It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychics is it possible to discover Psychic abilities later in life?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
My "Gift" is being mundane. ;D

A bit more seriously, I've been told several times by different people that I have an "Old Soul", whatever that means. (I assume it means I've gone through many reincarnations without advancing to the next tier of existence, which would actually be a bad thing. >_>) I think it's just because I was highly developmentally advanced as a child (cognitively, not physically) though, but that's about it. My family seems to have a strong psychic bloodline, if that's even a thing, though I'd say it only affects the females. (That is, all the female members of my bloodline have had psychic type experiences. That is, both my cousins, my mother, my aunt, and my grandmother. I have a really small family.)

I'd like to wake up one day and find out I was capable of something interesting, but I doubt that's going to happen. The only odd thing is this really annoying visual static which may or may not be common to all people, but it doesn't mean (or do) anything and I'm looking to get rid of it, hopefully.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Yes, it is very possible to discover abilities later in life. After you have a child, actually is when many discover abilities. Actually, many of these abilities anyone can do with practice, just some are naturals at it.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Being an old soul is NOT a bad thing. It does have to do with reincarnation but not what you think. I see it as you appreciate and cherish different things the average person would. For ex. (if you are young) everyone in your class may be huge Taylor SWift fans but you are drawn to classical music and appreciate Taylor Swift, but not fanatic. Perhaps you like to read a lot on educational subjects? You love nature? History?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Interestingly, I seem to be the only one in my family who has the gift. Not even my extended family has it.
edit on 13-11-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Would not having many reincarnations under your belt mean that you've repeatedly failed to achieve something?

Hate history. Or, I guess I like history? I think a lot of interesting things happened in the pass but as a school subject everything history related was incredibly boring.
I used to love classical and listened to it almost exclusively but nowadays I appreciate all music outside of gangsta' rap and death metal.

Depends what you'd consider "educational", anything that's curious sparks my interest. I would have loved finding ATS when I was younger... Not that I'm really all that old right now. I'm drawn to the unknown, I'd say so more than anything.
(I read a hell of a lot when I was younger, though. That, as well as the fact that I often ended up conversing with quite wise 55+ year old people on our family camping trips would have accelerated mental development.)

I'm extremely good at picking up new skills, if that means anything. Usually I can get to a competent level at basically anything with about five to eight hours worth of devoted time. (Not amazingly good, mind you. It's not like I'm picking up a paintbrush and then being better than Da Vinci six ours later.)
However, that could easily have a lot to do with how I approach things.

@StarWars:
I've got no idea then. A lot of psychic stuff ends up seeming like hocus-pocus to me even though I endeavor to keep an open mind. You've checked for brain tumors, right? (Or at least gone over the list of common symptoms.) Whenever stuff starts going weird with someone cognition I consider them something worth being worried of. Just in case, y'know?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Everyone has some of this ability, it can be improved, and if used to good purposes and as a road to higher intuitive unfolding then anything is then possible.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Yes I do think that it is possible to discover "psychic" abilities later in life. However I think that "psychic" abilities are accessible to everyone (because of our biological makeup and the nature of our inter-connectedness with the world around us) but that it's just a matter of being open to these abilities and practicing them as one would a muscle. In my experience, the more that I meditate, the more I'm open to these abilities and the more I notice them and not dismiss them the stronger my "psychic" abilities become. Being a Highly Sensitive Person helps as well lol.

I'm very similar to you, OP, in that I also left Christianity behind and had more "psychic" experiences after I'd renounced. This was because I became more open to my inherent "psychic" abilities instead of repressing them like I'd done in the past. However, my reasons for renouncing Christianity were different. For me it was because I could no longer believe in the basic tenets of Christianity. Being First Nations Australian has also played a part in my decision in that I wanted to connect with my ancestral spirituality.

edit on 14/11/2015 by Sparkly_Eyed777 because: Added "Being a Highly Sensitive Person helps as well lol."

