It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to wake up!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

That is simply your intellectual understanding which you are repeating and as I've said, that wont help you realize your self illusion. Cut it out with the fluffy spiritual talk and just look into DE.
Yes there is no one looking but there is still the illusion that there is, so exploit that illusion to find that it is false.
Paradoxically, you need a self in order to see a self is an illusion.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144

I need a self so I can look for non self. Which is not-a-thing but everything is imagined in it.

Like night and day light are changing, but united that is the day.
edit on 14471997661156November5611563015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Andy1144
Yes I have. Identiying with it means a sense of ownership of negative thoughts and feelings.
Not identiying with it means you wont. Which is better. Simple.

No you have not.

You can't even show why ownership of "negative thoughts and feelings" is bad. You are using a moralistic fallacy, just like UniFinity and his saintly gurus.
edit on 10-11-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Whatever. I told you a million times, intellectually understanding that is not enough. Do the damn self inquires and see what your preaching in experience.

I'm talking to two people here. One is too logcial, the other too damn poetic.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It causes mental suffering, that is why it is bad. This isn't some blind faith, it is a fact that identifying as a self will cause all the negative ego associated feelings. Lack, unworthiness, out of control ect ect.

I said more than once.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

It causes mental suffering, that is why it is bad. This isn't some blind faith, it is a fact that identifying as a self will cause all the negative ego associated feelings. Lack, unworthiness, out of control ect ect.

I said more than once.

You can say it all you want it is not proven to be anything other than being positive or emotionally detached.

You said earlier that "DE means experiencing your feelings full throttle" how do you do that without the negative?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

"Yes there is no one looking but there is still the illusion that there is, so exploit that illusion to find that it is false. "

with inquiry I get to DE. That is why the self is needed. But once you recognize DE a flip flop happens because everything, even the self is non self when I stop identifying...
edit on 14472006871111November1111113015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Your claim that this is being positive or emotionally detached is completely unjustified and I've talked about this more than once. It's not about using thought/wishfull thinking/ thoughts to imagine something else, it is about experiencing what is without running into assumptions.

I've already said that negative emotions still arise post-awakening and more intense than ever in ways because there are no thoughts numbing it down. This is the opposite of detachment. This is embracing and fully seeing emotions for what they are, which again is impersonal phenomena. The thought "this pain belongs to me" is only a thought. The self is only a thought. In DE there is only pain happening.

www.youtube.com...
Sam talks about a few other things, but he'll get there.

PS, skip to 3:04 if you want to go to it directly.
edit on 10-11-2015 by Andy1144 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

You haven't seen through the self in DE. If only for 2 seconds you would have seen this clearly, this would have major implications and you would know it. But you continue with this spiritual jargon.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Your claim that this is being positive or emotionally detached is completely unjustified

Never made that claim.

In DE there is only pain happening.

And if that pain happens to be you loosing a limb then DE isn't going to grow it back. What difference does it make, in the grand scheme of things, if you spend the rest of your life cursing that day.

That is what you have not given an answer for.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
"Everything you experience -- thoughts, moods, impulses, behavior -- all manifest themselves within the brain. They are the results of myriad neural processes. Harris explains that what we perceive as self, an unchanging constant experiencer, is really an ever-changing system constructed within the brain.

Therefore self-transcendence, when a person feels as if they've exited the "self," is a real experience that brings you closer to the factual realities of the world. Harris explains that religion attempts to turn self-transcendence into something mystical or dogmatic, when really it's an experience of realization. One could potentially call it rational spirituality"

This is important to note.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

"You can say it all you want it is not proven to be anything other than being positive or emotionally detached. "
You made that claim here but anyway..

No DE won't grow you back the limb but cursing that day for the rest of your life will induce negative feelings, how the hell would it not make a difference if the commentary about that day was no longer their?
Also let me know if the video and other quote did something.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Contradictory.

If everything is within the brain then how are you going to get closer to "factual realities"?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Everything is in experience, including the brain. What we call factual reality is the experience of our brain in conscious experience.

It is true that everything the brain produces is an illusion but we can still say Santa is not real and Trump is, just because that's what appears as fact in life.

So the self (being santa) isnt real. And DE is. That is a logical fact of our material reality.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

"this would have major implications"

what implications?

no thoughts, no form, no I?

reality is non existent?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You made that claim here but anyway..

Where's the link?

No DE won't grow you back the limb but cursing that day for the rest of your life will induce negative feelings, how the hell would it not make a difference if the commentary about that day was no longer their?

Yes, negative feelings that you have yet to prove to be bad or at least worse than anything else.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Everything is in experience, including the brain. What we call factual reality is the experience of our brain in conscious experience.

It is true that everything the brain produces is an illusion but we can still say Santa is not real and Trump is, just because that's what appears as fact in life.

So the self (being santa) isnt real. And DE is. That is a logical fact of our material reality.

Now you are waffling on the issue.

To me it seems nothing is real and therefore nothing is better or worse.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Nothing is real and everything is an illusion but the experiences of the illusions vary so one must create the best illusion possible for himself although it isnt ultimetaly real. But the experience is real. So it matteres. Again simple.

"Yes, negative feelings that you have yet to prove to be bad or at least worse than anything else."
You are overcomplicating this. Stressing over losing your limb is worse then fully accepting it happened.

Also, with the Sam Harris videos I just wanted to establish that these facts are fully coherent with our logical rational, material world. Sam demonstrates that quite well. This isn't really in a sense spiritual knowledge. It is fully scientific.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Nothing is real and everything is an illusion but the experiences of the illusions vary so one must create the best illusion possible for himself although it isnt ultimetaly real. But the experience is real. So it matteres. Again simple.

You have nothing to back this up other than aversion to suffering.

You are overcomplicating this. Stressing over losing your limb is worse then fully accepting it happened.

You are complicating things. There is nothing wrong with someone cursing the loss of their limb.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Cursing the loss of the arm induces negative feelings. Weve been over this.

"You have nothing to back this up other than aversion to suffering. "
I have no idea what this means, your arguments are really starting to make less and less sense.
All your doing is changing the context of what I meant and hijacking it to make your petty points. It is obvious that accpeting this moment would be much more liberating then clinging to past events. If your too dull to understand this then no wonder your having trouble understanding the rest of what I am saying.

And then again, when you'll be replying to this, you'll just misiterpret it, overcomplicate, change its context and then call me wrong. You do realize it is impossible to arrive to a mutual agreement without fitting someones idea of what is "right" like this right? It'll be an endless mind game, and all because you're too convinced your right. You lack openess to ideas, with which you'll probably agree with just to rationalize your points to make it seem like your right.

If your really interested in this stuff, then check out the video I posted. See how it is rational, anti-BS.
Until then, it will be a philosophtical mind game.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join