It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Law Of Averages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Eventually "the law of averages" is going to catch up with Mother Earth.

What is the law of averages?

Law of Averages

The law of averages is a layman's term for a belief that the statistical distribution of outcomes among members of a small sample must reflect the distribution of outcomes across the population as a whole.
As invoked in everyday life, the "law" usually reflects wishful thinking or a poor understanding of statistics rather than any mathematical principle. While there is a real theorem that a random variable will reflect its underlying probability over a very large sample, the law of averages typically assumes that unnatural short-term "balance" must occur.[1] Typical applications of the law also generally assume no bias in the underlying probability distribution, which is frequently at odds with the empirical evidence.

Simply put, if you play with fire enough times eventually you will get burned.

This law of averages applies to so many different circumstances; some are man made and some are cosmic.

Mother Earth herself has been dodging obstacles left and right. Human kind has been dodging and even tempting the inevitable destruction of this planet; lighting matches, playing with fire, daring to get burned.

Eventually this will catch up to us. It has in the past. We push and push and push and one day it happens.

The same is true for the Cosmos. We dodge these close calls with asteroids and meteors, but they have hit us in the past, if we are to believe the scientific community.

They have even tried to tell us a specific time when these occurrences have happened in our past by documenting geological information based on carbon dating and strata formations.

The problem comes in when you try to wrap your head around the time.

Why hasn't this happened yet in our life time? Why has it not happened in our recent civilization? The age of this planet has been postulated to be in the 4 Billion year old range. 4,000,000,000.

How many lifetimes would you have to live to reach 4,000,000,000? Using the average lifespan of a human in todays vernacular, 78 years, you would have to live 51,282,051 lives and that is assuming that is even close to the actual age of this planet.

How many civilizations have been formed on this planet in that same 4,000,000,000 years? Using what we have been told by current information detailing the oldest known ancient ruins (this changes daily it seems) 13,000 years is the number I will use for my next calculation...There could have been up to as many as 307,692 civilizations that have resided on this planet.

What about pole shifts? How many of those could have occurred in 4,000,000,000 years? depends who you ask? For me I will use a 300,000 year average. Using this average means this could have happened 13,333 times, hmm that's weird, upon seeing this I was struck with the similarities in the average I used for age of civilizations and the possible amount of pole shifts.

Completely unintentional and not drawing a correlation or making predictions, just taking the numbers where they go.

I personally believe that there have been many civilizations on Mother Earth and that a great deal of them just disappeared in a blink of an eye due to the Cosmic occurrences and an equal number of them have self destructed through greed and wars that escalated over time to the point of no return.

There are millions of miles of oceans and land that have been turned upside down, inside out and mixed like a blender with layer upon layer of sediment and soot and Cosmic dust and we will never ever find the answers to the actual amount of civilizations that have called this planet home.

I am certain of 2 things though, we are not the only civilization that ever existed here and "The Law Of Averages" suggest we will not be the last.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

You might be on to something. I've heard of places like Atlantis, El Dorado, Troy, Egypt, Rome...

new topics

join