It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS in the flesh - too frightening to comprehend?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: smurfy

Yeah, and then nothing has come from it.

Well, it's time he got his fish finger out then!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Oh I forgot, you're Welsh, you're fully excused.
Hahaha! Fair one...but we found agreement after mature exchanges...the crazy mix which is the UK functions because we all see those connections within our exchanges.

...'not being a twat' is the mantra children in the UK learn at nursery lol...English, Welsh, Scottish, or (N) Irish

That is very true, you basically try to avoid being a twat most of your life, but occasionally drift dangerously near or smack bang in the middle of being one.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Oh I forgot, you're Welsh, you're fully excused.
Hahaha! Fair one...but we found agreement after mature exchanges...the crazy mix which is the UK functions because we all see those connections within our exchanges.

...'not being a twat' is the mantra children in the UK learn at nursery lol...English, Welsh, Scottish, or (N) Irish

That is very true, you basically try to avoid being a twat most of your life, but occasionally drift dangerously near or smack bang in the middle of being one.

Yep, it's a twat game but we don't need an avatar holding a sword to present a twat argument or an image which does not present the person lol

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
No good.

I'd imagine some lurker psycho would turn up in a trench coat and pull out a sub machine gun and shoot half the people there...

And then who would write the thread on that?

That's a gun debate I don't know wanna peruse through.

*queue the "I'd conceal carry" hero*

Jsheunebgsy wvshjsjuqgfwvsbab tit.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Behave, you know exactly what I mean, those folk depicting themselves as Knights in shining armour, or other warrior types lol, lame, you know full well most of them are nothing like that in real life.

...I'm a grain of sand on the beach of life as my electron microscope image of sand indicates, no ego bull# with me, unlike many many folk here on ATS lol

Totally!

For the record, I do match my avatar. I'm a witch and my daughter calls me "Kitty" so... I think it's fairly representative.
That's an understandable position and I get that, you look friendly and open to debate, but those with swords in their hands like they are Centurions? Lame, and begging for image over content as far as I ever see it.

...I could be wrong of course, but the 'warrior' type avatar is common on ATS, invented reality, and lame.

It is all about machismo. There is normally a strong correlation between overcompensating tough guy persona and conservatism.

It's rare to see somebody with a hyper-macho avatar saying something liberal. Maybe it's that association of nostalgia informing a person's outdated opinion of what a man should be.

I swear there can be an entire book written about the sociology and correlations extrapolated from avatars on online forums compared to the people behind them.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

True. Definitely a possibility. 'Specially in the DC Area.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Behave, you know exactly what I mean, those folk depicting themselves as Knights in shining armour, or other warrior types lol, lame, you know full well most of them are nothing like that in real life.

...I'm a grain of sand on the beach of life as my electron microscope image of sand indicates, no ego bull# with me, unlike many many folk here on ATS lol

Totally!

For the record, I do match my avatar. I'm a witch and my daughter calls me "Kitty" so... I think it's fairly representative.
That's an understandable position and I get that, you look friendly and open to debate, but those with swords in their hands like they are Centurions? Lame, and begging for image over content as far as I ever see it.

...I could be wrong of course, but the 'warrior' type avatar is common on ATS, invented reality, and lame.

It is all about machismo. There is normally a strong correlation between overcompensating tough guy persona and conservatism.

It's rare to see somebody with a hyper-macho avatar saying something liberal. Maybe it's that association of nostalgia informing a person's outdated opinion of what a man should be.

I swear there can be an entire book written about the sociology and correlations extrapolated from avatars on online forums compared to the people behind them.
I agree, although I'd not seen the original posts from the members.
The 'sword wielding avatars' though, lame as #.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I was going to change it being that Halloween is over, but now I think I may leave it up until Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I was going to change it being that Halloween is over, but now I think I may leave it up until Thanksgiving.
Yeah you fell into the group

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Yeah you fell into the group

If I worried what people online thought about me it would be a very comical day.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I didn't know you were Welsh Charlie!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Didn't there used to be an ATS/conspiracy convention?
I'm sure back when I lurked I saw photos on here of a meet up at some kind of UFO/conspiracy thing.
The owners here, others too.

Back in the mid 2000's

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I didn't know you were Welsh Charlie!

Lol, smurfy.

I might be somewhere along the line.

The Celt runs deep in my veins.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtricks
Imagine an ATS HQ where we all meet once a year

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtricks
That's what they want ...............is to get us all in one place. Problem solved, all the people who don't drink the kool aid gone. The PTB would have one hell of a party.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Can we be done picking on the sword wielding avatars please? I happen to like mine even though in reality I am not a sword wielding Knight

top topics

<< 1   >>

join