It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to wake up!

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Andy1144
I agree with that statement. I can't change what people consider proof but maybe they are open to changing their standards. If they are, then I need give my views for the other person to consider.
So not necessarily. People can change what they consider proof if they are open enough.

You did it again. Nobody asked what you thought about the statement.

You asked what my point was and I answered. It is the reason why I am not answering your simple questions.

Whatever you want to do has nothing to do with what we are discussing here.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

So your not answering my simple questions because you think that no matter what answer you give, I won't agree unless it fits with what I know or what my standards for proof are.

edit on 1-12-2015 by Andy1144 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144

No, I'm not answering your simple questions because they are irrelevant to my point.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Your point was "It is about what people consider proof and how you can't change that."" correct? How are my points irrelevant to this point?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Your point was "It is about what people consider proof and how you can't change that."" correct? How are my points irrelevant to this point?

Let's see if this example helps:
Me: There is no proof that the bible is true.

Christian: Have you read it?

Me: Yes.

Christian: Well, what do you think about the book of XYZ?

Me: I don't want to talk about it.

Christian: How do I know that you have read it if you don't answer my simple question?

Why would I discuss deatails of something which my point shoots down?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Our situation is different because I am not discussing blind faith but I think I am getting some idea.
Can you give another example?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Our situation is different because I am not discussing blind faith but I think I am getting some idea.
Can you give another example?

Your bias is showing again. Just replace christian with whatever works for you.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Me: Seeing through the illusion of a self reduces suffering.

You: Only if your really senstitive, I've experienced it and I can say it's no big deal.

Me: How do you know you've actually experienced what I am talking about? Can you please explain what self inquiry and direct experience is? Maybe you're talking about something else.

You then argue something else, when my point was this. You say, you missing my point, and I am saying you're missing mine.

So in this respect it does make a difference whether I know what you know what by what you say, so when you use experience as a counter argument, it won't be reliable evidence, because your experience has nothing to do with actually seeing the illusion.
Thus, you saying " I have experienced it and is no big deal" is untrue because your actually talking about something else and is thus not a good counter argument.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You did exactly what I said you would do.

None of that has any bearing on my point.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

And none of what you said has any bearing on mine.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Actually it does because it questions it's validity.

Even me saying "I have experienced it and is no big deal" has no bearing on my point.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

How does questioning it's validity have any bearing on your point?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Your point, not mine.

Questioning the validity of your point has a bearing on it.
edit on 1-12-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Actually it does because it questions it's validity.

But how does it question it's validity on my point?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

But how does it question it's validity on my point?

What?

You really need to find another medium because this one seems to be to hard for you to follow:

Me: You did exactly what I said you would do. None of that has any bearing on my point.

You: And none of what you said has any bearing on mine.

Me: Actually it does because it questions it's validity. Even me saying "I have experienced it and is no big deal" has no bearing on my point.

You: How does questioning it's validity have any bearing on your point?

Me: Your point, not mine. Questioning the validity of your point has a bearing on it.

You: But how does it question it's validity on my point?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now can you follow the flow of the conversation?
edit on 1-12-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Even me saying "I have experienced it and is no big deal" has no bearing on my point.

Tell me something that bares on your point then.

Now can you follow the flow of the conversation?

It's difficult when we're not on the same level of discussion.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Tell me something that bares on your point then.

Why? My point has been made and you even agreed.

It's difficult when we're not on the same level of discussion.

This isn't a question of levels. We are discussing the text in our posts and not the concepts behind them. You just have a hard time following.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Why? My point has been made and you even agreed.

Because no matter what answer I give, it still will miss your point right?

This isn't a question of levels. We are discussing the text in our posts and not the concepts behind them. You just have a hard time following.

Isn't discussing texts the same as discussing concepts? I have a hard time following your language.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalFire

I know it irks some to be told "It's time to wake up"

But until we step back from the every day distractions of life in a modern society
And really look at what is true and what is real and what is not ... we will go through life as though asleep.

The age old questions will always be asked by seekers as long as the Human species continues to survive.

Everyone is on a path from birth to death ... making sense of the world can be daunting ...
Humanity is but one species amongst many ... and we are all of the same species ...
If we harm another we harm ourselves.

What would an intelligent Alien make of our world I wonder ... A place full of such beauty, love and harmony but also ignorance and barbarity for reasons that do not matter regarding OUR continued survival ...

I do not have the words or wit to speak of how I feel ... Perhaps a fellow being could put it better ... enter Alan Watts

You do not have to agree with all he says ... more importantly it is looking at what he is attempting to get at
He is on a path ... a seeker ... and sometimes a shepherd and so are you if you are "awake" I would add

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Because no matter what answer I give, it still will miss your point right?

You mean an answer to "Why?", it was rhetorical, the answer is the second part of the sentence.

Isn't discussing texts the same as discussing concepts? I have a hard time following your language.

You also have a hard time tying different posts together. Folowing the flow.

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join