It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Multi-Partner Marriages Gonna Be a Thing?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
this is a sick answer to the problem,i would not share my girlfreiend/wife with some other guy,i suggest you all stop drinking the water ,and i thought you lot classed your self as intelligent.
wierdo's and freaks any of you that think its ok.

Loose sexual morals != low intelligence. You created a false equivocation with your post here.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

says you,but i disagree with that why is it false??? because from where im standing they are thinking with their sexual organs and not there grey matter.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

Actually what you are doing is saying that people who have a different opinion from you on something are less intelligent than you. That is a false equivocation.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

this is a sick answer to the problem,i would not share my girlfreiend/wife with some other guy,i suggest you all stop drinking the water ,and i thought you lot classed your self as intelligent.
wierdo's and freaks any of you that think its ok.

No one says you do have to share if polygamy was legal?

The key lays in the phrase "consenting adults".

For some calling people that disagree with you unintelligent you certainly do lack the meaning of the key points of "consent" and "Adult.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

is it ??????? iq test us all then, im quite confident that the outcome would surprise you

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Here's the thing though that does bother me, this situation in China is a direct result of the government controlling reproduction

technically, it has to do with male children being considered more valuable than female children in chinese culture. years back, when i first learned about the sex disparity in china, i had the same reaction benevolent_heretic did. "how did they NOT see this coming?!"

i think it's because the devaluation of women is so all-encompassing that it evades critical examination. those setting policy were embedded in this attitude that made the practical consequences of their policies invisible to them. policy makers can be short-sighted, but maybe it's more dangerous when they're NEAR-SIGHTED. they're too close to an issue to see it clearly.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Why should I IQ test anyone? You are the one calling people's intelligence into question, not me. I'm just saying that just because people have an opinion on sexual actions that differs from yours that isn't a valid reason to call someone dumber than you. Go learn the definition of an opinion and how to spot them then come back and talk to me about who is and isn't intelligent.

edit on 3-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The point of the OP to me is that people are perhaps "consenting" to arrangements out of necessity and not their hearts or true desires

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

says you,but i disagree with that why is it false??? because from where im standing they are thinking with their sexual organs and not there grey matter.

no offence, but is it possible that you read the title and not the content of the op? the point was that such measures are being considered for practical reasons that have nothing to do with sexual desire or morality. you seem to be assuming a prurient motive, and then sniping at members who did bother to read past the title.

hey, that's your prerogative, i guess.

/shrug

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
i would suggest that cloning would be a better answer in the space of 20years they would have enough females to ensure the population rise.
without having to resort to time share!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Personally I think China was building up for a war that hasn't happened so far. Lots of expendable males t throw away. Now they have a lot of internal issues due to that. Really not much different than muslims devaluing women to the point that the whole group has no value. So kill them off.

edit on 3-11-2015 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

i would suggest that cloning would be a better answer in the space of 20years they would have enough females to ensure the population rise.

the cost of producing one viable human clone is in excess of 2 million smackaroos, and animal clones have proven infertile.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

Yes, of course they could. You have to understand what cloning is - it's just another way to make a baby. If I wanted to clone you, for instance, here are the basic steps: 1) I would gather a few cells from you (I only need one good one, and I could theoretically get one without even touching you, for instance by taking it off the rim of a glass or cup you drank out of). 2) I would obtain a human egg cell from a donor. 3) I would remove the egg cell's nucleus and insert the nucleus of your cell in its place. 3) After watching this altered egg cell divide a few times to make sure it is healthy, I would put it into the uterus of a surrogate mother. 4) Nine months later, the surrogate mom would give birth to a baby who is genetically identical to you, this baby is also known as your clone. The clone would be a separate human being, and would be just like any other baby...it would just happen to have the same DNA as you do. Consequently, a human clone could reproduce just like anyone else - UNLESS the person whose DNA the clone received had some genetic condition that rendered them unable to create offspring.

Reference www.physicsforums.com...

dolly the sheeps babies link oh she had more as well perfectly healthy
edit on 3-11-2015 by stuthealien because: link

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

the cost is still the limiting factor for the solution you proposed, and dolly was the exception after 277 tries. plus, due to her attenuated telomeres, she didn't live very long.

you seem to feel very strongly about a dyadic model, and your responses are loaded with disgust and contempt. why do you feel this way?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Wide spread cloning to make up for a lack of females in the population would seriously screw up genetic drift. The next few populations would likely have a higher rate of genetic abnormalities because of a plan like that.
edit on 3-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

its not contempt maybe disgust , i did choose my words wrongly and typed in anger at no outside the box thinking,but there are other alternatives then just thinking with your sexual organs,the cost could be brought down as its not that complicated,also remember that dolly was the first public admitted clone and the tech was still being developed,it really does not need to be this expensive and some of the process could be automated,also they are not identical so they would not all look the same .
they have a problem we agree on that at least ,so do you change the current paradigm and have time share on your ladies or would it be more ethical to clone your way out of a problem . and dollies problems where possibly due to the fact her original dna had faults,
also china can afford this ,their nation debt is quite small compared to other nations.

also they have entire empty city's ,one could be the city of the cloned ladies
edit on 3-11-2015 by stuthealien because: empty cities

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

A city of cloned ladies...Oh my Goodness......wouldn't that just further the problem of practical arrangements for sex and availability ? I guess this really does come down to the value one places on what "True Love" means ????

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

you or anyone can not say that it would screw with genetic rift.

1) they are the very same d.n.a that exist's their already so no change
2) its never been done so this would be a first in the history of mankind

as a great man once said "to boldly go where no man has gone before"

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

you or anyone can not say that it would screw with genetic rift.

1) they are the very same d.n.a that exist's their already so no change
2) its never been done so this would be a first in the history of mankind

as a great man once said "to boldly go where no man has gone before"

If this became wide spread it would ultimately result in an inbred population that had less capacity to adapt in adverse conditions in many ways, including a greater susceptibility for disease. Sex has a purpose and that purpose is to increase mutations so the odds are more favorable for successful ones. So yeah... Screw with genetic drift.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
this genetic drift is in your head,are the people their now greatly susceptible to disease?? it would be the same,
also the clones still produce antibodies to virus as we do, their immune systems still work this does not stop!!!

and it would not need to be done forever

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join