It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In fairness to religion....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I have condemned all religions as one vast conspiricy in many of my posts on this site. I've even gone so far as to author a thread titled, "The conspiricy that IS religion."

At the same time i've given very little for the religious defenders to shoot back at. If i'm going to pick them apart I think it only fair that I make my position very clear so that they may respond in kind.

That said, I offer the following.

What I Believe

I believe it�s important to occasionally sit down and take stock in the things you believe in. Sure, its easy to list off the things you don�t believe or have discarded because your journey has taught you better, still, it�s often hard to actually list off the things that you do believe. I learned this in a fellowship discussion group long ago. Since then I�ve had to occasionally sit down and put on paper the things that have been bouncing around inside my head.

I start with the last list I made and remove the things I�ve learned to be, well, not wrong but no longer applying to me. Then I add what I�ve learned over the time since I wrote it and go from there.

It makes things allot easier when I�m asked about my beliefs as well. Rather than having to go into a drawn out explanation I can hand them the latest list. I highly recommend this to everyone as well.

Matter of fact, I have learned that its thru the sharing and caring we have in each others lives that we are best able to grow.

Now:

I believe that before man, before the Earth, before the beginning of time, the truth existed, it�s the only thing that has never changed. It�s the only thing that has never needed to change.

I believe that unconditional love is the greatest gift you can give to this world, And to yourself.

I believe that it would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing than to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

I believe that the path one walks does not make them holy. They must make the path holy regardless of the path they have chosen.

I believe that there is only one race, the human race, and we�re all in it together, whether we like it or not.

I believe that forgiveness is not a gift to the person that wronged you, Forgiveness is a gift to yourself so that you may go on with your life in peace.

I believe that even though we express ourselves individually our spirits are all a part of the same being, the one who created all things. E Pluribus Unum, Out of many (people) One (spirit).

I believe that my true reflection will never be seen in a mirror before me, but in the eyes and hearts of the people I share my life with.

I believe that each of us has only one true gift we can give to this world, the gift of ourselves. Everything else will fall away

I believe that political power in the hands of religion has always, always, led to tyranny. I also believe that political power in the hands of religion will always lead to tyranny.

I believe that I have yet to meet a person who could not teach me something, if I will only pay attention.

I believe that every religion or designated path is in itself a cult, for no other reason than it narrows your mind from the broader realities.

I believe that your soul is as unique as the fingerprints on your hand. No one knows what you have learned and of the journey which brought you here. No one that is, except you. That�s why it�s important to share.

I believe that hugs make kids grow. (And they�re not bad for adults either)

I believe that though I am but a drop in the ocean, I am still the ocean. So are you.

I believe that if your heart is at peace with the life your living and your soul is at peace with your creator, who ever you consider that creator to be, than everything else is just icing on the cake.

I believe that hate is a poison to the soul of the person that is doing the hating.

I believe that all who teach us leave a part of their soul in ours.

I believe that in our darkest and most personally damned moments there is a light shining brightly to guide us, and we never realize that till long years have given us perspective.

I believe that your life is a reflection of your perspective on it. If you go around seeing things as being terrible then they inherently will be.

I believe that I have much to learn, and I know I will enjoy every moment of learning it.

Love and light,

Wupy

join