It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP campaigns craft letter to networks with debate format changes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
So, basically the entire thing is going to be scripted like reality TV, and the GOP is setting all the ground rules to make sure it all goes smoothly?

So basically you must think having partisan left wingers as debate moderators is completely acceptable?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: introvert

Sorry, but this seems to me nothing but left spin.

Hilarious. Yes, the "left" is forcing them into making childish demands and control what the public sees and hears. Yeah, um, okay. What's next? Lifelines? Phone a friend? Ask the audience? Switch the question?

Maybe the network's moderators should fight fire with fire and boycott the GOP debates.

Let them ask each other questions, now that might just be worth watching!

Then after it's over, we could also let the candidates tell us who won the debate and just to make sure no one gets their feelings hurt, we could award them all with "huge" participation trophies.

There, that should put a smile on their "grumpy cat" faces.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

So, basically the entire thing is going to be scripted like reality TV, and the GOP is setting all the ground rules to make sure it all goes smoothly?

So basically you must think having partisan left wingers as debate moderators is completely acceptable?

Actually that probably the best.

And vice versa having right wingers moderate democrat debates.

That way you can really put the pressure on and watch the politicians squirm as they get questions takeing them outside there comfort zones.

They should not be about "looking good" to the public. It should be about how they react to difficult questions and pressure.

Pressure pressure pressure and then more pressure because if they cant keep it together infront of a hostile audience then they have no buisness leading a country.
edit on 2-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The leading Dems are very very old as well. The Repubs have a terrible hand at this point in the race for certain. I like Paul but he squeaks when he gets nervous which does not sell well, also no real leadership skills as yet. It is too bad for Jeb that he was not run before his brother. The grass roots has too much power in the party now to take another party inside man like Jeb to the nomination.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

It's not anyone's fault that liberal-minded people are drawn into the broadcast and entertainment industry. There are plenty of moderators on all the major networks that aren't liberal that could host these debates.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I just hope there's a talent and bathing suit competition! And the Donald can host it!

Just imagine the interview portion...

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I just hope there's a talent and bathing suit competition! And the Donald can host it!

Just imagine the interview portion...

Whoa!!!!!

I'm not sure I'm ready to see Chris Christie in a swimsuit. I still can't get the image of him in the baseball uniform out of my head.

But just for the record, what do you think he'd look best in... one-piece, two piece, baggies, speedo or thong?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish
I'm not sure I'm ready to see Chris Christie in a swimsuit. I still can't get the image of him in the baseball uniform out of my head.

But just for the record, what do you think he'd look best in... one-piece, two piece, baggies, speedo or thong?

Speedo or thong. Either way, Thanks for that image. I won't be able to sleep tonight.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Stop that now!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Sounds to me like the senior leadership inside the GOP knows who they want already and is making sure the right camera angles, graphics, bios used to support their candidate of choice.

It'll be painfully obvious to those paying attention who the GOP wants to nominate after this next "debate". Just look for the person who is given the best bio, the most favorable camera angles...

I'm willing to bet they're also demanding certain questions taken off the table, and other questions are forcibly added. It was reality TV before anyway -- this just pretty much rubs the fact in your face.

Republicans face a significant media bias and have every right to try to control some aspects of the debate process. After that ridiculous CNBC debate I don't blame them. Most of the questions were loaded and completely pointless.

In comparison you see the Democratic candidates receiving softball questions and relatively flattering treatment by the networks.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
... or we could all just focus on facts instead of belief-based BS ...

Wait a minute, silly me ... we're talking about politicians!

Nevermind.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Republicans face a significant media bias

Oh, stop it. That is completely absurd and the only reason that talking point gets used non-stop is because the Right thinks anyone that disagrees with them or doesn't quite see it their way is a Leftist and against them.

It's that damned victim card, over and over again.

In comparison you see the Democratic candidates receiving softball questions and relatively flattering treatment by the networks.

In the last debate they asked Hillary about her emails. At what point does reality, not talking points and BS, come in to play here?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
LOL at Laura Ingraham et al.

Limbaugh, Hannity and Levin as GOP debate hosts? Sure, OK

Yeah right. The LEFT is making them do it. This gets funnier and funnier.

According to Ted Cruz, the problems with Republican debates could be fixed if they were hosted by committed conservatives, people whom Cruz calls “real journalists” such as talk show hosts Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Mark Levin. As Cruz argues, questioners like that would “help conservatives make a decision who’s going to be the best and strongest conservative to represent us and win.”

edit on 11/2/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Exactly. They want to sterilize the debates so that it resembles propaganda more than intellectual discourse. Having Rush or Hannity as moderators would ensure that the propaganda is disseminated by those the Right Wing already know and trust.
edit on 2-11-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

As I'm watching this develop, my question is ... why bother?

Host all remaining "debates" on Fox. Let the Republican candidates take turns saying the exact same things, while for some reason damning each other for not being Conservative enough or the right-kind of Conservative or ... what do you say when 14 folks are reading off the same script?

Echo chamber for the win.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Apparently Trump is not involved in this collaborative effort and is dealing directly with the networks.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Why does anyone care (save for the republicans themselves) how the republicans run their primaries? It’s their party they should pick their representative in any way they see fit.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

DEMANDS that must be adhered to or they face the possibility of certain high-profile candidates not participating in the debate.

I would like to see no shows. That would indicate those who are not fit to be a leader. Although it does seem like much of the presidency is scripted too.

This whole situation is childish. Are we going to be voting for a president or hall monitor.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

He's probably going to negotiate himself a giant throne of gold that sits above the other candidates. Plus the ability to fire the people asking questions.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

"Media bias" to me sounds like someone pulling the victim card.

Conservatives RULE the AM talk radio sector, and they're free to create as many conservative TV networks as they want. Not being represented in media isn't anyone's fault but their own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join