It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refine Your Morality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
We each live according to a set of internally consistent ethical standards.

We each adjudicate our behaviors and actions according unto our innate moral code.

And that set of internal boundaries and intrinsic governors restrict our decisions and constrain our choices. For of all cardinal sins, one of the greatest amongst them is deliberate and volitional violation of your own inner rules.

So animals, who remain wholly ignorant of morals and ethics, remain entirely absolved of all feats malicious or wrong. When they commit acts of murder of rend harm unto others they remain blameless for those deeds--for never do they recognize those deeds as morally or ethically wrong.

And the same situation applies unto humans who commit acts of unethical caliber whilst remaining unaware of the immoral nature of those deeds. If never do you realize that being rude unto others, stealing time from others, wasting the energy of others are ethical errs, then never can you be faulted for committing them against your fellow man.

But if you do recognize those ethical slips in form, you have an innate responsibility towards following those rules and heeding your own morals. For only by adhering always unto your moral code can you pattern-ingrain it into the neurological structure of your mind--then following that process you'll effortlessly and eternally continue heeding your moral code.

Yet even after you have the full extent of your preexisting morals structure firmly ingrained in place, even once you effortlessly and automatically execute your morals unto flawless fashion, still your work continues. For even after executing upon yourself every possible moral and ethical constriction, still you can refine further those inner laws that govern your outer behavior.

Each day your goal should be perfect compliance unto your moral code. And each day you should scan over your occurent behaviors searching out new ways you can further refine yourself towards additional states of perfection.

Seek out holes in your spiritual game then patch them over with inner resolutions towards acting better in times ahead. Then continue finding new ways towards accelerating your evolution unto new levels.

Then, continue repeating those new modifications unto your moral code until they also become hardlocked into the brain.

Only through constant effort can you refine your morality. And only through incessant refinement can you move towards perfection.

Those who work effortlessly towards improving themselves can be assured that those in the spirit world will do everything possible towards helping that process along.

And those who complete that process towards achieving statistically significant states of perfection will find nothing but happiness awaiting them in the world beyond.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

States of Perfection are Idealistic , not Realistic . Man is Fallible , all he can Hope to Achieve in this Life is to Survive unto Death with the Least Imperfect Faults . After that , God Only Knows..............

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel
We each live according to a set of internally consistent ethical standards.

We each adjudicate our behaviors and actions according unto our innate moral code.

You are making the error of conflating the vain sinful insanity of judgmental conditional 'morality', and unconditional 'ethics' that are found in unconditional Love!
An 'ethic' is;

"Do NOT do to 'others' what you don't want done to you!"
(EVERYTHING in the Universe (and everyone), is 'others', and 'others' Is Self!)!

From a religious Perspective (and a dictionary), 'morality' is judging people/stuff as 'good' or 'bad/evil'!

This is exact manifestation of the stolen Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil (Sin of Pride/judgment) in the Garden!

As a Xtian (or any other religion), we are warned against 'judging' others;
"Judge not lest you be judged!"
Such judgment (good/evil) is the sin of 'pride'!
'Pride' is the only sin (from which all others spring), yet the hypocrites flaunt their practices, joyfully, proudly, in the face of their god!

You are told that;
"If you judge, judge with righteous judgment!"
Yet goes on to say that;
"None are righteous, no not one!"

No, we need not "refine" our judgmental egoistic vain 'morality', schizophrenic insanity, we need to transcend it!

And those who complete that process towards achieving statistically significant states of perfection will find nothing but happiness awaiting them in the world beyond.

Hogwash, vanity, imaginary nonsense!!

edit on 2-11-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

If I can assist you here, in my conception of a functional society, we simply need an apparatus to determine our "intent" - you might sew somebodies arm if it was cut, it would hurt them, but they can easily tell that your intent is to heal the wound.

If we could understand this "intent" to a much higher level, there would be much trust especially between strangers.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I don't adhere to this form of thought.

I have always associated it with the description of the tree of knowledge of good and evil,
in which some people wise with experience tried to explain that our downfall is in the integration and belief in a static and universal system of good and evil. It is that which pulls us away from perception of the relative nature of reality.

In which an act may be "good" in one context and "bad" in another,
and "right" in relation to a specific goal or intent, and "wrong" in relation to another goal or intent.

When you have decided and cling to the conception of an inherent good or evil nature, you no longer pay attention to the context, or take any time to consider and recognize your intent. It's like a lazy shortcut, which allows the mind to go on autopilot, and eliminate mindfulness.

However, I think there is something to be said about development of "character"- integrity, developing a consistant code of behaviors which allows others around you to predict and anticipate your reactions to the world. It is a courtesy, which gives them some sense of power over their own experience- they can choose to do or not do something, that they know will elicit a certain reaction from you.

Even if you have a nasty character (perhaps you are known for having extreme and hostile reactions) that still gives others the chance to determine do I do this or not? I know what the consequences will be. Is my intent worth the consequences or not? How important is it to me?

Sometimes it simply is, and you can choose to do it despite the violent reaction you know you will get, but at least you aren't surprised, you are prepared inside. Erratic and unpredictable behavior is more disconcerting to others than is having a nasty disposition.

For that reason, I do consider developing integrity, a consistant code of behaviors for yourself, as useful.
But not because they are universally "right" or "just"- only because it is considerate for those around and facilitates collective living and exchange.

top topics

join