It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

topic: list of replies to posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
ok ATS i have never felt the need to comment on a change to the site because i find it enjoyable and easy to navigate . but i have recently come to see one major flaw that i hope could be easily addressed.

i would like to see a list of replies added to posts so if i see a post on say page one i can see what replies it has gotten without reading 9 pages to find out if my post is redundant or not.

this seems to happen a lot . maybe there is already a way to see if a post has been replied to that i have missed?

hopefully this would cut down on bandwith as well . i see so many posters replying to an op with the same thing over and over.i try not to post if what i think has already been stated but who knows if it has without reading the entire thread.

if im confusing anyone ill try to be clearer in my replies just let me know what you dont get

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut
How would that work? There are often different replies to 1 post, different in view. Viewing a list would be the same as viewing all the posts. Unless you just want to avoid all posts already replied to other than the OP? Not sure how that could be done.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Simply put, if someone says xyz and someone has replied to that quote, you want a way to filter it.

Its a good idea, I have often used the find feature in my browser on each page to find responses to other peoples responses

Another great feature would be for people to vote if a comment is thin in its response such as "I agree", "s&f for later" etc... Then have an option to see the thread with only responses that have a star or some process like that. The thread can always bee shown as normal but when a user wants to condense it down to only the most interesting posts then they have the option to do so. In huge thread of hundreds of pages this would be amazing.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
something like this

with a mouseover that looks like this

so you can mouse over the name and the post pops up

sorry for the quick shop and i hope that clears up what im talking about a little. and this shouldnt be to hard of a change i dont think . maybe an expert can chime in

edit on pm1120153006America/ChicagoSun, 01 Nov 2015 18:31:26 -0600_11000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

top topics

join