It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: 3 dead, 3 hurt when car hits trick-or-treaters in NYC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Oh my, this is the 2nd big killing with cars this week.

I hope they find out what happened. 63 year old driver is all we have.

Another drunk driver? Maybe we should have background checks for booze?

hosted.ap.org...

NEW YORK (AP) -- Police say a car plowed into a group of trick-or-treaters in New York City, killing three people, including a 10-year-old girl. Four others, including a 3-year-old, were injured.

A spokesman for the New York Police Department says the group had been trick-or-treating just before 5 p.m. Saturday in the Morris Park neighborhood of the Bronx when a car went onto the sidewalk and struck them.

Police say a man, whose age wasn't immediately available, died at the scene.

Investigators say a 21-year-old man and the 10-year-old girl were taken to a hospital, where they were pronounced dead.

Authorities say a 3-year-old girl was critically injured. A 21-year-old woman, a 10-year-old girl and the 63-year-old driver also were hospitalized.

Police say an investigation into what caused the crash is ongoing.

edit on 31-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Investigators say a 21-year-old man and the 10-year-old girl were taken to a hospital, where they were pronounced dead.

Authorities say a 3-year-old girl was critically injured. A 21-year-old woman, a 10-year-old girl and the 63-year-old driver also were hospitalized.

Thoughts and prayers to the friends and families of those that were killed and injured.

Maybe we should have background checks for booze?

Come on... lets stop this double standard of when it is not appropriate to make things political.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Well you certainly don't let a crisis go to waste. Just had to turn this into a gun jab, didn't you.

On topic, this is why it's never being a helicopter parent to preach Halloween safety. I'm always worried about this kind of thing. Such a sad thing.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Local news just said 3 yr olds condition was upgraded...so a bit of good news.

So tragic, kids out trick or treating. Prayers for those affected.

edit on 31-10-2015 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Tragic story to something thats supposed to be a fun night for everyone,
People in my town where driving like complete idiotd tonight also. People need to smarten up.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

You are just a #ing tragedy vampire aren't you? Where in any of the articles about this accident does it mention alcohol or alcohol even being suspected as a contributing factor?

edit on 1-11-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
So, I'm going to share something I saw once that I will never forget. I hope you see where I'm going but I will get to it after I type what I saw.

I was at a red light right in front of where my toddler age boys went to day care. Everything was normal when all of a sudden one of the cars at the light just zoomed ahead and crashed while the light was still red. I was shocked and confused and not ashamed to admit my first thought.

Of I didn't get my kids quick I wasn't getting them home any time soon. So I speed rushed told the daycare the others parents were going to be late picking up kids and waited at the same light but a different angle to leave. 5 mins had passed people were still trying to help and I helped by getting out of the way.

Let me tell you what the daycare told me the next day. The driver had a heart attack behind the wheel and was dead before the crash. When his dead body slumped it hit the gas causing the crash. I was the only parent that was able to pick up kids for hours the day before.

I sat in my car daydreaming and never knew feet away from me was a person in need of help. Even when I saw the car crash my first thought was drugs not a heart attack.

These crashes in the news are horrible but, until you KNOW that it was done for a bad reason you shouldn't assume.

top topics

join