It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did God do on the 8th Day?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
First 6 days were mere planning, where the words "created" mean "came up with an idea" and "made" means planned the completion of the idea. However, nothing was "formed" until Genesis 2, where we have a completely different scenario. The first 6 days were given the description "the evening and the morning were" to signify that they were similar to our 24 hour cycle (assuming everything remains the same today as then, which of course it does not necessarily do (aka uniformitarianism). The 7th day did not have an evening and a morning, therefore the seventh day may be continuous through today as far as we know, hence no 8th day.
Hope that helps.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: onehuman

It's the middle of day 6, he isn't done creating man.

He will rest on day 7 with us. Day 7 is graduation day for mankind.

John 5:17
In his defense Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working."

Yep, though we can enter his rest aka the seventh day now by walking through or past the veil of flesh. It's like the priests not being able to wear garments of anything but linen into the temple.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Likely committed suicide because he knew he created a complete waste.

That or beat his wife...

But I don't believe the story anyways so I'm just putting it out there.
:pub

One more reason it's okay I beat women, drink too much, and smear poo in the local church:.....
It's crap to begin with

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
On The 8th Day... God... The Almighty... Thought To Himself... Whilst Eve And Adam... Thought Much Of Him. When It's Too Late... It's Too Late.

BTW: I Think He Regrets Things Sometimes...

Apple's Cleverness Never Does Warn Us Of Stupid And Irrational Choices... Thus Good And Evil And Knowing. Like God Indeed.
edit on 2-11-2015 by Pinocchio because: I Regret Saying That....

edit on 2-11-2015 by Pinocchio because: I Regret It!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Money? no?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What did god do on the 8th day?

He died.

The end.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
On the contrary.
As I mentioned above, he was raised from the dead on "the eighth day of creation".
That is, on the day following the seventh.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If we were to make ignorant statements as some of you are and insulting to Christians on let's say Homosexuality. This thread would be moved to the trash thread.

Funny how it is ok to bash anything Christian.

Seems this whole thread was just set up for bashing.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
If we were to make ignorant statements as some of you are and insulting to Christians on let's say Homosexuality. This thread would be moved to the trash thread.

Funny how it is ok to bash anything Christian.

Seems this whole thread was just set up for bashing.

The day god tells us that his feelings are hurt and we should stop, we shall consider it.

Thing is, it's hard for fictional characters to represent themselves legally. At least homosexuals can manage that much.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It's nice to post a thread and come back to some great answers. As I expected, it would be a mix of answers.
Some funny, some maybe not so funny to others, and also educational.

I don't know if anyone noticed in my OP, I did my best to refrain from giving God any sexuality. I wanted to keep that neutral as possible. Certainly made me careful with my wording as it is so easy to just say he. Personally for me, I don't think that's the case, but that is for another time.

I hardly think this was set up for a bashing as someone mentioned. Quite contrare actually. We have had the Torah mentioned as long as other references. I was actually hoping to hear from other religions. They may not even have the whole 7 day thing. I don't know, I am not a big follower of religions. I was interested in the different symbolisims though, because I think it may tie into something that was known long ago that got changed over time by greedy man to fit his power needs. What some may call magic now may have been as simple as putting your shoes on many millinna ago.
Quite frankly, I don't think anyone really knows the true answer, but I do think there are hints to things still left around, and again, that is why I am intrigued with some of the responses referring to the symbolisims.
Then again, God could have very well hooked up with Andrew, lost the round and keep his part of the bet and made Andrew a Saint

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
As a Christian I am offended by many of the posts.

They are belittling to my God.

You think because he doesn't do or say anything he does not exist.

Your are wrong.

But Like I said I am offended by the ignorant and belittling remarks and if it were done against any other group it would be hate speech.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

The Bible is very clear what happened on the 8th day. You just don't believe it so the only reason for this whole thread is to MOCK.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The Bible is very clear what happened on the 8th day. You just don't believe it so the only reason for this whole thread is to MOCK.

Yeah, sorry, only the righteous can mock because they have earned the right as the oppressed and persecuted. Right?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Maybe I wouldn't be so offended if you had put it in the Joke Puns and pranks thread. At least then those of us with Faith would know for sure it was all for fun.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Maybe I wouldn't be so offended if you had put it in the Joke Puns and pranks thread. At least then those of us with Faith would know for sure it was all for fun.

Maybe it's that whole "oh you can't poke fun!" attitude that makes people want to poke fun. Loosen that tie a bit, you're turning blue.

As a Christian I am offended by many of the posts.

They are belittling to my God.

You think because he doesn't do or say anything he does not exist.

Your are wrong.

But Like I said I am offended by the ignorant and belittling remarks and if it were done against any other group it would be hate speech.

There is a very simple solution to that problem: let him descend from the heavens and kick some ass. Can't legally defend someone who doesn't exist and if they don't press charges, can't help that either.

But maybe it's the absence of said solution that you resent being reminded of.

edit on 2-11-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

no, the fact is this, you and many like you here are very anti-christian. Whenever a serious discussion arises (if this thread ever was serious) on the Bible or anything Christian, you all start in with your banter and abject crudeness that belittles the faith of others.

If we were to do that about Homosexuals, Science so called like Global Warming, or any other of your pet ideas and groups, you would be calling use ignorant haters, calling for us to be banned form ATS.

There just isn't any civil conversations about religion without the non religious using hate speech and crude humor to shame and defame those of faith.

edit on 2-11-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
when he does descend you wont believe it is him because you will believe the lie, the great delusion.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I'm not the topic and neither are you. The topic is "what did god do on the 8th day". It's a creative exercise in the freedom of speech. Go ahead and exhibit your ignorance regarding science all you like, but just remember, the rest of ATS will be here to correct you.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

yet not one of you interjected any revelent answer to a serious question.

If this was to be all fun and puns then it should be moved to that thread not one that reflects a honest question and answered with offensive views and abject crudeness of speech.

The thread is not about science do you always read science into a religious forum?
edit on 2-11-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

yet not one of you interjected any revelent answer to a serious question.

If this was to be all fun and puns then it should be moved to that thread not one that reflects a honest question and answered with offensive views and abject crudeness of speech.

The thread is not about science do you always read science into a religious forum?

There isn't an actual answer to the question, so why not have fun with it? Because you don't like it?

Come up with an actual answer that we can verify and publish in scientific American and then we will have something to work with besides the funny pages.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join