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkly_Eyed777

Aside from meditation is it possible to open the third eye via physical activities? Because one thing I notice when I do physical activities such as walking my third eye opens.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This sister sound like the one you should concentrate on.
maybe she has the power and you are fated to get to know her.
you may have a bond with her. and the dream is just the start.
no! maybe you would be just freinds!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I don't see it as failed, you have a choice to be reborn or move up to...enlightenment, whatever it is, but if you can achieve it, its your choice.

If you easily pick things up then you have probably done it before in past lives and that is why.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
OP, I was very skeptical until a certain point in my life, when circumstances forced me to open my mind. Over the years I came to realize that most of what we experience about ourselves is based on what we believe about ourselves, and there are a lot of limits there. Most of them, we can actually reduce or release though, since they are our own limits.

At a quantum level (though I dislike using that word) reality is fundamentally and functionally based on non-local rapport so at that level there's probably no such thing as anybody or anything that isn't part of that.

At a personality level however, people vary in psi talent as much as they do in musical or sports talent. I've been fairly involved in this topic for a couple decades now, including with masses of people attempting to 'train' (themselves or via others) to use psychic functioning, so this is more than just my musing. Some people are gifted walking in and this seems to run in families like other talents do. Some people are going to be as oblivious as the tone-deaf and that is just the way it is. This is likely not a biological limitation (though it could be I suppose) -- there are so many other factors that can be involved. And of course there is a huge spectrum in between.

Allowance of what-we'll-call-psi-for-lack-of-a-better-word seems dominantly psychological, that is to say, something (who knows what, that ephemeral 'energy' perhaps) renders through the body's nervous system, which is physical, but then it has to be "allowed perception" which is all psychology, and then it has to be "translated" into something sensible which is a blend of physiology and psychology (especially as this can be filtered, augmented or distorted at that point), and then it has to be "communicated" in some fashion, which again goes back to (mostly) psychology. Regardless of the sports-like talent for it, if the psyche does not support it, this is just not going to happen -- or if it does, it's likely going to be in some negative context in the psyche's reaction, instead.

People often come to "greater intuitive awareness" as they get older and in fact I suspect there is a certain "capacity" in people that does not actually develop until one is aging (some ancient mystical practices actually excluded anybody who wasn't yet 40 for example) -- or at least, does so gradually. But much of this change is simply because as people age, they often either get more repressed or less, depending on the person. You may have known for example, two older people, one of whom may have become more superstitious, more judgmental as they aged, and another who may have become more open and even a bit bohemian as they clearly just didn't give a rat's derriere what people thought of them anymore.

For those who seem to relax and expand as time moves on, and who let go of elements that often brought them "inhibition" (and even fear and other paradigms) when younger, many of the things in the way in their psyche simply go away, and some of the natural river of talent they always had starts to become more clear. So it's very common for psi and precognitive dreams, visions, intuitive knowings, and intuition across the board to increase in one's life when they are older. Not unusual at all.

Thinking of it as if it is some separate 'thing' or rare is probably not conducive to more of it, though. Understanding that it's just a natural part of basically everyone - 'to varying degrees of manifestation' just like our ability to play piano or basketball or do math might be - gives it a nicer framework, I think.

Best regards,
RC

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I didn't start awakening to my psychic abilities until the summer after junior/senior year and I'm still awakening at 24. I'll probably be about jesus' age before I go full messiah.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CunningPerson

I found that I started to have "feelings" after I had my child. Also hanging out with psychics brings it out. I cant explain it, I like to think im "normal" but other people say they know I have something.

Don't know when I will go full messiah, im past age of Jesus.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Psychic abilities and spiritual enlightenment are only loosely correlated, not causative, so you're unlikely to go even part-time messiah just for being a bit intuitive. Still, one can always hope, I suppose. :-)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The visual static you’re seeing is energy. It’s surprisingly does have many uses. Static can be used to read auras, effect others emotions, and even protection. It’s incredibly useful and you should embrace it.

edit on 7-4-2020 by Itsbeenweird because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join