It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Star Trek in Jan 2017

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

"seek out new life and new civilizations" while "while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966."

You mean more of the same as all the rest ?

A utopia where everything is free, and no one has to work. and religion was killed, and they deify science ?

More American politics in space!

After it it's CBS.

Star Wars, and Star Trek.

BLAH,BlAH, BLAH.

Then comes along a series franchise like Star Gate that had the potential to be greater.

They epically blew it.

Wouldn't get your hopes up on the 'new' Star Trek.

Hollywood needs to come up with new stuff instead of recycling crap over, and over again.
edit on 15-11-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: nonspecific

I didn't like enterprise or voyager. Ds9 was much better than I expected it to be.

That was Ron Moore the guy who would do BSG later.

The best part of DS9 was the Dominion War.
edit on 15-11-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Well we cant all Think alike...
IMHO we dont need Another Trek... But infact Another Gate.. Or
rather a "tie the knots" gate... To much left unsaid...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

"seek out new life and new civilizations" while "while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966."

You mean more of the same as all the rest ?

A utopia where everything is free, and no one has to work. and religion was killed, and they deify science ?

More American politics in space!

After it it's CBS.

Star Wars, and Star Trek.

BLAH,BlAH, BLAH.

Then comes along a series franchise like Star Gate that had the potential to be greater.

They epically blew it.

Wouldn't get your hopes up on the 'new' Star Trek.

Hollywood needs to come up with new stuff instead of recycling crap over, and over again.

Startrek but be your little nightmare.

You must wake up in sweats every night dreading such a future

edit on 21-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Been debating whether or not to put this out there, because I just can't get a feel on it one way or the other. That and there's a real fine line between keeping one's cool in lieu of hard info & going bouncing-off-walls-apeshyte courtesy of mere rumor & hope.

There's been an image floating around Imgur for a few months. It could be a big fat fake, or a real teaser poster for the upcoming series.

Link
I have to admit, I agree with the guy who said this:

Judging by how much dread & fear this just invoked in me... probably legit. . . .

Happy wondering

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

If they try to connect this to JJs trash spinoff then I will best case scenario boycott it & worst case scenario kill myself.

Voyager already used way too much time travel BS & enterprise temporal Cold War was totally stupid. Keep it true canon or don't do it at all imo. As much as I absolutely adore Star Trek, a huge part of me fears for this new series.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Please be better than enterprise.....
Fingers crossed.

Enterprise was freaking awesome what are you talking about?

Scott Bakula is freaking awesome. Enterprise as a show was just meh. (Though to me "Star Trek meh" is like 7/8 on a 1-10 scale)
edit on 15-3-2016 by BigScaryStrawman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

JJ used Star Trek as an audition tape to get Star Wars &, much like everything he touches, it was a horrendous piece of crap.

I personally have never been able to get into TOS. I absolutely loved the very first pilot episode (with no Captain Kirk) but according to some article I read, the viewership at the time found it "too cerebral".

Society has only gotten worse since then.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigScaryStrawman
a reply to: Klassified

If they try to connect this to JJs trash spinoff then I will best case scenario boycott it & worst case scenario kill myself.

While I admit JJ Trek grew on me, I agree a JJ-verse series would be franchise suicide.

Voyager already used way too much time travel BS

< cough > May I point out that Voyager & TNG both had a dozen episodes with time travel elements? DS9 fell one short with 11 episodes with TT elements, ENT had 10, and TOS had 5.
Just pointing the numbers out

& enterprise temporal Cold War was totally stupid.

Actually, I really liked that story arc, much, much more than the Xindi arc. Silik & the other suped up Suliban were a nice twist. And I'm still dying to know who they intended Future Guy to be.

As much as I absolutely adore Star Trek, a huge part of me fears for this new series.

Indeed. I'm cautiously excited, but also somewhat apprehensive. The last time I got really excited for a new franchise series, Stargate: Universe happened

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
When Gene died, the entire franchise took a big hit. The entire Star Trek universe became all about making profit, and Roddenberry's dream be damned.

Watch the first few seasons of ST:TNG and then the later seasons...or better yet DS9 and Voyager.

Star Trek used to be more about the social implications of mankind in the future -- the aliens they met and situations they encountered were moral reflections upon our own society today. It wasn't just phasers and blowing crap up or cheesy shipper love stories.

Yes, I am a total nerd and love all things sci-fi:

That? Just the complete works of Shakespeare signed by Sir Patrick Stewart...I seriously need a better way to store/display it...

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Aw man, and here I am with my childhood communicator (still works!) and Captain Picard action figure (sadly, not cherry...)

Also, some of Gene's magic just might be back via his kid. Rod's signed on:
www.startrek.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I guess voyager more specifically had way way too many instances of people meeting themselves & it felt like every other episode they were time slipping or causing something that never would have happened if they hadn't gone there in the first place. It got annoying. Yes, NG had time travel but they did it so much better I felt. Where did you get those numbers? I'd love to see outlines of only the time travel episodes to remind myself.

I actually really like ENT, but I think it was the cast more than the story arcs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join