It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikitruth - what really happened?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I started on dial-up, like a lot of first-time web users. Back then, it took a while to search for 'interesting' subjects and, being a researcher in the city (London, UK) I spent most of my time finding out who, why, where.

One of my searches lead me to a site called (I think) wikitruth.info which explained why things happened the way they did on wikipedia...
for example a female temp with drnk driving charges, 2 boyfriends / partners who were killed in strange circumstances and a father in the CIA managed to obtain one of the top positions in the company and the info regarding the drink driving and boyfriends was mysteriously removed!

I decided to check wikitruth out recently, but for some reason there's no record of it. Even on the wayback machine, all I see are page errors.

Just wondered if anyone has any knowledge on why it disappeared.

*After 20 minutes, Wayback (web.archive.org) took me to an archived page. Will check out what came up, but still interested on other ATS member's comments.*
edit on 2-11-2015 by uktorah because: Additional info

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: uktorah

I've never heard of "Wikitruth",... could you be talking about "Wikileaks"?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Interesting wiki site!

However, there are 5179 pages saved.

Try typing this address in the waybackmachine: wikitruth.info/*

EDIT: although I see they are not all active. Some are though!

edit on 2-11-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

truth-wiki.com...

this one?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

www.wikitruth.info...

Not in English language any more. It was a site like the OP said. I remember it. It was a protest site against the Wikipedia and used to print critical gossip about Wikipedia organisation.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the fast replies.
It's definitely wikitruth.info.
I can access the waybackmachine pages now, thanks and I also found the info on the woman I read about all those years ago!
www.washingtonpost.com...

Would be interesting if anyone on ATS had any inside info on why it was forced to shut down. I know Jimmy Wales is a millionaire (despite the requests for Wikipedia funding) but he must have had / made some shady contacts.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Oooo...her husband drown in the Cayman Islands on their honeymoon and was a CIA agent, too.

Obit For Sean Doran

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well found Mother May Eye.

I had a go at adding some information to a wikipedia page, but it was removed within minutes. When I questioned the person about why they removed a fact as well as the evidence to support it, they told me 'Wikipedia gives precedence to "the establishment" view on everything.'

Another reason for a site like wikitruth to be re-born maybe...!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
encyclopediadramatica exposed Wikipedia in a funny way

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Oooo...her husband drown in the Cayman Islands on their honeymoon and was a CIA agent, too.

Obit For Sean Doran
Wikipedia is CIA run so that's probably how she got the job. did he really die from accidental drowning or did his wife that is a felon have something to do with it . . .

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorusChrist

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Obit For Sean Doran
Wikipedia is CIA run so that's probably how she got the job. did he really die from accidental drowning or did his wife that is a felon have something to do with it . . .

Ha! Well, considering her daddy was a CIA official:

Danny Wool, a former Wikimedia employee who described Doran as personable, stylish and funny, recalled that she said she was the daughter of a CIA official. A 1992 Washington Post obituary on the CIA's James L. Bothwell lists daughter Carolyn Bothwell as a survivor.

And...considering she met and married a CIA agent. It stands to reason she likely mingles in that crowd as an insider.

new topics

top topics

join