It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS in Egypt claimed to have shot down the Russian plane that crashed in the Sinai

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Apparently ISIS has claimed responsibility for shooting down the Russian airliner over the Sinai Peninsula, according to Le Figaro.

I was just going to give a link to a video on the Le Figaro website that told the story, but now the site is down. Strange. Maybe the report was false, but if it is true, that is a big piece of news.

The plane dropped vertically out of the sky, which is a strong indication of a shoot down, but it was cruising at around 30,000 ft., which must surely be out of range of a Stinger missile, or am I wrong about that?

The Egyptian branch of the organization Islamic State said on Twitter to be responsible for the crash of the Russian charter plane that crashed in the Egyptian Sinai by 224 people. "Soldiers of the Caliphate were able to bring down a Russian plane in the Sinai province carrying more than 220 crusaders who were all killed," wrote the extremist group in a statement posted his usual Twitter accounts, indicating that it acted in retaliation Russian intervention in Syria.

"This information can not be considered accurate," the Minister of Transport Maxim Sokolov. "We are in close contact with our Egyptian colleagues and aviation authorities of this country. At present, they have no information that would confirm such insinuations," he added.

Translated link

edit on 31-10-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 11.1.2015 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Just checked again and the website is back up but the story has been removed from the site.

The video I saw was a completely professional looking presentation. Maybe this story is being sat on for some reason.

Sorry, my mistake. The story is there now. Here is the link to the video:

video.lefigaro.fr...

According to the report the shoot down was a response to Russian moves against ISIS in Syria.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Their are official sources that say that the plane went down due to technical issues. Isis always tries to take credit for every disaster the happens in order to fear monger. Don;t be one of the people who fall for it.
edit on 31-10-2015 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

I did hear a pilot say that even if both engines failed, the plane should be able to glide for another twenty minutes and land/crash land. This plane just dropped out of the sky according to radar tracking of it.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Let me ask why the title is in French?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
a reply to: Tjoran

I did hear a pilot say that even if both engines failed, the plane should be able to glide for another twenty minutes and land/crash land. This plane just dropped out of the sky according to radar tracking of it.

What seems more likely, cave men in caves, shot down a plane at over 5 miles high, or the plane had rudder elevator flap hydraulic etc failure?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I'm not really up to date on ATS's T&C but I thought that breaking stories had to have the headline from the source as the thread title. The story is from a French language website.

As far as I know, I checked the Manchester Guardian, this story is just breaking and nobody else has it.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Is this proof ISIS shot down Russian plane killing all 224 on board? Terror group releases chilling video as experts say jet did NOT lodge SOS call or have 'any faults' that would have caused crash

The Islamic State has released a video purporting to show the final moments of the Russian jet that crashed in Egypt, killing all 224 people on board.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... 3qCjgKwHn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Here is a link to an English language version of the story:

www.thehindu.com...

A militant group affiliated to Islamic State in Egypt claimed responsibility for the downing of a Russian passenger plane that crashed in Egypt's Sinai peninsula on Saturday, the group said in a statement circulated by supporters on Twitter.

Egyptian security sources earlier on Saturday said early investigations suggested the plane crashed due to a technical fault.

The claim of responsibility was also carried by the Aamaq website which acts as a semi official news agency for Islamic State.

"The fighters of the Islamic State were able to down a Russian plane over Sinai province that was carrying over 220 Russian crusaders. They were all killed, thanks be to God," the statement circulated on Twitter said.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I posted this on another thread .....

Another theory that has emerged is that a prior structural shock (in 2001) led to a spontenous midair disintegration:

What jumps out from this particular airplane’s record is an accident that it suffered on November 16, 2001 while landing at Cairo (while owned and operated by Middle East Airlines). As it touched down the nose was pointing at too high an angle and the tail hit the tarmac – heavily enough to cause substantial damage.

Tail strikes like this are not uncommon. The airplane was repaired and would have been rigorously inspected then and during subsequent maintenance checks. Nonetheless investigators who will soon have access to the Airbus’s flight data recorder will take a hard look at what is called the rear pressure bulkhead, a critical seal in the cabin’s pressurization system. Images from the wreckage in the Sinai show parts of the tail and rear fuselage near the site of this bulkhead lying clear of the rest of the debris, suggesting a possible break-up in flight.

