It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunter Claims NASA Cam picked up UFO...?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Whatever this object is, it does appear to be outputting it's own light source, unless the sun is shining directly on this object from behind the ISS, but that still doesn't quite do it. Or does it? Where was the sun in relevance to the positions of the ISS and this object at the time of the video? And it doesn't blink like tumbling space junk surely would. More data needed.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: Cynic

It's obviously ball lightning masquerading as swamp gas reflecting off Venus.

[sarcasm off]

Fun's fun, but the reality is even more amazing, here's what the folks in Mission Control thought about the shuttle videos:

www.jamesoberg.com...

Yep, Jim, "fun is fun" now let's get serious and let's forget canned responses to something that may be a machine from something other than earth: You are the resident expert on debunking UFOs, what piece of hardware is this appears to be a very bright light that seems to be pacing the SSI? I'm will to accept any reasonable explanation other than a blanket dismissal as you and other debunkers have been doing here--which is typical when there is no readily available conventional explanation.

Remember, as space junk it will be tumbling in one or more motions and will NOT look as does this object.

Thanks for the open minded offer.

You will find "canned responses" to exactly those sorts of questions here: www.jamesoberg.com...

For example, I don't think such sightings involve traditional 'space junk' in the journalistic meaning of the word -- other satellites or pieces of them. And occasionally, the sighting really IS Venus.

One on one tutorials start AFTER the introductory course. [grin]

Hi Jim. We get it. The token "Nothing to see here" automated response your officially, former employers have been peddling since inception. We live in an oasis in the middle of a desert, right? NASA can't even show us a legitimate image of Earth.

But I think it would be smashing if you told these civilians what they were really looking at when NASA releases infrared images of "nebula", sprinkled with some horrendous, inundated, paint program stars. I bet these civilians would love to know the main objective to deploying infrared telemetry on NASA's parade floats. They're gonna find out soon enough. I hope NASA and their cronnies end up on the right side of history. There are primordial forces out there WAY more potent than short-sighted mortal man. They are out of their league by a long shot.

The truth is we live in a desert mirage, surrounded by an oasis.

/Tick tock tick tock

edit on 2-11-2015 by trifecta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
From what I could see in the video the folded FGB solar arrays were in the foreground with possibly the Russian 'Service Module' arrays behind, with some shadowing on them.

Figuring out where the sunlight is coming from is an important question, along with which way to center of earth and which way to direction of travel. NASA uses a LVLH == Local Vert Local Horizontal == frame, with +Z 'up' and +X 'forward', and +Y completing the XYZ frame 'right hand rule' [right hand index finger, center finger, and thumb pointing + XYZ in that order, see Wikipedia.

I've lost track of where all the exterior ISS cameras are, any more, and their pan/tilt ranges. The Canadarm cameras can be just about anywhere since as you know it can hand=over=hand crawl just about all over the outside, plus ride a cart from one end of the main truss to the other. Maybe somebody ought to do an inventory and maintain it. Add in hand-held interior camcorders in the awesome cupola and other windows. Dang, I may have to do it myself but don't really have the time right now.

It remains important to keep eyes sharp, the chances of something important being spotted are definitely non-zero.
edit on 2-11-2015 by JimOberg because: update xyz

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
www.express.co.uk...

It's hitting the main stream media.

Well.. so did NASA really cut out the stream? Maybe someone wasn't fast enough and they like "hey check this out over there .. ok zooming in .. oh crap we are still online ... cut the feed cut the feed".

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'd like to know the time difference between the object being there and then gone.

The manual camera movement to zoom and pan the object into center frame seems like a move of curiosity by the controller. I feel like if it was something that was supposed to be there, it would keep showing, as a point of interest for the viewers. Sort of a, "Hey look at this cool stuff we are doing in space." Instead, it changes to blue-screen and the anomaly is gone when the feed returns. Seeing how the object left the frame would answer a lot of my questions.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Might be an interesting topic to just ask NASA-JSC PAO how they manage the video feed, who's involved, what their editing capabilities are. Here are some pix I took of the PAO console from a visit to the ISS control room a few years ago.

