It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Turning-The-Clocks-Back Nonsense Needs To Stop

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: teslarocks

I love my peoples.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
Now They all Have Artifical Lights.

Which are Called HEADLIGHTS.

Come on World Get With The PROGRAM.

Follow the SUN

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

I just spent the past week in disney for halloween. Each day we walked at least 10 miles. I was exhausted but knew once I hit my bed I could relax, get some rest, and recharge. Then at 2am on sunday morning my iphone showed the time as 1am. My mind was blown, I got a second wind, and didn't fall asleep until 4am. I am yet to recover. F the time change.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Don't start me on farming. Cows can't tell the fricking time. They need milking when they need milking the time of fricking day makes no goddam difference.

Actually it's for planting crops.

Actually, it's all about business now. Studies show that people spend more money when there are more daylight hours during the summer evenings, therefore, DST is here to stay for the most part. Too much money being handed out to keep it going. Kudos to those states who have dropped it this farce.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Ha! Southern Arizona dropped DST so we don't deal with that.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Last time I checked....tractors and combines have lots of lights on them. No need for DST.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Freenrgy2

Plus they have gps.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

I wholeheartedly agree, except I believe we should take it 2 steps further. Now that we've "fallen back" an hour, I wake up with sunlight blaring through my blinds before I'm ready to wake up, and it's dark out by the time I get home. Effectively, I am rendered completely without sunlight, except for the weekends.

If we pushed the clocks forward an extra 2 hours during DST (so 3 hours up during standard time), I'd have a little bit sunlight after the workday, and I wouldn't have to wake up to the sun already up in the sky ruining my precious darkness. It is unconscionable to present my all-too-thin eyelids with bright sunlight at such godforsaken hours as 6:30am.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
With most people using cell phones as their alarm clocks, lets just adjust the time in either direction depending on the time of year by 20 seconds each day so that we can normalize our day around dawn or sunset. Wouldn't it be nice if we could count on a sunset at 6:45pm local time or whatever every single day and then build the rest of our day around whatever daylight that results in?
edit on 3-11-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm fortunate in that my internal clock/sleep cycle is always so random and variable anyway that this has literally no affect on me. I'm still just going to sleep whenever I have to anyway, and stay up for two days straight every week or two without warning to boot, time change be damned.

But I agree that it seems incredibly arbitrary, unnatural, and minimal in its supposed benefits.

Peace.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join