's next is beyond us

Its certainly not the end... pretty much all religions teach that

Good video btw... wheres part 2?

edit on 3-11-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

What a great thread. I was just researching this topic recently. My belief is not an afterlife in the traditional sense of the word. For years I've always believed the fact that you are conscious means you are in essence, immortal.

Consciousness cannot experience not existing and time isn't as straightforward as first thought so therefore the fact you are aware means you will always be aware.

I believe in the quantum suicide / immortality theory whereby if you were in a room with a loaded gun and another person, then put that gun to your head, pulled the trigger. From your point of view the gun would click forever, seemingly broken with your friend screaming at you for being an idiot but from your friends perspective you've just committed suicide.

Two events were created. A place where you are dead and a place where you survived, this is a thought experiment along the lines of Schrödinger's cat. So, when you die or are killed your consciousness instantly transfers to a reality which is as near to exact as the one you were previously in.

What about dying of old age? You enter a reality where death and aging has been 'cured', a utopia, a 'heaven' of sorts.

This theory truly resonates with me as I have always thought this yet it is only in the past year or so I realised that it was an actual theory.

Anyway just my input.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Next up....Quantum physics proves taxes do not exist.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Completely different circumstances but when I left my body I thought my body couldn't breathe if I wasn't in there which scared me back into my body. I can relate to what you're saying.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

I was glad to read you retained you're 'you' whilst having died. That in itself and what you remember is fascinating but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I worked as a clinical hypnotherapist and regression is a normal tool which provides good insights into things - basically that people can't explain to themselves or why certain behaviour/coping mechanisms click in before they have time to even think. (I don't mean the automatic actions such as pushing someone out of the way of an oncoming car, just the dealing with everyday situations.

When you regress someone back through past lives its always them, regardless of the body, time or place.

I have also always had an instinctual feeling that life and us power the universe. Sheldrake's morphic resonance talks of our putting up energy around our planet that affects what happens on it. (I read this decades ago when he first presented his theory and it made me wonder how far out our energy could 'tilt the windmill'.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join