It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Privatised experimentation...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hey people, was just reading at an article about NASA researching hibernation for space flight, and it had me thinking; what kind of experiments happen at various organisations that we never hear about?

My thought was that they probably test things on humans that they are not supposed to, such as this hibernation idea. They probably test things like that all the time and just keep it hush due to legality. I obviously have no idea. I just thought it seemed like an interesting question.

So I leave it with you guys; what kind of experiments do you think organisations, corporations and guys with labs perform behind closed doors?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SKurtle

It would be extremely difficult for any legitimate private organization to carry out those kinds of experiments without the government being at least complicit to some degree because of the high degree of government regulation and inspection that gets carried out.

Note: I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but if it does, it's going to be with at least some knowledge of the government and if the government is involved the only reason why it wouldn't then be entirely at a government facility where the theoretical security would be tighter is to have plausible deniability because people are so ready and willing to believe that a corporation can carry this kind of thing out entirely on its own which afford the government that extra layer of protection should the nastiness come to light.

edit on 2-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

They test everything's not.

Well within reason.

It helps me sleeps at night, thinking some one has my back.

I know they do.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Well as the saying goes, someone had to try it at some point.
Just like the poor buggars who tested out preperation A to G. Until they perfected
it and reached Preperation H

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good point, they'd want their finger in that pie... Isn't NASA .gov, anyway?

Plus, how often would they be regulated? An official present everyday? Week?

@Treespeaker

@Macenroe82

Indeed. Though, I guess if the individuals involved are all volunteers, then it should be acceptable. However if that were the case, it wouldn't be kept a secret...
edit on 2-11-2015 by SKurtle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Find out
boston.craigslist.org...
And check back.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Nice xD

Well my ideas kinda ruled out xD though I'd say a study is different from an experiment, nice one none the less

edit on 2-11-2015 by SKurtle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

My husband works pharma. Between state and federal agencies of one kind of another and then the international regulatory agencies, there was not a time last year when they were not either under inspection by someone or preparing to be inspected.

Add to that, the state and federal agencies show up unannounced for their inspections. The international ones are the ones that are scheduled. The best they know about the federal and state inspections is that they will have one ... at some point. But it doesn't have to be one. It could be more. That's part of how the inspection process works. How good is an inspection if you know it's coming?

That's why I say it would be hard to get away with something of that magnitude without at least some government complicity at some point in the chain.

edit on 2-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm with ya, that makes a lot of sense. Still entirely possible, but it would be very delicate; involving a few cross-system relationship's.

Maybe it happens out of state, maybe they have hidden facility's. Govt do (they might not be hidden per se) but they do have research facilities. Perhaps it's all collaborated, would tie into a sort of old boy/secret society idea as well.

Thanks for your reply!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Well as the saying goes, someone had to try it at some point.
Just like the poor buggars who tested out preperation A to G. Until they perfected
it and reached Preperation H

Same goes for WD40. It took forty tries with stinky fish oils to perfect a working formula, I grant you though probably not of the same stank level as a butt fluffer.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
www.cracked.com...

Vaguely relevant cracked post

top topics

join