The 'audio' refers to the PAO's own microphone speaking for public distribution.
edit on 3-11-2015 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Whatever this object is, it does appear to be outputting it's own light source, unless the sun is shining directly on this object from behind the ISS, but that still doesn't quite do it. Or does it? Where was the sun in relevance to the positions of the ISS and this object at the time of the video? And it doesn't blink like tumbling space junk surely would. More data needed.

You can kind of tell the location of the sun from the shadows on the ISS. And after watching the video again, the ISS sure isn't glowing like the object is. Obviously that's not conclusive of anything because we don't know what material the object is made of.

But I agree, the object seems to be outputting it's own light, in my very unscientific opinion.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

You can kind of tell the location of the sun from the shadows on the ISS. And after watching the video again, the ISS sure isn't glowing like the object is. Obviously that's not conclusive of anything because we don't know what material the object is made of.

But I agree, the object seems to be outputting it's own light, in my very unscientific opinion.

how do we know it's not the moon?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

With the assumption that the cameras used in both videos are similar models; in this video at approximately 3:45, a supermoon is clearly visible. The observed effects of the light anomaly on the camera are an electron overloaded CCD as evidenced by the cross shaped over-saturation trails. This indicates a large influx of photons, which is also evidenced by the halo; caused by light reflecting back onto the reverse side of the lens glass within the lens housing. This object was extremely bright.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JuniorJr

With the assumption that the cameras used in both videos are similar models; in this video at approximately 3:45, a supermoon is clearly visible. The observed effects of the light anomaly on the camera are an electron overloaded CCD as evidenced by the cross shaped over-saturation trails. This indicates a large influx of photons, which is also evidenced by the halo; caused by light reflecting back onto the reverse side of the lens glass within the lens housing. This object was extremely bright.

Or reflecting something extremely bright... like the sun.

Could have been a mirror-finished piece of FOD.
edit on 3-11-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

That has been addressed as a plausible explanation, and the most likely one in my opinion aside from a hoax. However, the issues with the reflection conclusion are: no luminosity variance caused by spinning, where does it go if it was floating in space moments earlier?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JuniorJr
a reply to: draknoir2

That has been addressed as a plausible explanation, and the most likely one in my opinion aside from a hoax. However, the issues with the reflection conclusion are: no luminosity variance caused by spinning, where does it go if it was floating in space moments earlier?

Wouldn't necessarily be spinning, and if it happened to pass into shadow it would "disappear".

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JuniorJr

Yes, and since it wasn't tumbling at all, not even a little lends towards the object being something else I would think.

Also, if it was the moon, why then would the camera need to zoom on it so much, is a question I would ask. The camera zoomed way, way in to this object, and that wouldn't be necessary to see that the moon is indeed the moon in my opinion.

Just a slight zoom on the moon would have revealed moon features and the camera would have adjusted exposure automatically? Even if not, that thing was powerful bright. And then the feed was cut.

ETA: Yes it would be spinning necessarily D. Maybe not fast, but it would have to have some spin and tumble or 2 axis orbit to some degree.
edit on 3-11-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

ETA: Yes it would be spinning necessarily D. Maybe not fast, but it would have to have some spin and tumble or 2 axis orbit to some degree.

Not necessarily to a degree noticeable within the time span it was present, nor necessarily with respect to the ISS. And if the camera was saturated from the brightness a slight deviation might not be noticed at all.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

If it was the moon, surely we would see the earth, too.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

You're joking, aren't you? AREN'T you?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

No. What am I missing? The moon isn't that far away from the earth. If the moon was reflecting the sun from that view, then surely we would see the earth lit up, too.

EDIT: If you could post another ISS pic of the moon from that distance that doesn't show the earth, that would be helpful.
edit on 3-11-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
If the object in question was indeed the moon, then that camera would NOT have needed to do such a drastic ZOOM on it like it did.
That should be quite obvious.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

No. What am I missing? The moon isn't that far away from the earth. If the moon was reflecting the sun from that view, then surely we would see the earth lit up, too.

EDIT: If you could post another ISS pic of the moon from that distance that doesn't show the earth, that would be helpful.

The moon is actually quite far away from the Earth. Here is an actual image that has both the Earth and the Moon in it from a side view.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

The moon is actually quite far away from the Earth. Here is an actual image that has both the Earth and the Moon in it from a side view.

Interesting. That's not what I imagined. The object in the ISS video actually looks a lot like the earth in this photo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join