It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Cuts UK

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Late seventies to mid eighties, on and off.

From what you've said another hidden camera documentary is required.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: gps777
originally posted by: bastion

No the spending cuts were announced years ago, including the £12bn cuts in welfare - this cut has nothing to so whatsoever with welfare or refugees, it's purely a government intent on privatising everything and giving tax cuts to the richest 5%.

The police are more and more being replaced by private firms such as G4S as for some crazy reason the government think turning everything 'for profit' will magically make things better.

Wow ok, privatizing ones police force and 12bn cut to welfare sounds fraught to bring big problems as it takes effect.

Best of luck over there.

No one is "privatising" the Police - it's left-wing drivel that has been peddled since 2010 when the Government realised they needed to make savings.

5 years on and we're nowhere nearer the total chaos and anarchy predicted by those very same people who bleet about "privatisation".

It's the very same people who will whine about "tax cuts for the rich" when in actual fact, the lowest earners have also had substantial tax cuts in the form of higher personal allowances - it's middle earners like me who foot the bill for most things. I pay more tax than my partner earns in total.

Bottom line is, despite all the dire warnings and predictions of the nation falling apart, crime is falling. Perhaps, if the Police wanted to maintain manpower, they could all get out of their cars and actual walk the beat, instead of driving around burning (expensive) fuel in their £60k+ high performance cars. That would save a fortune.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
I have been burgled 4 times this year for the first time in my life. The government needs to sort this s**t out because the criminals are already taking advantage of the situation.

The moment we let the government start squeezing the members of society least able to fight back we brought all this on ourselves.

When have the Police ever been able to stop burglaries? By their nature, they often done while no-one is around only to find out after the fact.

Perhaps, if you have actually been burgled 4 times, you should invest in an alarm system? That would alert neighbours (or even you - get a smart one that alerts you remotely) who can then notify the Police to respond. I'm sorry, but simply getting burgled once would be enough for me to overhaul my security - 4 times? You've dropped the ball there.
edit on 10/11/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I've been burgled twice in 20 odd years. First one I caught in the act when I came home, gave him a savage beating and let him go without bothering to call the police. Second one I was home at the time and stabbed him through the shoulder with a kitchen knife.
I had to call the police and ambulance for that one, even tended his wound with a towel while waiting for them to arrive.
The cops didn't care, didn't even caution me, he was a repeat offender and hoped it would teach him a better lesson than a pathetic fine payed off at £5 per week.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Good man

Thankfully I've never been burgled myself, but I've had family members who have. It is nearly always repeat offenders doing most of it. Where I live (Wokingham) burglaries dropped by 45% with the imprisonment of 1 person!

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Devon & Cornwall Constabulary have always been excellent interpreting 'reasonable force' in all my dealings with them. I've mentioned before it is one of the most poorly funded police area in the UK, but is the largest in geographical area so our cops are thinly spread.

A neighbour had a violent ex stalking her badly a couple of years ago, he'd beaten her up a few times and she was too scared to go witness against him even though the police encouraged her to do it.
I got sick of it and really wanted to use my own justice to deter the guy from stalking her so I contacted the officer dealing with her case wanting clarification regarding such an incident, and the cop called round to my home.

I paraphrase, but basically the cop said he knows full well that I'm the quickest line of defence for the neighbour and by the time they get there it'll probably all be over, so if I see the need to intervene and need to use 'violent force' to protect her then just don't be stamping on his head causing brain damage after you've put him down. He thanked me and wished me good luck dealing with the problem, adding none of us are gonna nick you if he gets a bit of a beating, just don't go too far.
The problem did get resolved, just nice to have the backing of local plod when communities deal with their own problems.

I could share loads of similar stories because our vastly outnumbered, underfunded and overstretched police know they have to work with communities here. I can't imagine being scared of police like we read from the US, seems really alien to me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join