It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobiles forbidden in Swedish batthouse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Parents who watch mobile phone instead of their swimming children have received In the Swedish Town of Umeå, got the Bathhouses introducing display bans.
More communities should follow, is what the Swedish Life Saving Society.. Same Organization who has the Yellow boats in the mediterranean

Some 1 500 children received each year visit the emergency room after the accident in the public baths and water park , and every tenth fatality among bathers children takes place in the park.

I think this is a really good idea, what do you guys think?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
No Brainier....
Should be this way every place.
Watch your kids, they are yours not mine to look after.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Makes good sense to me. Mobiles are accidents waiting to happen regardless of the activity, and it's not just driving, albeit driving while in phone conversation is one of the biggest dangers. Dicks who walk out on the road, shouting at the top of their voices are oblivious to what is going on around them, is just one example.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

Just to play devil's advocate--should they ban books as well? Taking your eyes of your kids to read a book creates the same problem. I guess that's no longer a problem since no one reads books anymore -- lol.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, do kids in Sweden take swimming lessons and aren't there lifeguards?

Also, why is someone taking an electronic device to a place that is wet? I would think that runs counter to the life of your phone.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think it's optional nowadays, before it was obligatory.. It's the "freedom of choice " thing, but they usually advice it.. In Sweden advice means, you do it. There is a lifeguard, but probably the main issue here is that parents need to learn to look after their kids

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
What exactly are these 'bath houses'? Are they similar to the Roman baths of ancient times? We don't take communal baths in the U.S. so I am curious.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monsieur Neary
a reply to: Hyperia

Just to play devil's advocate--should they ban books as well? Taking your eyes of your kids to read a book creates the same problem. I guess that's no longer a problem since no one reads books anymore -- lol.

People *do* read books still, and even more they read them on kindles and ipads -- which are probably also banned by this mediocre little town and its pathetic, nasty little council of petty bureaucrats. Passing a law like this demonstrates a mindset of control and tyranny, with absolute contempt for human rights, free will and adult responsibility.

Attention, pathetic tyrants of Umeå: you can pass laws until the end of time, but you will not be able to prevent accidents or human nature until you lock up every human being and strap them to a bed.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

A "typical" Swedish bath house has a pool, like those used in swimming competitions. There are also saunas in 'em (seperate for male and females, that goes for the changing rooms too). There are also "Äventyrs Bad" (Adventure baths, I guess you'd call 'em) with waterslides and "stuff".
Oh.... and yes, I believe there are some Roman "style" baths too (I won't swear on it tho' )

edit on 1122015 by BobbyRock because: pics

edit on 1122015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

edit on 1122015 by BobbyRock because: pic swap

top topics

join