In the event of a failure of this bulkhead, the airplane would have suffered a sudden and potentially explosive decompression; at its final recorded altitude of 31,000 feet the difference between the pressure inside the cabin and the air outside would have been at the point where such a catastrophic failure would be most likely to occur. The wreckage shows no signs of a fire or an engine-related explosion.
www.informationclearinghouse.info... I think the vid is mentioned in the link but I think it's also debunked as well

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Here is a quote from the Daily Mail story linked above:

The Islamic State has released a video purporting to show the final moments of the Russian jet that crashed in Egypt, killing all 224 people on board.
The terror group has claimed it downed the aircraft, but has not said how it might have done so. The horrific footage - which was posted online and cannot be verified by MailOnline - shows a large structure resembling a plane falling through the air, before being consumed by a mass of smoke.
Cairo and Moscow have denied any possible terrorism link in the incident, which was one of the deadliest Airbus crashes in the past decade.
It comes as it has emerged that the burning Airbus A321 did not lodge an SOS call before it plummeted to he ground in the restive Sinai Peninsula.
Egypt's civil aviation minister Hossam Kamal said communications between the pilot and air traffic controllers were 'normal' ahead of the disaster.
'There was nothing abnormal... and the pilot didn't ask to change the plane's route,' he said, adding that the controllers recorded no distress calls.
His comments contradicted earlier claims that the pilot had reported technical difficulties and made clear his intention to land at the nearest airport.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
One of the pilots complained about the aircraft being in poor condition prior to taking off on this flight, as well as having problems with starting one engine over the last week. Metrojet has been known to have maintenance issues in the past.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

A sudden catastrophic failure might explain the incident, particularly if the video had been debunked. I don't know what sort of arms ISIS has in Egypt. The Iraqi Army gave them huge amounts of abandoned weapons in Iraq, apparently. I don't know if anything capable of shooting down an airliner is in ISIS's posession.

The Americans and French and the UK supply the Saudis and the Saudis supply ISIS, so anything is possible, I suppose. Weapon specs are not my province.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

If it was shot down the debris field should be bigger. They should have found pieces farther away than the field they found. It would have looked more like MH17. The description of the debris field and the pictures of the debris are of an aircraft that came down wings level until impact.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
Apparently ISIS has claimed responsibility for shooting down the Russian airliner over the Sinai Peninsula, according to Le Figaro.

I was just going to give a link to a video on the Le Figaro website that told the story, but now the site is down. Strange. Maybe the report was false, but if it is true, that is a big piece of news.

The plane dropped vertically out of the sky, which is a strong indication of a shoot down, but it was cruising at around 30,000 ft., which must surely be out of range of a Stinger missile, or am I wrong about that?

The French always get it right, i.m.o.
They were the first to suggest that 9/11 was a US false flag, right after the events; then Germany caught on soon after.

People talk about how the Sinai ISIS don't have the technological equipment necessary to shoot down an airliner at 30,000 feet altitude.....but the Israelis do, and within their range!

I don't know why it seems so obvious to me about what's going on here.

ISIS is the USA/ISRAEL/UK syndicate.

Russia knows this, knows what their plans are, and does not want to see this succeeding.
The 'ISIS' bloc doesn't want Russia to intervene in their mission to take over the entire Middle East.
So, Russia bombs the 'friendly' US-assisted 'combatants' in Syria, who are pretending to be fighting against ISIS and Assad, but Russia knows better....They ARE ISIS !

Then the US/IS/UK 'ISIS' bloc takes down a Russian passenger airline, to retaliate and send a message.

It won't work, because Russia would know that the responsibility claimed by 'ISIS' for this plane downing was from the USA/IS/UK.
Who do they think they're kidding?...Not Russia. (Nor France).

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

If it was shot down the debris field should be bigger. They should have found pieces farther away than the field they found. It would have looked more like MH17. The description of the debris field and the pictures of the debris are of an aircraft that came down wings level until impact.

Zaphod, I read on Reuters that it crashed in a vertical fashion. Is this true or early speculation? I'm trying to make sense of this whole situation because I fly a lot and I feel there has been a recent uptick in plane crashes in the last few years. Also, because those who have perished have family and friends. The sadness of it all, reviberates throughout communities.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Starling

Yeah. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were well within the ball park of plausibility and even probability.

According to a French expert on ISIS, they have MANDPADS systems.

en.wikipedia.org...

What generation, I don't know, but I'm betting that they have the technical ability to do this kind of thing, particularly if their masters wanted it done and were willing to facilitate.

If people can understand French, the person being interviewed, at the link below, follows the jihadi websites and the jihadis, and says that they have the missile systems (he mentions SAM 7's) or could possibly have planted a bomb on the airplane. He says the jihadi web sources have not been precise about how the plane was brought down.

www.itele.fr...

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

Looking at the debris, it appears they were wings level, with the nose high.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Kratos40

Looking at the debris, it appears they were wings level, with the nose high.

Forgive my ignorance, but does that mean the pilots may have been able to attempt to land, but were unsuccessful?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

No, it appears that they fell almost straight down like that. The data from the aircraft shows them climbing and diving repeatedly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join