It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need help with a problem

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Long story short, my friend and his partners bed was shaking-and before you asked this is a not a ghost story and they were not doing what some of you are think they were doing.

Apparently there has been a number of strange occurrences in their home of late-rapping on windows, loud banging and I was dismissive almost instantly (I believe I called it Halloween Sickness) , however my skeptical friend is adamant that his bed had a mind of it's own and he turned to me in the hope I had a logical answer. I suggested Hypnagogic or hypnapompic sensations or maybe even seismic activity, but both had felt the same sensations.

I'm not looking for an enabler that'll tell me that this is something paranormal, I'm looking to exhaust all possible logical explanations before turning to the unexplained. Has anyone experienced this and is it something mundane that can put my friends at ease?
edit on 1-11-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Interesting! Did you know that they have been developing sound holograms that can move objects (true science). When I was reading about it I was drawn to thinking of the poltergeist phenomenon. What if these entities are made of a sound frequency of some sort? Food for thought?

'Tractor beam' grabs beads with sound waves (BBC NEWS)

edit on 1-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

After you've exhausted all non paranormal avenues, then PM me. Good Luck.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

It's funny that you mention that.

I did some research for my friend and I stumbled across Infrasound and how it can be attributed to ghost sightings and hallucinations, but in this case it was physical and I imagine that sound that cannot be heard cannot shake a bed.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Unfortunately, exhausting all of one one side, doesn't necessarily make the other side more valid. Even if it were something paranormal, we don't know any ways to prove that whatever it is is paranormal. It could very well be that their bed sits in the spot on Earth that has a weakened state of structure, colliding with another dimension. The possibilities become infinite when the only thing left, perceivably, is unfalsifiable.

Also, without any more details, we'd all be shooting in the dark for your answers. could it not be simply expansion/contraction of the bed material (we don't know what material it's made out of), could it not be the same for the floor? (we don't know what material it's made out of) Does the age of the house mean anything to this issue ((we don't know the age of the house)

So on and so forth. It's difficult to be detectives when we aren't at the scene and able to see things that could make all the difference.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Did he do anything to pissoff the neighbors? Someone at work? What is his professional background...Look there.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

could it not be simply expansion/contraction of the bed material

I suggested that, but it doesn't make a bed shake-groan maybe, but not shake.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

rapping on windows, loud banging

Not an expert but it sounds like a poltergeist.

(Well, you did post in the paranormal section - what were you expecting?)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Did he do anything to pissoff the neighbors? Someone at work? What is his professional background...Look there.

So true. His co workers could've driven ten miles in the middle of the night just to shake his bed.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I would lean toward seismic activity myself. If they were both half asleep the sensation could seem exaggerated; I've felt that before and there is a primal sense that your bed is not supposed to move but it is, and even a little movement when you're groggy is really freaky. It was a small earth quake that didn't even knock anything over but it sure felt like the bed was a-shakin and rockin'. My two cents.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

So true. His co workers could've driven ten miles in the middle of the night just to shake his bed.

I'm not sure what you're looking for out of us. You've given us virtually no details, demand logical explanations based off of no details at all. You're forcing us to reach for unlikely scenarios and then sarcastically address them when they are made?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

It's just speculation....now you are getting all defensive.

Is it really your friends problem...or YOURS?

That snarky response, points to something more....
edit on 1-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm not saying this is definitely the cause but...

When I was younger i used to think we had earthquakes all the time. I lived in southern california so it wasn't a rare occurrence to feel an earthquake.

Anyway when i was like 16 I started feeling my bed shake very slightly, i thought they were very small earthquakes for about two years.

Then I started reading about astral projection. People described having "vibrations" before having an OBE.
I put the two together and the next time i thought we were having an earthquake I told myself it is actually vibrations before an OBE.

Turned out it was, the minute i focused on trying to increase the vibrations it worked, my body started vibrating super fast and i heard a very loud high pitch noise in my head, I kept increasing this vibration until it felt physically violent. I then popped out of my body, I literally felt my soul pop out of my body, I was standing in my room next to my sleeping body looking at it.

Thats when I realized even though everything felt very physical, it was all happening purely mentally.

With all these random OBE stories and sleep paralysis stories happening more often, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what your friend is experiencing.

Supposedly the earth is entering a much more energetic part of space where these types of things are going to happen more and more.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

We only hear sound down to about 18 Hz, even if it is extremely loud.

