It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok somebody please explain to me exactly why the US is supposed to support Israel?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Seriously, someone please really explain this to me.

Don't go quoting the Bible at me, please. That just makes it clear to me you are a crazy, hateful lunatic.

Please don't launch into accusations that I am anti-Semitic for even asking the question. That just makes it clear to me that you are... well you get the point.

Don't answer a completely different question. Please answer the question I have asked.

Thanks, ATSrs!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Because they have 200+ undocumented nukes pointed at half the world......

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Because America is friendly to every country that lets them station their weapons there .
I remember in 2001 when Americans were setting up Patriot missile batteries all over Israel.
Plus it's not like there's a lot of other Middle Eastern countries that will. Let America use their air space

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtricks

Probably because of the large and very vocal Jewish lobby in America.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

They're not supposed to.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Politically Israel is an US ally, a westernized nation culture wise, strives for self sufficiency and strong military power.

Also there are 4 million Jewish folks in the US who hold high positions in business, academics, corporates, politics and several other facets of life.

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Because they have 200+ undocumented nukes pointed at half the world......

Awww Crazyewok...you beat me to it mate!

There's precedent for the nuke thing too.

Back in the 60's, Nixon was told by the then Israeli PM, that Israeli bombers, 13 of them, were loaded with nukes and will rain down hell on the region if it looked like Israel would lose the war...Nixon caved in and sent aid, naturally.

edit on 2 11 2015 by MysterX because: typo

link   
The Israel lobby pays senators to pay Israel.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Because to many, Israel represents a stable govt. in the region. ...and just incidently, happens to be an ally of the US. That's really it in a nut shell.

There are, of course, those who do believe in the notion of biblical prophecy...which is meh, in my opinion. Those who do follow that line of thought do not necessarily equate to "hateful lunatic". Just think differently, that's all.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
For the same reason we give it to russia.
I didn't say it was a good reason.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
While we are at it what did the Palestinians do with the half a billion dollars they received in 2014 from America?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Please someone tell me why this is a WWIII thread

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Ask 'em. I'm sure you'll get a good answer...

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yeah, maybe that was a hateful thing to say on my part.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
If there is a better thread for this, the mods will move it. But I was thinking Middle East Issues >> powder keg >> WWIII thread

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I'm fairly positive that some of them do match the "hateful lunatic" description. So, you were at least partially correct...

Blanket statements like that can be problematic.

Nothing shaken.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Well I know the Palestinians have a stipend in the government budget for the family of every terrorist who dies in a successful suicide attack

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
As others have said. Biblical prophecy (and we just can't seem to separate church & state). A foothold in a region of resource wealth. But they are in no way a western nation. You think they are western just because they held a "democratic" election? They are an illegal religion-guided terrorist state at best, and one that has been able to get away with atrocities that we wouldn't stand for from other countries. But we are pals with plenty of terrorist nations, so this is no anomaly.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

"at best"?

That would seem to indicate you think they're worse than that...

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

They do, apparently.

Which is kinda creepy when you think about it. ...and not at all conducive to friendly relations with ones neighbors.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join