It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dictator for the day.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
My country would be one acre.

I would mind my own business.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

The only consequences are low blood pressure and reduction in anger.

I need my cigarettes.
It's a necessary evil.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The only rule I would have is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" with death the only punishment for abusing your rights to live and let live.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
Legalise cannabis, but regulate it so that it can only be grown bought and sold with a licence. Licenses will only be given to those with no history of substance misuse.

I would make smoking illegal, and ban all tobacco, e-cigarettes and inhalers. I would also ban alcohol, with mandatory community service for those caught in possession of or alcohol or even with alchocol in their blood. 11 months in a labour camp as punishment.

So you would end one war on drugs and start another one while taxing the others.

It's worked well so far. Just like the war on poverty and the war on homelessness.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Those are the consequences you have allowed yourself to percieve. There are others but they require a change of attitude towards your life and your emotions before you can perceive them.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

One is a medicine the other is a poison. Big difference.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

If I was dictator, I wouldn't do anything outside the democratic process.

I believe the knowledge of all men combined is greater then the ideas of any one man, or even one small group of men.

edit on 1-11-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

What if it was proven everyone was actually born yesterday?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Okay, I can't help myself. Your username is nonjudgmentalist? What a misnomer!!! It should be simply "Your Judge", or "The Judge" or "My way or the highway", or even "da judge". Eleven months in prison for drinking a beer?

*Slams down the gavel! Eleven months hard labor. You'll think twice before popping the top on another Budweiser!
Signed sincerely for your own good. da Judge. *

Lol! Are you Pat Robertson? Or the ghost of Osama bin Laden?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
a reply to: Isurrender73

What if it was proven everyone was actually born yesterday?

Then I would educate them. Because I don't want that type of power without the consent of the citizens.

But I have made many threads on the type of government that I would like to see. Think Bering Sanders with no central banks and a wage cap.
edit on 1-11-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
But seriously! (Cause I was just funning you with that other stuff.)

If I was going to be dictator for only one day, I'd just give everybody the day off. We'd call it "Dictator's Holiday".

Most definitely it's what I would do.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Go on live TV and the internet and announce that UFO's are interdimensional and are in fact us from the future and have all technology available to eliminate poverty and disease and the use of fossil fuels.

I would say to the people of the world that the reason they haven't overtly made themselves known is because all world leaders, elite bloodlines and royalty have made a deal with a rogue element who has also come from the future in advance of the peaceful ones to suppress this information in exchange for a life of power and luxury.

I would announce that the rogue element from the future created all religious texts as a control mechanism with the knowledge that they knew the future and were therefore able to predict it with 100% accuracy.

I would also announce that tomorrow, these same elites may come on live TV and internet saying that what I said was a lie.....so I would tell people that I am in fact telling the truth.

Lastly I would tell everyone to not harm another soul in the pursuit of happiness and that if they take collective action to remove all rogue elements from the earth then the peaceful humans from the future will manifest themselves with their promises - thus changing the timeline forever.

Then I would grab popcorn and watch what happens.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Too strict on meat, sugar and alcohol for me. Besides everything has sugar. And "force parents", that's too strict. I'd introduce family values through structure and events, but not "force". Personally I'd legalize drugs with heavy regulation as the drugs get harder, create a maximum wage limit that is lower than the wage of CEO's today, repeal any domestic spying acts such as the PATRIOT Act. I'd limit the liberalism the world has in terms of sexuality and overhaul the foreign policy.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'd make someone cook for me because I haven't had a home cooked meal in a very very long time. Nothing else. For a change, I'd allow the world to sort out its own problems.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
At least my ideas had true merit... 24 hours without Miley Cyrus was a no-brainer... humankind would benefit greatly...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I would ban all forms of currency, give mostly everyone local jobs, and make the fruits of our labor free to all of our citizens.

I would end homelessness, poverty, and hunger.

I would legalize all drugs, but I wouldn't require anyone to produce them. Grow your own, knock yourself out, just don't try to use them as currency. Same goes for alcohol and tobacco.

I would make all this possible by requiring 30 years of civil service from all citizens. The standard work week would be 3 eight our shifts a week, each day you miss is tacked on to your retirement date and each extra day worked comes off of your retirement date. Additional time bonuses will be awarded to people who are able to eliminate jobs in their field through innovation and automation.

It would be alot for folks to swallow in one day though.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

What nonsense.
Please think about this,would it not be better to implement something that would do real good? Set better foreign policies or something?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Dictator for a day

I'd get rid of the idea of dictatorship all together, and promote democracy.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
I would ban all forms of currency, give mostly everyone local jobs, and make the fruits of our labor free to all of our citizens.

I would end homelessness, poverty, and hunger.

I would legalize all drugs, but I wouldn't require anyone to produce them. Grow your own, knock yourself out, just don't try to use them as currency. Same goes for alcohol and tobacco.

I would make all this possible by requiring 30 years of civil service from all citizens. The standard work week would be 3 eight our shifts a week, each day you miss is tacked on to your retirement date and each extra day worked comes off of your retirement date. Additional time bonuses will be awarded to people who are able to eliminate jobs in their field through innovation and automation.

It would be alot for folks to swallow in one day though.

Why would anyone want to work in your little dystopia?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Why would anyone want to work in your little dystopia?

Why wouldn't you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join