It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to wake up!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Andy1144
So we can't even know that drinking sewer water is worse for you then drinking good water?

Now you are talking specifically. We are not going to list everything and rate each item according to how beneficial it is.

Instead we can use logic and conclude that a difference will not always be beneficial so, we should not say that acting one way or another in some unspecified instance will be beneficial and therefore lead to less suffering.
edit on 13-11-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Unless part of the purpose of life is to experience suffering.

Butterfly effect ties in with what is being discussed.

Doesn't surprise me and I don't think it proves anything.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

true, but from all the possible words we could choose...think about it for a moment, even considering we have different native language... it is certainly a wired synchronicity. There is so little chance of that happening that it is more than coincidence for me...also considering the context of my posts and even the question mark and the word maybe at the end.

Absolute immediately showed an answer for us ... but you can interpret it however you want.

I think that communication is always going on between relative and absolute and there are very little coincidences, but we are just ignorant and overlook things or doubt them...

Unless part of the purpose of life is to experience suffering.

well it is the purpose of life. To suffer and everyone suffers until they don't accept love in their life in some way and form. And when we experience nice feelings we know the difference...this is a learning mechanism. maybe?
edit on 14474438351143November4311433015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

The concept was pushed worldwide and they even made a movie based on it in 2004.

Of course that is not as pertinent to the discussion as the idea that we are here to experience life in full, including pain and suffering.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

remember the movie title, I am very interested?!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

"The butterfly effect" but it was a typical hollywood production and not a production taking a serious look at the concept. I was just pointing out that anyone with access to mainstream media has probably heard about the idea before.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

oh oh... yes I know it. The first part is the good part, other two sucks for me haha

so what about your philosophy? But I understand if you don't want to spoil the beans...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Instead we can use logic and conclude that a difference will not always be beneficial so, we should not say that acting one way or another in some unspecified instance will be beneficial and therefore lead to less suffering.

If it is found that there is no separate self then who would be suffering?
Suffering may happen but it is not happening to someone.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I don't know if I would call it a philosophy. Over the years I have heard many interesting ideas and tried different things.

To me, nothing cements the idea that you are more than just your body like an OBE/Astral projection.

While there is truth to DE and similar ideas, to me, they fall short, when viewed from the perspective of someone who has had an OBE.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Who said it was found?

Who said it was happening to someone?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Thanks!

yes, I agree and that is why from my point of view, things go far deeper. And what we are talking about is only the basic level from were you can start to learn in right way.

DE in itself is not final state, but definitely a gateway to it. When you want for god to enter the house, you must first clean it out completely. The house = body and mind
But that is meant from spiritual stand point.

For many normal persons when they can let go to DE, this is amazing and knowing that there is nothing to know or do is good enough because they realize in DE all is one.
But that is not unconditional love and surrender of your whole being to the absolute. Which many spiritual persons in the past and some even today are showing...

Well that is my take on DE...
edit on 14474489881109November0911093015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Now you are talking specifically. We are not going to list everything and rate each item according to how beneficial it is.

Using logic you can figure out what is more beneficial and what isn't.

Who said it was found?

Who said it was happening to someone?

That is an extremely vague response. Using logic we can come with the conclusion that if the illusion of self is seen then suffering will stop because it will be seen there is no sufferer as itisnowagain stated. What points were you trying to make with that response?
Those sort of half ass responses have summed up our talk and it got us no where but playing mind games. Is that your aim with this conversation?
edit on 13-11-2015 by Andy1144 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

All stated are impermanent. So instead of being concerned with reaching certain states, one must focus on what is always present regardless of state. That's what you need to figure out. Or you can spend the rest of your years meditating, doing yoga or whatever with some future promise you can clear karma or at least become enlightened in a next life. Don't be that guy.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Using logic you can figure out what is more beneficial and what isn't.

Yes, but it is ilogical to make blanket statements.

That is an extremely vague response.

Did you see the post I was responding to?

Did you see the post that that post was in response to?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Yes, but it is ilogical to make blanket statements.

When did I make a statement like that?

Did you see the post I was responding to?

Did you see the post that that post was in response to?

I sure did. And it was a very vague response to him. Elaborate more on it if you can.
You've made similar responses to me to I find it was relevant to respond to.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

When did I make a statement like that?

Helping someone = better.

That is a blanket statement. You are not being specific about what the help is or the result of that help.

I sure did. And it was a very vague response to him. Elaborate more on it if you can.

Well then you should have seen that I did not mention the points he mentioned. How am I going to eleborate on something I never said?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Helping someone = better.

That is a blanket statement. You are not being specific about what the help is or the result of that help.

I only used that as a lone example. The main theme of my what I was trying to say is, "trying to help others have the best experience possible." That implies many ways of helping. Some ways may be helpful, some not. You thought I meant that always helping people is better. That's obviously not always true is it.
I never said that helping people is always better. But generally doing more beneficial things to others is better then doing harm. Simple.

Well then you should have seen that I did not mention the points he mentioned. How am I going to eleborate on something I never said?

So then what was the point of making that reply if it wasn't even related to what he was saying?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Some ways may be helpful, some not.

Thank you, that was my point.

So then what was the point of making that reply if it wasn't even related to what he was saying?

I was asking him "where did I say that" (in other words) to point out the fact that I had not said that.

Is that really so hard to understand?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

So then generally helping others have a better experience when possible is better then hurting them.
Let me know if this is too complicated.

I was asking him "where did I say that" (in other words) to point out the fact that I had not said that.

Wasn't he blatantly stating words of his own? Where was he trying to state what you've said?
In fact you've had similar replies to my words like this.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

So then generally helping others have a better experience when possible is better then hurting them.
Let me know if this is too complicated.

Better than hurting them? Yes.

Better then not doing anything? Maybe, maybe not.

Add to that the fact that "better" is relative and we could just dismiss the whole thing. At least I can.

Wasn't he blatantly stating words of his own? Where was he trying to state what you've said?

If that was the case he should have just made a post without marking it as reply to another post.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join