It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell! Europe Drops Charges Against Edward Snowden, Offers Asylum And Protection

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Not much to add to the article other than he needs to watch his back if he goes to Europe. Much of the stuff Snowden exposed had been going on since before the 70s and was nothing new.. Just getting it out and in the open domain is what pissed the spooks off.

I do hope this is true , however, you have to wonder if by now he would chose to leave Russia ? I would during the winter it's to darn cold for me.

This week, the European Parliament voted to offer Edward Snowden asylum and protection and drop all criminal charges against him. When at one time most of the world was bullied by the US government into pressing charges against Snowden and forcing him into exile, the entire European continent has now officially given him a pass.

Thursday’s 285 – 281 vote officially recognized Snowden as an “international human rights defender” and ensured that he would be free from arrest within European borders.

www.activistpost.com...

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
That's one way of getting him back into the arms of the U.S.A.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Wow. Officially recognized as an "international human rights defender". Nice to see that our American jingoism is losing its bite.

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I hope it's true. We need to stop making this man out to be some kind of criminal. He risked everything including his life to expose the truth and people either don't give a damn or think he's the one that should be jailed.

People are GD morons and don't deserve people like Snowden risking their lives for them in the first place.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Not exactly a landslide, was it?

Be curious to see if he takes them up on it. And if so, how long he lasts...

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Before we get too exited, I found another source.

The vote is not legally binding, but constitutes a symbolic landmark, and could indicate a sea change in attitudes towards Snowden at the highest level of European politics.

Not legally binding. This is a decision made by the elected body of the E.U.

The non elected element of the parliament, I.e The Commissioners, have all the power, it's scandalous.

www.thejournal.ie...
edit on 2/11/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
www.europarl.europa.eu...< br />
It's true.

Surprising.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
He would be crazy to leave a safe haven. He would have an "accident", if he ever decided to live a normal life again.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So what's the catch?

Why does Snowden (snow/white... den/house) matter again all of a sudden to powerful people?

He can be used. That's all power ever wants.

Otherwise leave him be, wherever he is.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Dont do it Edward!!!
Its a trap!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta
He would be crazy to leave a safe haven. He would have an "accident", if he ever decided to live a normal life again.

Quoted for truth.

there are those working for the NSA right who choose to continue spying on citizens home and abroad legally or illegally, they are happy with their 9-5, for good or for bad; those men are bound to die nameless. Snowden decided to die with a name and not nameless, and made a monumental difference; he will be remembered in history. He knew he would never lead a normal life after he decided to go through with the disclosures. Im sure he knows what precautions he needs to take.

all the best to him.
god speed.
edit on 2-11-2015 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Gee wiz Europe is so kind.

They have been and are being puppets of the USA.

It’s RUSSIA that allowed Snowden freedom not these puppets of the USA

Now this may be an indication that the EU is getting tired of carrying the water for the USA.

Some of EU members may feel their be getting back at the US for giving them this immigration nightmare

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Gee wiz Europe is so kind.

They have been and are being puppets of the USA.

It’s RUSSIA that allowed Snowden freedom not these puppets of the USA

Now this may be an indication that the EU is getting tired of carrying the water for the USA.

Some of EU members may feel their be getting back at the US for giving them this immigration nightmare

No all this is, is a case of a number of M.E.P's actually exposing what a crock of # the E.U is and how toothless the M.E.P's are.

This will never get past the commissioners.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

…and ensured that he would be free from arrest within European borders.

Said the Spider to the Fly. Technically, they don't arrest people anymore, just detain them. And they don't extradite anyone, just rendition them extraordinarily.

Snowden won't fall for it.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Before we get too exited, I found another source.

The vote is not legally binding, but constitutes a symbolic landmark, and could indicate a sea change in attitudes towards Snowden at the highest level of European politics.

Not legally binding. This is a decision made by the elected body of the E.U.

The non elected element of the parliament, I.e The Commissioners, have all the power, it's scandalous.

www.thejournal.ie...

Interesting.

I just cannot for the life of me believe that anybody actually believed that he was a traitor or was wrong. Politicians may have lied and said they thought so, but come on now.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

That's what I am thinking, or be nabbed and brought back to the US. I wouldn't trust the situation if I was him.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

…and ensured that he would be free from arrest within European borders.

Said the Spider to the Fly. Technically, they don't arrest people anymore, just detain them. And they don't extradite anyone, just rendition them extraordinarily.

Snowden won't fall for it.

As a Spider I'd say stay put with uncle Putin, Oh the web we weave.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

He is supposed to be the one that has the inside information and the straight poop on who is who and what is what.

Has he forgotten who and what he is dealing with?

Why would he trust them?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
He should go for it, even if it could be a trap. Just to show them he got big pelotas one more time.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I just wish they would find some way to help Julian Assange now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join