It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to wake up!

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Andy1144
Another assumption. We are saying the exact same thing.

No, you classify the thoughts and say some are positive and some are negative.

Itisnowagain puts them all on the same level.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Exactly, in direct experience, is there actually anyone experiencing misery, or is that an assumption, a thought? Misery is just happening, but the idea that it's happening to someone is redundant and incoherent with reality.

Not just in direct experience - there is never anyone experiencing misery - ever.
There is only ever what is happening. But thoughts happen and they happen to tell a story about someone in time and other things in time - thoughts are words that tell stories. The words are sounds, sounds are vibration - energy is vibrating - or the energy is moving. But this is rarely noticed - the words tell a story about me and my life and then it is assumed that the 'me' in the story is what I am. I then appear to be an object and then there are all those other objects that I have to navigate and deal with - but this is just the story made of words and believed concepts. Objects (things) have a beginning and end and I fears ending.
When it is realized that what I really am is not an object then the fear of not being is gone.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

They aren't negative but they can seem that way unless you see through them in DE.

Not necessarily.

Some people don't need DE to be positive, look on the bright side, find that silver lining.

And your reason was not the best. Blind dogma is not the way promote unconditional acceptance. Religion is itself a condition and if it does bring acceptance it is temporary. If you want to accept unconditionally then see through the self in direct experience, enough blind faith.

Doesn't matter, it still works that way.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Yes, there is never a self but the illusion of it can only be seen it DE. Just presenting a different context which is good and may contradict with what you say and even what I say sometimes.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Andy1144 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Also, since it seems any pacifier will do, maybe, there isn't anything special about your claims.

There is nothing special and there is no claims.
What is special about what is happening?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

No, you classify the thoughts and say some are positive and some are negative.
Itisnowagain puts them all on the same level.

I've many times that thoughts aren't bad or good on the absolute. They are all on the same level. It's just that they can seem negative if they aren't seen to be what they are in DE.

Not necessarily.
Some people don't need DE to be positive, look on the bright side, find that silver lining.

True, but there lives would be even better in DE. But only people who have a true urge to know what's true will pursue this journey anyway, even if they're lives are great. Just for the sake of truth.
EDIT: Accepting life 96% still isn't the same as 100%.

Doesn't matter, it still works that way.

Still religion is not a good way to find acceptance, it only gives it temporarily. So it's a bad method if you wan't to find acceptance.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
There is nothing special and there is no claims.
What is special about what is happening?

Yeah, yeah, the same ol', same ol' from you.

Other readers might get something out of what I said.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

edit on 18-11-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I've many times that thoughts aren't bad or good on the absolute. They are all on the same level. It's just that they can seem negative if they aren't seen to be what they are in DE.

That isn't always the case so, DE is not always needed.

True, but there lives would be even better in DE. But only people who have a true urge to know what's true will pursue this journey anyway, even if they're lives are great. Just for the sake of truth.

And that makes a difference to you because?

Still religion is not a good way to find acceptance, it only gives it temporarily. So it's a bad method if you wan't to find acceptance.

Saying that a claw hammer is the best way to get a nail out of a board doesn't mean that you can't get it out some other way.

You can't argue with that.
edit on 18-11-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Other readers might get something out of what I said.

Yeah, if anyone wants to go in circles repeatedly then contact 1800-daskakik. You'll be so dizzy you'll forget what you were arguing about!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Yeah, if anyone wants to go in circles repeatedly then contact 1800-daskakik. You'll be so dizzy you'll forget what you were arguing about!

Why the ad hom?

Are you trying to make me feel bad?

That right there says a ton.
edit on 18-11-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

That isn't always the case so, DE is not always needed.

Yes, you won't when thoughts are positive but you will when thoughts are negative so why not just go DE?

And that makes a difference to you because?

Personally seeing DE for me benefits me. I can help others because it will help them. On some level it doesn't matter at all.

Saying that a clawhammer is the best way to get a nail out of a board doesn't mean that you can't get it out some other way.
You can't argue with that.

Not a good example, non acceptance arises from one root. This root does not exclude anything, so it's the best way to do anything.

Non acceptance is a thought arising from identification with a self who thinks it could have been different. So if you want to see through this, then you have to see through the self. That is the only way, there is no other way.

You can use religion but that's not a smart method and I've stated earlier why.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Why the ad hom?

Are you trying to make me feel bad?

That right there says a ton.

What does it say? If it says a ton - I would love to hear just a kilo.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I was joking bud, I tried to break the ice a little. Does that necessarily mean I wanted to put you down?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144

Nothing new and nothing refuted.

Guess I need to bow out or go back to short replies.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Also, since it seems any pacifier will do, maybe, there isn't anything special about your claims.

What has been claimed?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If I'm not DE or if I was a sensitive type that might have caused suffering.

Arguing for pages about diminishing suffering being better then posting something like that shows that it is all just word salad.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Nothing new and nothing refuted.

What is there to be refuted? There is no self, this is a fact. It is just a thought, there is no actual control.

Guess I need to bow out or go back to short replies.

When have you given not short replies?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
What has been claimed?

DE leads to acceptance.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

What is there to be refuted?

My points.

When have you given not short replies?

Last couple of pages I tried to flesh things out but it makes no difference.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join