It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roasted Veggies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have mentioned roasted veggies a few times here and we're having them tonight, so I thought I'd take a picture and post it. This is before cooking.

This one has cauliflower, carrots, Brussels sprouts, red onion, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, with olive oil, black pepper, chipotle powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and oregano. I bake it at 380 for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes and adding goat cheese for the last 20 minutes.

Variations: Add Parmesan cheese or crisped bacon for the last 20 minutes.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Looks delicious.

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Variations: Add Parmesan cheese crisped bacon or more crisped bacon for the last 20 minutes.

I'm pretty sure you meant that.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ah... you know me too well.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Ah... you know me too well.

Indeed. Having extra bacon on hand also means some for the doggies when the occasional food-gitive falls to the floor.

Accidentally of course.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

That looks delicious!!!!

I love roasted veggies. I always mix it up with whatever I have in the fridge. My son who is almost 2 and a half LOVES veggies! I am so proud of his food palate! He prefers veggies and fruit over any kind of "junk" food. If you give him a cookie he gives it back and asks for carrots or grapes. His daycare said they love when I bring him food for lunch because it always smells good and looks good, they say he has the best food there. Well I would think so! LOL My child will eat anything and I love it. He likes to help when I'm in the kitchen and cut up veggies, with my help and supervision of course. He is so good and knows what not to touch and will tell you! I can't wait til he is older, cooking will be so much more fun with him!

I will have to save this recipe. My boyfriend would love it!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Looks really yummy!

I think I would like to try it!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Yep, looks really nice that. And simple...which suits me.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Indeed. Having extra bacon on hand also means some for the doggies when the occasional food-gitive falls to the floor.

While preparing these veggies, Jaia had a carrot, a Brussels sprout, a chunk of cauli and a tomato! He LOVES veggies!

a reply to: mblahnikluver

That's so cool about your son! Maybe he's going to be a chef!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I am still trying to remember to make your "roasted cabbage steak" recipe! Now I have 2 of your delights to make!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

While preparing these veggies, Jaia had a carrot, a Brussels sprout, a chunk of cauli and a tomato! He LOVES veggies!

Whenever I am doing prep I often give our two dogs carrots, sweet peppers, fruit and other veggies.

My sister-in-law who is a vet (not the Vietnam kind) told me it is cool as long as it is not too much.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
My sister makes 'mother's day stew' every year. She roasts vegetables, including potatoes, carrots, anise, onions and parsnips with sweet and hot italian sausage covered in a roaster with water. The result is a stew, and it is really tasty.

I forgot... there's cabbage in it too.
edit on b000000302015-11-02T13:24:12-06:0001America/ChicagoMon, 02 Nov 2015 13:24:12 -0600100000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Looks so fresh!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Oh! That sounds great! I wonder how long it cooks...

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Wow, same recipe, just wrap in foil and throw it on the bbq grill....

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The nicest, tastiest roast vegetable is beetroot, no doubt

Comes out nice and sweet

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
According to my granddaughter, I don't do pig.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Looks nummies BH, and I love the idea of tossing in some goat's cheese near the end, that's something I never would have thought of doing !

Thanks for sharing the awesome idea... I'm thinking a nice salty feta cheese would be awesome too (for those of us who are feta-holics).

edit on 2-11-2015 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Where's the After picture?

I'm not fond of roasted vegetables because they tend to char, and charcoal is carcenogenic. If there's a way to avoid that, I'd love to hear about it.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There was an absurd article I read somewhere, alleging that dogs dig to uproot tubers and such.

Vegan website, no doubt.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

looks delicious...my only issue is using garlic powder....there is nothing better than fresh garlic....hell grate some in and throw a few pieces as well....mmmmm roasted garlic

I'm not fond of roasted vegetables because they tend to char, and charcoal is carcenogenic. If there's a way to avoid that, I'd love to hear about it.

Can i suggest getting a better oven ...my roast vegies go crispy brown not char.....
edit on 3-11-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join