It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police Want To Legally Be Able To Read Everyone’s Internet Search History Under New Plan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I would like it mandatory that all communications, even at home, in restaurants, like the ones now with camera's and mikes at your table, on computer, emails, and history, of all our elected leaders, judges, anyone in a responsible job, should be saved and analyzed by legal aids working for the people.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is outrageous.

This is also blatant gamesmanship.

The tools ALREADY exist to allow the police to do their jobs effectively. It is not a lack of information which causes the worst failures of the police service to protect the public and enforce law. Funding for beat policing, funding for proper training for tens of thousands more officers, and for keeping stations open and feet on the street, these will make a difference. The police have a human resources problem, not a technology problem.

The law enforcement services have more access than they need by a long way, but too few people working beats, and that is the ONLY change that needs making at the police level. GCHQ and the intelligence services already have all the data they could ever hope to have, and much of it far more probative than a mere search history check. Key loggers, backdoors, and a direct access to the undersea trunk cables which carry all the data from one side of the ocean to the other, give them everything they need to get the job done, especially when that job is to erode and destroy the rights of people to have privacy and protection from a government which considers the innocent to be criminal until proven otherwise.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien
Of course it can ,but you try and prove it in a court of law that this was what happened to your personal computer. Also the power the authorities will have to search ISPs against an ordinary citizen your defence of hacking will melt like snow in the rain. You must also know the law "ignorance(or percieved ignorance) is no defence", so you can't say "I didn't know cos I was hacked" because it will be not accepted.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Never caught the fiddlers, eh? Well this'll teach you all….proof that the best defense is a good offense. They call that 'war'.

England...Do not send them over here, when they get sent away. We're sort of saturated, and we were not a little desperately hoping that you'd accept some of ours...

States here. That's all I have to say.

Note to OP: Thank you.
Flag feature is disabled here, before and after restart.
Will return with update.

Flag feature still disabled after 'refresh'. Stars are failing to chart, and the machine is being occupied to the point of overheating.

It is a bold step, and has been for some time, to do this.

Star, and flag, I mean.

ETA: Crayzeed's post at 12:45 PM Nov 2 2015 is not being shown on the 'recent posts' page, for the record. I have screen captures.

I had to dig hard to find this thread, which showed no activity over the 24 hour limit on ATS's auto scroll feed. I looked carefully, scrolled twice. The search engine responded with 'to read search history' as key words, hence, I relocated this thread which I failed to bookmark yesterday.

Moreover, such as I have never seen, after posting, or editing, the thread returns to the top of page 1. Very unusual. It does this repeatedly, perhaps an 'auto glitch' that insures the words never see daylight.

# 538
edit on 2-11-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

the only thing it proves is that someone accessed the data,it might have been a visitor to my address or a hacker.
its not proof i searched anything.
edit on 2-11-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

oh and its quite easy to not let your isp see what your doing,go to 8chans baphomet hacking group to learn how to stop your isp from tracking you.
edit on 2-11-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Just think better and read more information, you sound very naive.
No offences.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join