It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hachi: A Dog's Tale...(feel like crying?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Do you ever feel the changing of seasons makes you sad? Need to release some tender emotion? If your the type of person too macho to cry, do not watch, Hachi: A Dog's Tale.
Animals are smarter than we will ever know and so filled with the capability to love, any animal lover knows this.
Hachi: A Dog's tale is based on a real life scenario that occurred in Japan.
Here is link to more information,
www.imdb.com...

Want to feel sad in only ten seconds?
Watch this,

Give your animals a hug today and everyday.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

That's strange, because I had a good cry this morning about the dog we lost in April. It just hit me. This change of the season and changing our clocks always messes me up a little.

I watched Hatchi because some dog friends said it was soooo good! Bah! It bummed me out SO much!! I mean, I like a good cry now and then, but knowing that story was true was almost too much to take! I REALLY wish I didn't know that story. Anyway...

I saw another movie called "White God". It's a foreign movie and takes place in Budapest. Mixed breed dogs are treated as trash and a family who owns one is highly taxed, so a poor girl has to give up her mutt. I LOVED it, but my husband hated it. He says because there was some dog fighting and it wasn't a very happy movie. But I think it's because there were no space ships, ray guns, or large-breasted women (j/k).

The film follows the mixed-breed dog Hagen, who moves with his 13-year old guardian Lili into the home of Lili's estranged father. Unwilling to pay a harsh "mongrel" fine imposed by the government, Lili's father abandons Hagen. Determined to find Lili again, Hagen soon attracts a pack of 250 half-breed followers who start an organised uprising against their human oppressors.
Source

I heard an interview with the woman who trained the main dog (Hagan), who was actually played by two dogs. She went into detail about how they did the various scenes so I wasn't bothered by the fighting, because I knew what was really happening. It's NOT a comedy, because the dog has some rough times on the street, but it's good!

I don't think the dog in that video is crying. Looks like some kind of respiratory issue. He's got something caught in his throat or has asthma or something.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic My condolences on your dear pet's passing.
The first time I saw Hachi, I had only caught the second half, but I balled my eye's out. It put my faith in meeting our beloved pets on the other side though, the way they had played out the scene of Hachi finally seeing his human again.
When I was little, my father told me animals don't have souls and my instinct was to argue that "Yes they do!'' and didn't take in his Catholic belief one bit.
Thank you for your reply and also your movie recommendation. It sounds like a movie I have to prepare my self for a little bit as watching the dogs fight might be hard for me right now.
The changing weather has me trying to sort out every different emotion. Autumn is definitely a time to reflect inward as the Earth is also slowly withdrawing inward, getting ready to conserve her energy for Winter.
Peace and good care BE

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ya it was a very sad movie...but definitely a good watch!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Everyone cries when they see the movie. Part of it was filmed here in my town, the one with Richard Gere in it. Wonderful and touching movie! People should never underestimate the power of an animal and his capacity for love.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star The town or towns they filmed the movie in seemed to have beautiful scenery. Did you get to see any of the cast? I would have loved to meet an Akita dog. I really liked how the breed is said to choose it's owner, but that's just my inner cat thinking.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: Night Star The town or towns they filmed the movie in seemed to have beautiful scenery. Did you get to see any of the cast? I would have loved to meet an Akita dog. I really liked how the breed is said to choose it's owner, but that's just my inner cat thinking.

I only saw the dog and whoever was watching it at the time. LOL

new topics

top topics

join