It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only external force could have broken apart crashed Russian airliner – owner

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
They're looking at metal fatigue around the aft fuselage.

m.sputniknews.com...
edit on 11/3/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Pressurization failure? Remember the JAL 747 back in the 70's. it over-rotated on take-off and damaged the rear pressurization bulkhead. Boeing sent a traveling team to fix it. I heard something about a row of rivets missing on the drawings for the repair leaving the structure in a weakened state. I also heard something about the drawings being transmitted by a fax machine and the row of rivets didn't scan.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

China 611 was the closest. They had something similar and years later the repair failed, and the skin split open, tearing the aircraft apart.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
On the subject of the aircraft being at too high of an altitude for manpads, an easy tactic would be simply to pop-up in a helicopter at the right time and place, then fire out the side door.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I think hijacking is a distinct possibility, especially considering the flight origin.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Didn't this happen in the skies near BENGHAZI?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Didn't this happen in the skies near BENGHAZI?

No.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Where did Isis get helicopters and pilots now?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Does Toyota make helicopters?

I kid, I kid.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

No, but Honda makes planes.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
On the subject of the aircraft being at too high of an altitude for manpads, an easy tactic would be simply to pop-up in a helicopter at the right time and place, then fire out the side door.

Then the back blast from the launcher knocks the helicopter out of the sky. So has anybody spotted a helicopter wreck near the crash site.

I've fired the Redeye, Stinger and Blowpipe MANPADS, trust me you don't want to fire one in a confined space like a helicopter.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The investigation is currently focusing on an engine explosion.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
www.debka.com...

Maybe this is already here. Maybe of interest.......................

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

sounds like the makings of an epic darwin award.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

More like something that a certain coyote would try.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Does Toyota make helicopters?

I kid, I kid.

ISIS?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The investigation is currently focusing on an engine explosion.

While the British PM announces that terrorism seems more likely than not now.
Commentators on British TV media are saying they believe this comes from new intelligence in intercepted communications. Before that, it seemed that terrorism was 'just a possibility'. Previously, at the most made of this possibility - it was as likely as not the cause. It was typically presented as a lesser possibility than technical faults.

So there must be something worth taking seriously.

On the other hand, roles might just be conforming to their types. The Russian airline, of course, insists no accident. The Russian govt., not wanting to alarm their people, of course say terrorism is unlikely. The Egyptians, not wanting to affect their tourism, of course say suggestions of foul play from some sources are just idle propaganda. Meanwhile, David Cameron, who many see as big world mafia successor to Tony Blair and George Bush, true to form, thinks "we could squeeze this one into the War on Terror and, a bonus, crush the British economy further with tourist industry restrictions".

Back on the other hand again, the security investigations and flight restrictions where there are indications this could have been a bomb, show that the British are the only ones taking this as seriously as it deserves. The Russians ought to be doing the same. (Egypt is hardly being thoughtful!) Another possibility is that Russia's own intelligence concurs with the British and USA (who also think terrorism is more likely than not), but has decided there is more benefit in denying this and covering this up.
edit on 5-11-2015 by bw1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I have been to Sharm a few times and what I have seen security wise is not great. It makes you wonder what goes on behind the scenes. The airport staff are not required to go through secuirty as they are in many other airports which is obviously a concern.
The British government seem to think something may of been bought on to the plane by ground staff hence the reason all the passengers baggage is being flown back separately.

There is some reports British spies where alerted 10 months ago to a threat of this nature in Sharm and visited the airport to inspect the secuirty.

While there is even a tiny chance the plane was bought down by a bomb I think the British government are 100% correct to take the action they have.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
BREAKING: Egyptian authorities refuse British rescue flights permission to land. British passengers to be sent back to hotels again. Easyjet say "situation has changed".
edit on 6-11-2015 by ashpack because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2015 by ashpack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join