It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Denver Airport Murals: Are they depicting the world right now, or in the near future?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xenthuin

Thank you. Still so creepy.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I take a different view on the murals. They're not predicting a sequence of events but rather they're predicting 4 possible futures, two positive and two negative to signify the different destinies we can choose.

In one mural we ruin nature which brings about a ruin in our cities.
In another we let hatred, violence, and war claim us and we degenerate into killing each other.
In another we reject negative impulses and come together for the betterment of all but choose technology over the world.
In the last we embrace multiculturalism and nature rejecting our cities are gone.

Given that DIA seems to be a compound, you can argue that it was built in order to continue what is to some a normal life while ignoring all of the possible futures of the outside world, a 5th choice if you will.

I think that is a brilliant assessment!! I had always been puzzled that the murals really don't seem to 'read' as if representing consecutive events -

- reading your post and then looking at the pics of the murals, I totally see in them exactly what you've described...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

uhhh not to take away from the fear, but the horse...

Denver Broncos.........................................

ps: the real atrocity is the airport itself, oh god so much useless maze walking... need to get on that airport gimp wagon or something....
one of my least fav to fly into or to pick up from.

TBH airports suck period post 9/11.... supah hard.
edit on 10-12-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
it seems ultimately is just turned out to be a fanciful story and nothing more

the murals, were removed as I understand, the other stuff, while, strange, did not appear to mount to much

the so called contractors never emerged, other than the non identifiable claims of such about them burying buildings, etc

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Is, was, and will be, for the foreseeable future.

Deforestation, the buffalo head (extinct). The sea turtle, near extinct, ivory, whales, leopards and other big cats… like that first pic. It represents whats been going on, will continue going on.

Slash and burn agriculture, poaching and pollution jn the environment, look at the people crying, look at the color of their skin.

And look at the color of the person in the glass top coffin.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

The little (white?) girl in pony tails on the right?

What about her?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a freind of mine, was in DIA, this morning, waiting for a connecting flight, to California,

I got something of a surprise, when she FB me, photos, of the murals, maybe, they removed some, but, the green nazi in the gas mask is still, there, along with some others

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dharma Employee
a freind of mine, was in DIA, this morning, waiting for a connecting flight, to California,

I got something of a surprise, when she FB me, photos, of the murals, maybe, they removed some, but, the green nazi in the gas mask is still, there, along with some others

I wished I could see those photos…? not disbelieving at all, I more believe people that were there (like your friend) than the changing narrative.

Eidt: Oh yah, wow…

edit on 28-1-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
As of today, they are still there, in case anybody cares.

So is the blue horse.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I thought Denver was its own state when I was drunk.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Denver murals depict fascism.

Reference to fascism in Denver murals is a reference to this fascist video by mariyln manson.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 18-12-2017 by eraTera because: additional content

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
For the record, the murals at DEN are still in place and have not been touched or modified in any way since the commissioning of the airport in 1995. They are protected by law and cannot be removed or altered in any way. No conspiracy in this regard, any persons wishing to see them are welcome to do so both now and in the future. They're not going anywhere.

The gargoyle in the suitcase harkens back to a time when the airport was built. It was intended to be a talisman of good luck to ward off the evil spirits of the infamous great bag shredding monster, the baggage system. As many may know the baggage system at the airport was the source of numerous delays in opening the airport initially. It remains one of the most complex baggage systems ever built...or even contemplated. In any case, the gargoyle (and other similar statues) are also considered "artwork" and are protected under law.

The blue horse south of the Terminal also has a storied past. As someone else noted, the original artist was killed by that very statue when a portion of it fell on him, fatally injuring him, prior to its completion. However, the backstory behind the horse, and the irony of the artist's death, is probably far more interesting than the actual statue itself. ...

The airport had been involved in a decades long legal battle with the artist prior to its installation. The horse statue, originally commissioned to be installed inside the Terminal, was not complete at the time the airport opened. Lawsuits over the costs and placement of the statue went on for years after the facility opened. The relationship between the artist and the airport could be described as less than ideal, one might even say bordering on hostile. Six short years after the airport opened the events of September 11, 2001 changed airports forever. Following 9-11 the placement of the statue somewhere 'other' than the Terminal was all but academic, there simply wasn't room for it inside the Terminal anymore (not to mention the logistical challenges of placing the giant statue inside the finished Terminal even if there had been room). As the battles over the horse raged on, the statue finally neared completion...despite it all. The statue, too big to travel down any roadway or fit under any bridge, had to be modular so it could be taken apart, moved and reassembled where it was to be installed. In a final act of defiance, and irony, it was one of these modular pieces which fell on the artist's leg and killed him prior to the statue's commissioning.

And now you know...the rest of the story.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Regarding the Masonic capstone on the time vault at the south end of the Terminal, there is also a backstory there as well. Unfortunately, the backstory is not nearly as interesting as the conspiracy theories which have been speculated about since its installation.

Most people do not understand that the construction and commissioning if the Denver airport was a project, the scale of which, had never been attempted by mankind anywhere on Earth prior to that. The mammoth undertaking rivaled even the construction of the great pyramids in Egypt or the 7 wonders of the world (seriously). No project of that magnitude had ever been undertaken anywhere in the World. (I could write a book about this, but I digress).

Needless to say, the opening of the Denver airport was the subject of much pomp and circumstance. There was much pageantry and ceremony. The placement of the Masonic capstone at the south end of the Terminal was no exception. The then Mayor of Denver at the time was a significant player in the Masonic community, and as a prominent political figure (as most do) he would leave his own mark on the airport. Consequently, there was a big Masonic ceremony which culminated in the placement of the capstone. In the bigger scheme of things, it was just another of many ceremonies which took place prior to the opening. There were many.

Perhaps more interesting is what the "capstone" covers. The "capstone" is just that, a "cap" on something else, and that something else is a time vault. The time vault is filled with artifacts representing the life and times of society in 1995, to be opened and marveled upon by some distant future society.

It's probably worthy of noting that the capstone is not considered "art", and it has actually been moved from its original location. It had long been known that the capstone would need to move though...eventually. To add impact to the ceremony of its original placement it was placed directly on the center-line of the Terminal at the far south end (near the glass wall). This placement made the ceremony all that more dramatic. However, the expansion plans for the airport always envisioned expansion to the south, and as recent visitors to the airport will know the new hotel and train station have now been built there. Consequently, the capstone, and the time-vault underneath it, needed to be moved off to one side so as not to interfere with passenger flow through the area. It's movement was not accompanied with the same celebration and ceremony as the original placement. It took place quietly on a Thursday night after most had gone to bed.

And, once again, now you know...the rest of the story.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The interpretation of the all the murals is very simple.

Death of the Ego
First, the dead woman in the coffins indicates the death of cultural chauvinism that produces racism, sexism, and sectarian divisions and the very basis of what humans do to incite oppression and wars.

Gog and Magog Materialism war and conquest
The pictures of violent war and upheaval is a reflection of what is produced by the usual human folly of war and conquest based on materialism which if we look closely at always comes from the above formula: sectarian divisions.

Transformation
The pictures of the children of Joy is the final human evolution to the return into a Garden of Eden like existence---the plant or tree like figure is a representative of the restored soul of humanity back to its origin.

A pretty common philosophy where I don't see anything sinister about it. Its actually a very uplifting scenario

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Holy crap I almost literally posted the same exact thing... thought this thread look familiar.

<< 1  2   >>

join