It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrageous HSBC Settlement Proves the Drug War is a Joke

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Something like this you mean?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Lebanon charges Saudi prince with drug smuggling

Lebanon charges Saudi prince over two tonne drug haul

I'm actually leaning toward the conspiracy that he was setup. Not that he wasn't willingly smuggling drugs, but that he either didn't pay the "right" people to hide it or tried to go outside of the "accepted" methods for smuggling this stuff.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yes...that visual pretty much sums it up

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I'm sure you're familiar with the Bush Drug Empire??? His offshore Oil Rigs made a sweet gateway for drug smuggling for the CIA for a very long time. Probably still going for all I know.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I know...your neighbor gets 5 years in jail for minor drug charges, but HSBC launders serious cash, so much cash the bank teller windows had to be expanded, and they get off scott free:

The US department of justice said HSBC had moved $881m for two drug cartels in Mexico and Colombia and accepted $15bn in unexplained "bulk cash", across the bank's counters in Mexico, Russia and other countries. In some branches the boxes of cash being deposited were so big the tellers' windows had to be enlarged.

The Guardian

This is how I feel reading that:

edit on 3-11-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Thx for finding that ...

There was very little info on those sites....i will hazard a guess that the prince will will be free to get another one of his jets and go back and get more...yes i know i am a pessimist

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Screwed up isnt it ....

Whats worse is that is information that is available...what the numbers actually are i am sure would just be mind boggling

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Even better is the US authorities response:

The US authorities said HSBC did not face criminal charges because the bank was too big to prosecute and no individuals were implicated.

The Guardian

So I guess it's that "to big..." excuse again. It turns out all the folks that were running the show during all the drug money laundering have all "left" HSBC before this all broke. How convenient, eh? They all left between 2006-2010. Sounds to me like they knew their little scam would eventually implicate them.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I'm sure you're familiar with the Bush Drug Empire??? His offshore Oil Rigs made a sweet gateway for drug smuggling for the CIA for a very long time. Probably still going for all I know.

That and how the Clinton's helped Reagan's CIA smuggle tons of coc aine into Arkansas through the Mena airport (Bill was Governor of Arkansas at the time). That crap & the resulting crack epidemic literally crushed Little Rock's inner cities. Then they turn around & pretend they're "champions" of minority communities.

I keep trying to tell people it's not the poor people who should be targeted in the Drug War. Surely they can't think poor people with no passports, no 2nd languages, and no money could somehow ship billions of dollars worth of drugs across the world? They'd have to get their goods through all of those countries' customs & port security, negotiate the deals in multiple languages, and coordinate thousands of payments all in real time.

Poor people are just the scapegoats to give the illusion of justice. The sad thing is much of the public knows or suspects this, but ignores it. And politicians from both major parties refuse to touch it.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

No worries. It could always be because of a rivalry between him & some of the other royals (basically a turf war). I believe there's more than 1,000 princes in Saudi Arabia, so it's hard for outsiders like myself to keep up with them.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

It's all part of keeping their reality tunnel functioning. Having to accept the truth of reality is hard on the mind. It's much easier to just make believe instead. That is probably the most powerful influence the real evil people of this world have over everyone. The power of willful ignorance of what is really happening. They know that no sane person want's to know or see what is happening because it is so awful and they know that most people will believe anything rather than see it.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
When you think about it, the "War on Drugs" is quite brilliant. I could see this line of thinking going down...

"Wait, so you're telling me that on top of the money we're making by supporting cartels, importing and selling drugs -- we can fund other areas of the government with taxpayer money by declaring a war on ourselves?"

It's like double dipping. Make money on the drugs when you import/sell them -- get taxpayer money to take the drugs back. I mean, you just can't make up how diabolically brilliant this whole thing is.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Double Post!

Now that I think about it ... if you were a department head in a compartmentalized organization like the CIA, what better way to fund your own "off the books" private operations than drug money?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

"Poor people are just the scapegoats to give the illusion of justice. The sad thing is much of the public knows or suspects this, but ignores it. And politicians from both major parties refuse to touch it."

Bernie Sander's is "touching it".....
edit on 3-11-2015 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

My post was fine, shared the link and my opinion. Got pulled for no reason and no reply from mods

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

So that's how it is, petty drug possession charges result in some serious consequences. But if your a hardcore drug launderer, then its apparently no big deal!

Cartels pay off legislators to keep drugs illegal.

Private prisons pay off legislators to keep drugs illegal.

The state receives money on both ends.

The non violent drug user becomes a statistic. And the money keeps rollin' in..

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

From the prospective of TPTB you'd have to be stupid not to be heavily involved in the drug trade... its like a perpetual source of money.

Problem is (or the positive aspect from the pov of the people making money from it), its usually people not even looking for a piece of the pie who end up being burnt and having there lives destroyed over the war on drugs.

Well the actual people making money from it just continue to thrive.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Exactly! I have often told people that the system is addicted to the war because the pound of flesh extracted from the people pays the LEO, lawyers, prisons, judges, courthouses, and as of late a whole new array of organizations added to court costs and fines. They would literally collapse if there was no war on drugs. There was always a drug trade, but certain groups realized it was time for them to get paid instead of everyone else. What happened after the fact with the public side of the system with the declaration of the war on drugs happened secondary to the initial actions.

All anyone has to see is that the quantity (supply) and quality of street drugs has gone through the roof. Regardless of the claim our government was at war with them. If our government is at war with something, they will effectively wipe it out one way or another. It is quite convenient for them isn't it? Make people suffer or get addicted and then make them and their families pay for it completely is quite effective at the status quo. Perhaps after so many years there are forces that have been believing in their war on drugs enough that they realize they can't stop the problem until they can stop the cash addiction of these groups behind the war. If they remove cash from society, these evil bastards seeing to it the streets are overflowing with hard narcotics may have a real problem moving the stuff and generating funds from it without there being an electronic trail at best. It is one of the major things I am watching is this move to remove cash from society and where it goes to see which side is winning in the shadows.

edit on 3/11/15 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Yup, there's way to many people making way to much money from so many angles (prisons, police, judges, lawyers, rehabs ect) -- and then of course the dealers and cartels themselves. Money is made from every angle, and there's no real incentive to stop it. There are simply to many hands in the pie these days, fighting a fake "war" against themselves.

God, there must be people in high places laughing at how they've conned the entire world population for so long by playing both sides.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
As Berlin once said:

"Freedom for the Pike is death for the Minnows".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join