It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Concealed carry license holder kills armed gunman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

CHICAGO –  An armed man attempting to rob a neighborhood store was shot and killed by a customer who had a concealed carry license, Chicago police said Sunday.

Police: Concealed carry license holder kills armed gunman

I have to be honest here.

There needs to be better recognition for these men/women that actually stop armed gunman before they can commit any crazy acts.

Shout out to the true heroes.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
+1

Maine recently nix'd the requirement for concealed carry. Just waiting for something like this- but I don't see many people taking advantage of the change.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Everyone that is able should take advantage of the situation.

You never know.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

The Chicago / Illinois politicians (DNC) are going to be so pissed off.

After depriving the citizens of Illinois the right to carry, having to be forced kicking and screaming, to have this happen.

How the hell are they going to put the genie back in the bottle if positive CCW stories come out. They are saying to themselves... oh crap, they will learn all that crap we said to prevent people from defending themselves was all lies.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

CCP holder - 1
Criminal - 0
Obama and other gun grab advocates - **crickets**

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
And BEFORE anybody starts defending the criminal ......

Reginald Gildersleeve (criminal history)

2nd story

This meathead shouldn't even have been there in the first place !!!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

While I'm not usually a Fox fan, it definitely deserves pointing out that this article is heading Fox whereas I have not seen it on any of the others. So, good on Fox for doing something all of the major news broadcasters should be doing: pointing out that not all shootings are "bad" and not all gun owners are "bad." Already read the dead criminal's history and I don't feel sorry for him.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

CCP holder - 1
Criminal - 0

for crying out loud..

no one wants to grab guns.. just make laws tougher so every tom dick and harry cant get one when he wants to go on a rampage.

your exaggerating the argument to such a nth degree.

so because there's 1 story in the media about a responsible gun owner killing a robber we should ignore the dozens of mass murders that have occurred at schools, shops, cinema's?

as far as im concerned, America has the society and government it deserves.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Looking at the criminal record of the deceased, I'd say the county and state just saved 6 figures in incarceration costs.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

so because there's 1 story in the media about a responsible gun owner killing a robber we should ignore the dozens of mass murders that have occurred at schools, shops, cinema's?

You hit the nail on the head. You see, you can take all the guns away and the root cause of mass shootings will still remain - that being the socio-economic culture and mental health issues associated with said mass shootings - after all, the majority of pre-meditated (non-gang violence related) shootings are performed by 16-26 year old white males on psychotropics.

sand-head-bury-ignore.......rinse and repeat.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

CCP holder - 1
Criminal - 0

for crying out loud..

no one wants to grab guns.. just make laws tougher so every tom dick and harry cant get one when he wants to go on a rampage.

your exaggerating the argument to such a nth degree.

as far as im concerned, America has the society and government it deserves.

Except Chicago DID grab everyone's guns. So your saying no one wants to is a lie. Top Democrat politicians have flat out stated they want to take them all.

Stop lying.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Except Chicago DID grab everyone's guns.

Who's guns did they grab, exactly? You mean illegal weapons? Is that bad?
www.thetrace.org...

Apparently not everyone's, because a lot have people are being killed with them there.

As far as I can tell, they did make it hard to purchase them locally though.

edit on 11/1/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/1/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

www.thetrace.org...

Apparently not everyone's, because a lot have people are being killed with them there.
The market is saturated. It is not difficult at all to purchase a gun illegally.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

www.thetrace.org...

The market is saturated. It is not difficult at all to purchase a gun illegally.

edit on 1-11-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Maybe the title should read more like..." armed gunman killed by armed gunman ".....Seems to me concealed carry is just a nice way of saying armed gunman....the only difference between the two is one was a good guy and one a bad guy

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Another felon with a gun that found out the hard way that crime does not pay.

Plus the state does not have to pay $30k a year to house him

When will states learn that the best gun laws they can make is one that gives a felon committing a violent crime with a gun life in prison.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They were forced to permit CCW, then they played a game where they wouldn't issue CCW and made everyone jump through hoops.

It was illegal to carry in Illinois for decades. Only the criminals carried around guns. Even now, it is being fought in the courts as they are trying every trick in the book to prevent the citizens from obtaining permits.

www.washingtontimes.com...

When Illinois became the final state to allow its citizens to apply for concealed carry, it applied a loophole that allows local law enforcement to deny permits for any reason. The Cook County Sheriff’s office has said it would like to object to as many concealed carry applicants as it can worry about.

The county’s objections are then passed on to a seven-person state review board, which delays the process and can deny the license. So far the state board has denied more than 800 licenses without any explanation. The denials have prompted almost 200 Illinoisans to file lawsuits against the state police to try to get justification.

“The Cook County sheriff, if you ever had anything on your record ever, he will request a denial,” said Richard Pearson, executive director of the Illinois State Rifle Association. “We have some guys getting denied for having a DWI, having to go to a few hours of rehab as part of their charge, and then having the sheriff come back and say that’s a mental disability and rule against them.”

Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart declined comment when contacted by The Times.

Sonny Brown, a retired part-time police officer who lives in Bellwood, 13 miles west from Chicago’s Inner Loop, admits the probability of being denied in Cook County is a deterrent to some in the inner cities who may want to legally obtain a license.

“Some people have a record, you know. It’s called driving while black,” said Mr. Brown, 66, who has applied for his license and is waiting on its approval. “The politicians don’t care if this saves lives or even consider the fact when concealed carry goes up, violent crime rates go down. All they want to do is stifle our Second Amendment rights.”

articles.chicagotribune.com...

Flood of lawsuits over concealed carry denials
Review board has denied more than 800 applications in secret and without explanation
edit on 2-11-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

www.thetrace.org...

Except Chicago had a gun ban that was ruled unconstitutional.

“Chicago’s ordinance goes too far in outright banning legal buyers and legal dealers from engaging in lawful acquisitions and lawful sales of firearms," Chang wrote in the opinion, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 2-11-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
I don't see how that relates to my post. I asked who's guns were confiscated.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join