It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, NATO vs. Russia War Will Be The End Of Humanity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well, here we go again, ATS! Into the "unavoidable" yet looming prospect of WW3 as the US and NATO are massing large amounts of troops along the Russian border while Russia is involved in its campaign in Syria.

“They [Washington and its allies] are clearly preparing to fight a war with Russia, and they are not only preparing to fight it at the old battle lines, but at Russia’s door, while they talk about Russia provoking,” Don DeBar, the political analyst, said during an interview with Press TV on Thursday.

The analyst’s comments come after the U.S. announced plans to deploy 4,000 troops close to Russia’s borders while Russia conducts its military operations in Syria, bombing U.S.-backed rebels.

On Wednesday, The Wall Street Journal reported that some 4,000 NATO combat troops will be stationed in countries bordering Russia. In Poland and the Baltic states of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania, there will be roughly 800 to 1,000 soldiers stationed amid the coldest tensions between Moscow and Washington since the end of the Cold War. The move has a high chance to escalate the risk of a war in Europe and a military confrontation between the world’s two largest nuclear powers: the U.S. and Russia.

The article goes on to say that China will most likely join Russia in a battle vs the US/ NATO and, I think N. Korea will want in too . While I don't always jump onto articles claiming doom and gloom, there is that little detail of that huge troop deployment around Russia. There's a whole lotta Nukes in the world and it won't take many to make the world in-habitable for a long time. Are we finally headed down that path? What says ATS?

www.valuewalk.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Russia is seen nothing more than a threat to Western Interests, and so there is that "Russian Aggression Card" they pull out every so often, to provoke the Kremlin to do something silly militarily.

But so far Russia has done nothing wrong so far to have a full scale invasion by US led NATO forces. Like any other threats to Russia, PUTIN will not react until the Western Allies shoot at the Russians first.

The recent US led war games conducted proved that NATO allies were unable to defend a simulated Russian Invasion Exercise along the Russian boarders.

So more reason to beef up military presence in that area.
edit on 1-11-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
No.

China won't ally with anyone in a war unless it becomes self defense ie someone invades China.

North Korea are a bunch of fools who are so ignorant that they wouldn't last a week outside the Korean peninsula. All they can do is point a few badly made missiles and push fire.

Russia is being fenced in by NATO and it is understandably getting upset. NATO / American aggression is driving all of this.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
All over again. The same mind meld as during the Vietnam Era. The Soviets and Chinese vs. US in protracted proxy war, with the threat of The Bomb hanging over every ones head.

It was more scary back then, they tested Doomsday Klaxons on the last Friday of every month.

This is what they sounded like.
For five minutes, then one long all clear blast. We were told if we didn't hear the all clear, it was for real.

What a mind job on us kids, back then.

Nowadays we have the internet to scare the same Doomsday crap into all of us.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
im beginning to give the same validity to the WWIII forums as i do the 'DREAMS AND PREDICTIONS' forums.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
No.

China won't ally with anyone in a war unless it becomes self defense ie someone invades China.

North Korea are a bunch of fools who are so ignorant that they wouldn't last a week outside the Korean peninsula. All they can do is point a few badly made missiles and push fire.

Russia is being fenced in by NATO and it is understandably getting upset. NATO / American aggression is driving all of this.

China currently has fighter jets in Syria dropping bombs along side the Russians...It's good training when you have live targets...

China is sending ships to the Mediterranean...Iran has ships on their way there as well...Could get ugly real soon...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Unfortunately this is true. While the idea that the next world War may happen in my lifetime is an idea I must humor, most threads in the WWIII forum are far less severe than most newspaper headlines showed in the cold war. There is a large game of chess happening right now and I find it doubtful we see a large conflict from this in the short term future. Interesting to follow but wow the threads.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

No.

China currently has fighter jets in Syria dropping bombs along side the Russians...It's good training when you have live targets...

China is sending ships to the Mediterranean...Iran has ships on their way there as well...Could get ugly real soon...

Chinese jets in Syria??? Since when??? Please provide some links, never heard that before, since I started following the news in Syria.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Doubt to see links on that, the China we know typically flies solo. They are a country with little threat from Islamic extremism so I'd find it curious to waste resources on something that could backfire. Especially when they are not too popular in the south Pacific at the moment.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973
I think its safe to say you or nobody really knows what china would do

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

No.

China is sending ships to the Mediterranean…Iran has ships on their way there as well…Could get ugly real soon…
If all thats true, US is going to back off. They didn't think anyone would oppose them, so far they've been right. Different game now.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I remember those here in the NE of England as a child. I lived in a large shipbuilding town and we all knew we would be high on the Soviets list of targets.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

China has so far not declared any military operations in Syria, it's just rumors. The Chinese foreign minister did however mention about China 's vouching for a diplomatic resolution and humanitarian support for the Syrian Crisis in earlier reports.

News Source

BEIJING, Nov. 1 (Xinhua) -- China on Sunday reiterated that it supported a political resolution to the Syria crisis, following a multilateral meeting on the issue on Friday in Vienna, Austria.

Some major countries and regional players, including China, Russia, the United States, Iran and Saudi Arabia, were present in Vienna. After hours of talks, it was agreed that a diplomatic process should be initiated.

On Sunday, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Hua Chunying spoke about some of the positive results, specifically mentioning a joint statement released after the meeting, and applauded the united effort by the international community.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: PheonixReborn
a reply to: intrptr

I remember those here in the NE of England as a child. I lived in a large shipbuilding town and we all knew we would be high on the Soviets list of targets.

Uh huh, they made sure children were all educated by the bomb.

Dastardly cowards.

Point being I think, they didn't blow up the whole world then, just hapless little parts of it. They aren't going to do it now, either. The chess game is who controls the most resources, territory and population without destroying everything.

Damn greedy control freaks.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Anyone who can veto in the UN would surely comment on global affairs. Sometimes one would comment with strong words, like a red line not yo be crossed in Syria Haha, I've yet to see a big reaction from us after that line was crossed for good. That being said let Russia take it over Haha. The years of us not taking the blame or debt for that would be glorious.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I joined the USAF during the Cold War, and EVERYTHING we did was with the Soviet threat in mind. Our life expectancy, in W. Europe was measured in minutes if a conflict arose. We are now living in far more dangerous times. Our isolation from the Soviets, in some regard was our shield. Now, there is zero isolation from anyone. What the Russians can't decrypt on our military networks, they will now glean by searching social media.

We are far more vulnerable than ever. Our military-industrial complex... the elephant in the room that we have been paying for for decades.... I believe is about to be seriously tested. I hope our tax dollars went to something worthwhile, otherwise we are... well... screwed.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Even if you had a complete nuclear war between Russia and the US or anybody against anybody,m it would not mean the "end of humanity." It might be the "End of the Modern Era as We Know It." but humanity would survive.

Hyperbole does you no favors. It suspends your credibility.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
A whole 4000 troops? Wow. Russia better be shaking in their boots.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OhOkYeah

A pawn in the chess game, a lone pawn on the other side of the board. It's viewed as rhetoric I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
People keep saying China would back Russia I find that hard to believe as they hold a very large chunk of our national debt, I think they have a vested interest in keeping us around to help prop up their economy.

With the United states being a sonsumer nation with most of our products coming from China, Korea and Vietnam among others if we were to fall the global economy would also fall and tthat my friends is good for no one. Well except Russia who keeps there hands to themselves and would then be able to claim world domination as they would have one of the few viable economies left.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join