It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did God do on the 8th Day?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Let me make it clear now that I don't think I have ever posted nor responded in this forum, though I have been known to read it if a title had caught my eye. I have seen opinions posted from way more than a two sided coin, which brings me to my topic now.

I was just sitting still and resting for a few minutes when my idle mind popped up with this question:

" If God created all that was done during the first 6 days, and rested on the 7th day, what exactly do you propose God did on the 8th day?"

The reason Im putting this forward basically is out of curiosity. Also because of the fact that we have such a mixed batch of different religions amongst our members and Im curious as to just how many different answers and similar answers there may be. Not to mention something may resonate also being a possibility.

Certainly not here to argue with anybody, just curious about different teachings really. Religion has never really been my strong suit as I basically talk to trees and wildlife.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

THERE you are!!!! LOL!

He partied, of course!!!
On the beautiful beach he created....

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Likely committed suicide because he knew he created a complete waste.

That or beat his wife...

But I don't believe the story anyways so I'm just putting it out there.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

He made it so good he had to destroy it with an asteroid.

Or…

He went and made more somewhere else.

I prefer they went and terraformed somewhere else. After all, we are made in their image, or some such.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
He started planning the punishments.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The 8th day isn't over yet.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I have a fiction book that says that on the 8th day God created cats to treat humans the same way that we treat God.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
He did what he wanted to do. He's God.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Perhaps God has to keep on creating the seven days in a time-loop.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Lol yes, here I am. Find me in some of the oddest places sometimes eh? I like the beach idea

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
He created an Arnie clone...

No wait...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'm not trying to sound blasphemous, but the eighth day was Sunday and God probably listened to the gratitude from his creations for existing.
I think Saturday is supposed to be the day of rest and Saturday is named after Saturn which represents, Obstacles, limitations, binding, knowledge, death buildings, history, time, structures. Sunday, named after the Sun represents, Joy, success, advancement, leadership, natural power, friendship, growth, healing, light and pride. These meanings are from, Starhawk's book, The Spiral Dance, but can be found almost anywhere.
So yeah, God didn't give us the names of the days or did He?
Sunday being a joyful day maybe God was happy.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013

Perhaps God has to keep on creating the seven days in a time-loop.

That could be a possibility I think. Might explain how some things die away and new things come into being or evolve into being, or maybe even time slips some people seem to have.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I think he went fishing and totally forgot about us. With any luck he will go "Oh krikey I forgot about those human thingies I made! I wonder how they are doing?" Then he'll come back realize we totally botched up and fix it.

Actually I put more faith in aliens stopping by and showing us how to make things right.

In other words....We're screwed!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

hmmm, it has always been my understanding from a handful of religions anyway, that rest was taken on the 7th day. Obviously Im not going to assume just which day God started their work week.

I did like the couple nods to the planets you gave a nod too though

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

It's the middle of day 6, he isn't done creating man.

He will rest on day 7 with us. Day 7 is graduation day for mankind.

John 5:17
In his defense Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working."

edit on 1-11-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Rest does not mean he took a break to recuperate - he did not tire in creation. He ceased creating (rested / ceased work) on the 7th day so that his work could produce.

As another user posted, the 8th day of creation has not come yet.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
He made a farmer (Adam & Eve)...

edit on 1-11-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

he had a brew.....

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
a reply to: peppycat

hmmm, it has always been my understanding from a handful of religions anyway, that rest was taken on the 7th day. Obviously Im not going to assume just which day God started their work week.

I did like the couple nods to the planets you gave a nod too though

I start getting all confused because people consider Sunday to be the day of rest and go to many Churches on Sunday and also insist in not working on Sunday. Saturday being the seventh day also throws me off because I always think of it as a work and or chore day. So, Sunday being the first day of the week, it would also be the eighth day of creation. But really, I guess God just named the days as the order of numbers and then mankind named the days of the week according to the planets. This is too much right now, but got my mind working so thanks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join