This infrasound is sometimes perceived as shaking, but only at the lower frequency end of the scale.

Something like a truck engine could potentially resonate within a hard-walled closed space (like a hall or tunnel) and produce significant infrasound volume - enough to cause things to move and shake - all without any audible component.

However, the energy required to move things is quite high. To achieve that level of infrasound one would require resonance, allowing lesser sound pressure to build up in power.

There is something called Cymatics which distributes particles (like sand) in patterns across a vibrating surface. This could be used as a test to see if infrasonic vibrations are occurring. A little dry sand or salt spread across a smooth flat surface, especially one that can vibrate, will begin to show geomteric patterns or ripples if infrasound is present.

edit on 1/11/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Rapping on windows and loud noises and a shaky bed. Now we need to discover what could cause all of these things, not just the shaking bed.

How long has the couple lived in that house and when did the strange things start happening? What is the history of the home? Has anything different been brought into the home, something antique or second hand?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Throughout my life, several times a year, since as long as I can remember (I am 41 years old), I have had the experience/sensation that someone/something is grabbing my bed frame, usually from the foot end, and shaking it violently but in a fixed frequency for about 5-10 seconds at a time and then it stops... Normally it occurs when I´m about to fall asleep or just when I am about to weak up, myself categorize it under "sleep paralysis", although I consider myself not very knowledgeable withing this subject (sleep paralysis)... It does not affect me in my daily life at all, it is just something that I experience several times yearly...

I don´t have an answer to your question OP, but I am very interested in the reply´s from people here on ATS that might be more knowledge in the subject.

Much love!!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

So, their bed shakes, there are rapping sounds, and banging? Are the sounds all possibly external to the house? How hard does the bed shake? If it's not a lot, I'd seriously suggest having the structure checked for integrity, just to be safe. Knowing if there is any seismic activity in the area, or a possibility of a sinkhole, isn't a bad idea, either. Lying in bed, one would more likely notice very small movements of that sort. When there was a quake a few years back, in the morning, I actually felt a very faint tremor, while in bed. I looked online and saw it was about the time of the quake. I don't think I'd have noticed had I been moving around. So, checking for possible issues geologically, and structurally, would be the best first step. That wouldn't explain the rapping and banging, but those sounds could be unrelated.

For those, cameras in the areas most likely to be the locations wouldn't hurt. If it's local kids or something, they could find out that way. Having the pipes checked isn't a bad idea, either, as those can make some serious noise at times. Anything that could be banging in the wind, branches too close to windows or walls, etc., are other things that could be checked.

Once all of that is done, your friends should have a better idea how to proceed.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sometimes when big trucks come down the road in the back of the house it can shake my whole house and bed. Maybe check for construction work going around the house too. Depending on the tools they use I would check about a mile each way.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

So, their bed shakes, there are rapping sounds, and banging? Are the sounds all possibly external to the house? How hard does the bed shake? If it's not a lot, I'd seriously suggest having the structure checked for integrity, just to be safe. Knowing if there is any seismic activity in the area, or a possibility of a sinkhole, isn't a bad idea, either. Lying in bed, one would more likely notice very small movements of that sort. When there was a quake a few years back, in the morning, I actually felt a very faint tremor, while in bed. I looked online and saw it was about the time of the quake. I don't think I'd have noticed had I been moving around. So, checking for possible issues geologically, and structurally, would be the best first step. That wouldn't explain the rapping and banging, but those sounds could be unrelated.

For those, cameras in the areas most likely to be the locations wouldn't hurt. If it's local kids or something, they could find out that way. Having the pipes checked isn't a bad idea, either, as those can make some serious noise at times. Anything that could be banging in the wind, branches too close to windows or walls, etc., are other things that could be checked.

Once all of that is done, your friends should have a better idea how to proceed.

For a logical reason here you go, this is very sound advice, take it from me when you hear a pop or loud crew or groan from your house it needs checked out. If it turns out to be nothing well thst in itself is an answer.

I recommend finding a structural engineer over your run of the mill home inspector, thst advice alone would have saved me thousands and thousands of dollars...not to mention head aches and living in this dumpster fire of a house I live in.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

Never a bad idea to check things out!! Even a creaking floor could be an issue. We had one, but it was checked, and was stable; just creaky. Still, far better safe than sorry!

I feel for you with the house issues. We had those before, and they can be a real nightmare.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join