It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Star Trek in Jan 2017

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well it looks like we'll be getting a new Star Trek TV series come January 2017, according CBS Television Studios.

No details to really speak of yet:

The new series will blast off with a special preview broadcast on the CBS Television Network. The premiere episode and all subsequent first-run episodes will then be available exclusively in the United States on CBS All Access, the Network’s digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service.

Looks like according to the article that they'll be introducing brand new characters who will "seek out new life and new civilizations" while "while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966."

Not seeing anything one the "when" as far as in the show (we had pre-Kirk with Star Trek: Enterprise, "Classical" Trek with Kirk, Star Trek: TNG, DS9 and Voyager all of which were 80 years after Kirk).

Check out the link below for other info on it:

New Star Trek Series Premiers January 2017

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful
Kewl! I've been waiting for a new ST series. I hope they have a good director and writers, who stay true to Roddenberry's original vision.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Thanks for the info! I trust Alex Kurtzman to put out a quality show. I wonder what kind of budget they will have being a CBS All Access production? I suppose CBS is not brave enough to put a Science Fiction series in their prime time line-up.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
First iv heard thanks .... I am now going to scurry off and read up on this

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as it takes the origional timeline and keeps to that cannon I am as you may have noticed quite happy about this.

It will be interesting to see where abouts in the timeline they are choosing to go.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I am only taking a random guess but the story line could be... The Temporal Cold War scenario ? Maybe the main characters somehow change all of the federations History..would be fun to start over

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Please be better than enterprise.....
Fingers crossed.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: celticviking

I am only taking a random guess but the story line could be... The Temporal Cold War scenario ? Maybe the main characters somehow change all of the federations History..would be fun to start over

JJ has already done similar to that in the last movie. They could play off of that I suppose, and set it in a different future than what might be expected by those who have kept up with all the movies and series.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: celticviking

It would be interesting but given that they went down that route in Enterprise and it did not fare too well I would be suprised.

If we are just guessing I would take a punt on the Federation and early Klingon era.

There is a lot of scope to a storyline like that.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The way things are going in Hollywood, it will probably just be a remake of the original series.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Fingers crossed.

I actually kind of liked Enterprise...

Maybe I was clutching at straws but I thought it was a pretty good story.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I didn't like enterprise or voyager. Ds9 was much better than I expected it to be.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
No idea on what they plan to do, but of course I imagine every fan will be keeping their ears to the ground for any details.

Out of all the shows, I actually enjoyed each, never actually hating any, though I had my favorites and least favorite:

DS9: Least favorite. To me, Star Trek is about a starship and it's crew...not people on a space station.

TNG: Took a bit to grow on me. It got a lot better as the actors were able to flesh out their characters, and once the outfits got better. Stories too.

Enterprise: Black sheep here. I actually really liked it. It was different in that it showed how fragile things most likely were first starting out. Big difference between Picard's HUGE Galaxy class ship, and Archer's itty bitty NX-01 with no shields, and wondering if everything was going to work. Of course Scott Bakula is one of my favorite actors so that helped too.

Voyager: Was my most favorite. I loved the idea that they were stranded far, far away from the Federation, on their own, having to figure out how to get home, and make due with what they had, and what they could find. I loved Janeway because I had a CO that was just like her! Small, but newer type of ship....just liked it all.

I've enjoyed JJ's movies that he's made, even though it's a reboot, I have to say that the actors themselves while not making themselves perfectly like the Classical Trek's characters, they've done a good job at keeping me entertained.

While I have no idea what CBS intends, I do remember back when Voyager was coming to an end. A lot of us were speculating that Peter David's books, featuring Captain Mackenzie Calhoun. known as Star Trek: The New Frontier was going to end up as the replacement after Voyager (but of course instead it was Enterprise).

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Maybe the picked up on Renegades, of which the first installment is available on YouTube. Renegades shows promise. It has some familiar faces in Admiral Checkov, Commander Tuvok, and Dr. Zimmerman (creator of the Doctor hologram) and introduces some new characters like Kahn's daughter. I've been meaning to buy the DVD to support the project, but I need to invest in a Blu-Ray player first.

I'll check with my buddy to see what he's heard. He keeps up with a lot of actors in the series.

My buddy called as I was typing this. He says he's aware of the new series and it's the real deal, but he has no details on it. I'm guessing that means no familiar faces as cast members.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

i acually thought that ds9 was maybe the best of all. I liked the fact that it was based on the frontier, the very edge as it was and thought that some of the developments were inspired.

It went a little bid odd at the end with Sisko bieng a god but even that kind of meant sense given the whole story. As for Voyager it was worth it just for Seven of Nine...

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I didn't like enterprise or voyager. Ds9 was much better than I expected it to be.

DS9 was my favorite.

Voyager was meh. They could have gone down such a better route rather than TNG in the delta quadrant theme.

Ent sucked until season 4 but by then it was to late.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wait, so I have to sign up for CBS's exclusive online streaming system to watch it?

Lame.

Roddenberry wouldn't be OK with this.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Oooooo!

This will be really cool!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Ummm...I've gotta second your "Enterprise"...opinion and the "It's been a long road" theme song and Jolene Blalock had absolutely nothing to do with me liking it.............really...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This is exciting! Looking forward to it!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join